3. Call me Yurei!
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As fast as light, Hima had descended a mountain. It was a very lonely area. Around that mountain was a dense forest. Varsha came out from Hima's forehead. Varsha said to Hima who was thinking.

"I, too, have never seen maple land in this human form of mine! Not even entered!"

"How shall we go?", asked Hima.

Varsha sighed, "If in human form, it wouldn't come before my eyes, I mean, I don't know how to go! But the entrance to maple land would never hide from my eyes as a phoenix."

Hima looked at Varsha.

Varsha reassured Hima, "Anyway, now there is no other way, don't worry no one knows our secret!"

Hima hid the worry in her eyes and put a smile on her lips.

"Before I go, I have a few things to remind you of.", Varsha warned

"Okay Mom", Hima breathed out, closing her eyes in disdain.

"No matter what you feel, if the situation feels out of hand, I will come down and turn everything into ashes. Then there is no need to cry!", Varsha Shrugged off.

Hima looked at Varsha in surprise.

"What I don't understand is what sin I have committed to sharing a soul with you!"

"Lucky you!", Varsha

"Varsha, please, can you be serious?", Hima laughed.

"Let's focus!", Hima told Varsha with a small smile.

There was a smile on Hima's face and relief in Varsha's eyes.

Varsha smiled, "Let's go!"

Hima melted into Varsha's forehead. With a loud cry from the bird, Varsha transformed into a phoenix bird. Shining golden wings, burning fire. The Phoenix has taken flight. As they flew on and on, a very thick mist soon appeared.

"What is that?", Hima asked curiously.

"Calm down!", Varsha pacifies Hima.

"I don't like surprises!", said Hima in frustration.

"I love surprises!", laughs Varsha.

The phoenix flew through the mist. The thickness of the fog was gradually decreasing. When the fog cleared completely, the entrance to the legendary maple land appeared before them. The phoenix flew down and landed in front of a maple forest. Hima came out from Phoenix's forehead and stood next to Phoenix. She looked around. Stream and waterfall to the left and right of the maple forest. A very, reddish-yellow colored maple leaves on the floor and the trees, a sight to behold. Suddenly, Hima blinked and looked everywhere, and asked,

"Is this real?"

Hima looked carefully around.

Hima expressed her doubts, "I mean, No living thing, no bird, no animal is seen here! No sound is heard anywhere!".

"Yes! It's a barrier. Because this place is under the protection of these maple forests, that is why this other world is called maple land!", Varsha explained.

"Then... can we get on?", Hima asked with doubt looking at the forest.

"We can get on. Because it hasn't stopped me so far!", assured Varsha.

"Is that because you were in phoenix form anymore?", hima asked.

Varsha took a breath and let out, "In phoenix form, it's not a good idea to go in anymore... Anyway, let's try, don't you remember no barrier can stop us!"

Hima nodded. Varsha changed into her human form. Both of them set foot into the maple forest together. Miraculously, the maple trees in front of them parted to either side, giving them a way to walk forward. Varsha looked both ways, while Hima pushed her eyes out and gulped down the saliva in surprise. The two held hands and hesitantly walked forward. Slowly and slowly they approached maple land. They came out of the maple forest, both holding hands and looking around in wonder.

After swallowing, Hima said, "Beautiful!"

It was a beautiful valley under the sun.

"This is the valley of the dawn!", Varsha said.

"I know! varad bro has said that maple land has many parts. Dawn Valley, where the sun reigns. Moon Valley, where the moon reigns. Ancestral land, where the ancestral tree is located, spiritual land, where the sword spirits reside. Then, last, hollow land, cold frozen region.", hima repeated what varad said to her.

They talked and walked.

"Yes! dawn valley, the valley where the sun never sets, moon valley, the valley where the sun never rises. These two are where people live. Moon Valley, those who live there, control the dark energy of the world.", Varsha shared her knowledge.

"Dark energy!", Hima fumed.

"Don't be afraid! Sis will just take a moment to turn moon valley into ash valley!", Varsha tried to change the moment without changing her aloof expression.

Hearing Varsha's words, Hima burst into laughter.

Hima suppressed her laughter and said, "Sis! Let's go to Dada!"

Varsha melts into Hima's forehead. Hima runs towards Sulien at the speed of light.

In the center hall of dawn valley, a rectangular structured building, where four halls are joined together with a central courtyard open to the sky, all the guardians of dawn valley, the elders of the ancestral land, and the master of the hollow land gathered and judged Sulien and his two sons. Hima reached the top of the hall without making a sound, sat there, and understood the situation. By that time, DJ, Yang, and Jun, all three of them arrived at the center hall. They walked straight and bowed to the elders and sat on the side. Jia and Jun looked here and there.

