Episode 1: Author’s Notes
383 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Heyo! dotturndot here and, welcome to my 8th series! It’s like both a grand achievement and a despairing reminder of just how much more important luck is compared to hard work.

The series itself is also sorta themed around this dilemma. Yes, you heard that right. The story is about the scary dichotomy between the fate we are born with and our efforts to change that fate (whether or not you believe in fate, or are trying to massively deny it).

In this day and age where people ‘chase’ after things to only despair when they don’t get them, we get split into one of two baskets: it’s fate or I didn’t put in enough effort.

I don’t know if the answer is both, or something completely different. So that’s what I plan to explore in this series. EunHa who has a ‘plot debuff’ and Rize who has a ‘plot armor’. What kind of insights would these two teach us through their journey (hell, even as the author, I’m curious).

I don’t know how it is for other authors, but my characters take on a life of their own. Some writers decide a personality for their characters, but I let the characters decide their personality. I can adjust the major aspects, but the nuances of their actions are simply… up to fate. I just write what the ‘universe’ expresses through me.

The whole world concept is unique, so it’ll take a lot more that a few episodes to have you understand just what kind of situation humanity is in. I’ve already tried my best to not overwhelm you guys with too much in this first episode. I’m not sure if hiding certain aspects of the world temporarily has created any sort of confusion in certain scenes. If it has, my apologies.

Now then, onto extra notes:

  1. The idea of self-harm came from an interview I did with one of my friend that actually did such a thing. I was surprised to learn that it’s actually because of ‘guilt’ that ‘they’ hurt herself. Like… ‘they’ thinks ‘they’ deserves to suffer (they is gender neutral for the words ‘him’ / ‘her’, gender identity will be kept private). Props to they for the interesting conversation as I’ve never done self harm before.

  2. Tatsuki Rize (Reese Rine) is a character from my 7th series. I liked her personality too much so I’m bringing her back to star as a main character in this story. She’s my favorite character of all time because of her ‘insanity’.

  3. Yes. In this story we have a ‘villian’, ‘regressor’, ‘player-reincarnator’, and ‘isekai-reincarnator’. For those unfamiliar with these genres, I can only ask of you to do your best in comprehending these new concepts. As for those that know, I’ll tell you first that I’m not good with ‘faceslapping’ so don’t get your hopes up for that. What I’m good at is making the characters grounded. The one that ends up getting slapped is the MC herself, not the others.

  4. The main references I’m using for this story is as follows: No Game No Life Zero, Aldenoah.Zero, The Demon Prince Goes to the Academy, and 86. The common tie between all these stories is that they’re all very emotional. So grab some tissue, I’ll not hold back crushing your heart.

*Special thanks to @Tucan444 and @Weeb-san for the beta reading!

https://www.dotturndotcreative.com/our

12