"Such a mistake from the northern guardian, who was an example to all, is unforgivable!", Ancestral Elder, Linwood, said.

"Wilford, Arrest them!", the Ancestral Elder, Stanwood raged.

Wilford, the Ancestral Army General, took out his spiritual weapon, the iron whip of fire, from his front wrist. He swung the whip to strike Sulien and his children. Before he could strike, Hima jump into the courtyard and stood in front of Sulien. The whip that came at her, effortlessly, she froze it.

"You!", Wilford growled, trying his best to swing his whip.

With a calm face and fierce eyes, Hima looked at Wilford. All the people in the hall were surprised.

"Hima!", sulien, varad, aadi, Yang, and Jun, were all surprised.

Her hand raised against the whip and slowly closed the fingers tightly. The next moment, the whip snapped and shattered. Wilford, sad and frustrated, strangled Hima without thinking about anything else. The next moment, the phoenix roared out of her forehead. Frightened, Wilford fall back after releasing his grip on her neck.

"Phoenix!", everyone exclaimed.

"Hima!", called sulien.

"Dada!", Hima looked back.

She knelt and sat beside them.

"Are you okay?" Sulien asked worriedly.

She nodded with a smile.

"What is this Hima? Why did you come here?", a concerned Sulien asked.

"Dada!"

"Phoenix!", Sulien yelled angrily with teary eyes.

The phoenix went back inside Hima. As she hurriedly tried to untie their hands, Stanwood attacked her from behind. However, before Stanwood's wind energy could even touch her, lightning energy came and fought it. Yang, Jun, and DJ sitting on the side veranda, ran to her.

"Are you okay?", Yang asked worriedly, holding her arm.

She shook her head, "I'm fine!".

She smiled at everyone. As everyone looked at Stanwood, she looked at Yang's hand, which was holding tightly to her arm. She looked at Yang's face and hit gently on his hand. He looked back at her.

"Oh!", he suddenly took his hand back.

He turned away awkwardly. She snickered. At that time, the hollow land master, Gurummara, walked up to her. He used his lightning power to free Sulien's and his sons' hands. Seeing their hands free, Hima looked back at Gurummara. She stood up from the floor in front of the Gurummara.

"Lightning Powers! Surely you Hollow Land Master, will be the Gurummara, right?", Hima asked. Gurummara nodded.

With a caring smile, Gurummara asked, "Then you must be the mysterious Himavarshini, aren't you?"

She stared into his eyes. He smiled. Yang was surprised by seeing his father's smile.

She sighed, "The hollow land master, Gurummara, is a person I have longed to see and adored. But what I never predicted was that I would hate him at first sight."

"Hima!", Sulien called out to her with a warning.

"What have I done?" asked the smiling gurummara.

"What have you done? My innocent father and brothers would have lost their lives because of your stupidity!", anger hima said.

"Hima, This is my warning! Heed your words!", Sulien raged.

Hima took a breath.

"Look, your father still has only one goal, to protect you.", Gurummara reminded her.

"I know, Dada loves me a lot. Likewise to my Dada and my brothers, that's what this Hima has to say. I'm ready to fight any force in this world for you, be it the dark energy or the strongest force in maple land!", she informed with red eyes.

Sulien looked at her lovingly with teary eyes. Gurummara took a deep breath and looked down.

"Phoenix, Bring her here!", ordered Hima.

The phoenix flew out from her forehead with a scream. Everyone watched in amazement as the phoenix flew away.

"That's her soul power!", Linwood whispered, looking at the partial superhuman mark on her forehead.

"What must have happened at her birth to cause such a determined, strong spirit...", thought Linwood.

"What's happening Hima?", Varad asked.

"Don't worry, bro! I got this!", she told him softly with a smile.

Crying, the phoenix flew closer. Everyone looked at a girl, Sandhya was hanging by phoenix's legs. After gently landing her on the ground, Phoenix flew onto Hima's forehead.

"Who is this?", Sulien asked.

"Hollow Land Master! Are you ready to announce the verdict after hearing my explanation?", asked Hima.

"What is this Hima? Don't!", Sulien grabbed her hands and pulled her back.

"Don't worry Dada! Nothing will happen to me! And the phoenix won't let it happen, Trust us!", Hima assured.

Sulien slowly let go of her hand.

"Thanks, Dada!", she smiled.

Gurummara nodded, "Say!"

She slowly walked toward the middle of the courtyard.

She explained to everyone, "It is well known that I, himavarshini, Sulien's daughter, since my childhood, have some difficulty controlling my ice power when the winter season comes. That's why I spent all the last winter season in the sea. This winter too. As usual, I left for the sea a day earlier. But on the way, I heard a girl crying and asking for help."

Sandhya's eyes slowly filled up and looked at Hima with awe.

"It was a situation that I could not ignore in any way. When I went to that place, they kept more than twenty girls in prison. My dada told me that helping the weak is a law of nature and that is the duty of us as a superhuman!", she looked at sulien with a smile and confidence.

Sulien gave her confidence and nodded.

"But I didn't use my powers against the goons to save the girls. I saved them with the help of this standing girl!", Hima pointed at Sandhya.

They gazed at each other.

"But when the girls escaped and ran more than ten goons came with guns and shot! I... I had no other choice in that situation!... No...Not only that! Even fearing that something might happen to the girls, my powers against the goons... moved!", Hima's voice lowered.

Everyone looked at her. Sandhya slowly walked beside her and placed her hand on Hima's shoulder.

"Thanks!!! There are very few people in this world who don't turn away from someone else's grief... For a moment I felt like God himself was helping me! I, or those girls, can never thank you enough for what you have done for us! You knew that the decision you made to save us would affect you and your family in the future, yet you decided to save us. From today, nay, from then on, you have the place of my God!", Sandhya expressed her heart.

Sandhya knelt before Hima.

"Don't!", Hima, stopped her.

Hima knelt with Sandhya, "I saved you or brought you here, not to kneel before me! You can be my friend, sister, but if you want to be a devotee, you are not welcome!", Hima said.

"No! If I could be the sister of such a person, that's what I'd choose instead of being a devotee!", Sandhya smiled with red eyes.

"I brought you here because I saw the kindness, the courage, the loyalty, and the willpower in you. Don't ever prove me wrong!", Hima shared her confidence in Sandhya.

"I don't know what my inner qualities are. But I do know that I will never deceive those who trust me, That's my word!", Sandhya showed her loyalty.

Both joined hands and stood up.

Hima looked at everyone and said, " I didn't kill anyone! I indeed froze those goons for a moment, but the next moment they were released and handed over to the police!"

"I am witness to this!", Sandhya supported.

"Who will believe you?", asked Standwood in disgust.

"I believe!", said Gurummara.

"Master!", Stanwood marveled.

"Linwood, you can't check Hima! But you can check if this standing girl is telling the truth!", said Gurummara.

No one could see Himavarshini's mind. Linwood's eyes turned purple. He looked at Sandhya's eyes carefully. Sandhya's eyes also turned purple and she looked right into his eyes. He saw all the events that happened that day through Sandhya's eyes. The purple color in his and Sandhya's eyes slowly faded.

"Everything Hima said was true! She didn't hurt anyone!", Lindwood testified.

"However, in Mortal Land, it is our law not to use our powers against anyone!", Standwood argued.

"Right! So Hima must be punished!", agreed Gurummara.

"Dad!", Yang worriedly.

" Yang, Don't!", DJ pulled Yang back.

"Dad?", Hima wondered after hearing Yang call Gurummara dad.

"But understanding the situation, understanding the motive, understanding her condition, my opinion is that the punishment should be as minimal as possible!", Gurummara added.

"What?", Against Standwood.

"What is Linwood's opinion?" asked Gurummara.

"I agree, Master!", Linwood supported.

"I don't agree!", Standwood protested.

"Master! Not only what happened that day, but what was shown here today was very rude!", Wilford, showing his anger.

"Let us leave the decision to nature!" said Ethel, meditatively.

The five elders of the Ancestral Land, Linwood, Stanwood, Ethel, Earle, and Jenna, folded their hands in a circle in the middle of the courtyard, looked up at the sky, and whispered with their eyes closed. Through the central courtyard open to the sky, a leaf flew and fell in front of the five elders. Except for Jenna, the other four elders opened their eyes. With her eyes closed, Jenna stretched out her hands in front of the fallen leaf. Slowly the leaf rose in the air.

"Welcome back, Yurei! Even if it was to save your family, of course, your behavior toward Wilford was rude. And there were many other choices to save the girls. Remember yurei, Our decisions never affect us alone!!!

Think, we give you one month, this one month you are not allowed to go outside the hollow land. Apart from everything, Thanks for coming back! ", is the sound that came from nowhere in nature.

Hima stared at the leaf that stood up.

Hollow land is different from other areas of maple land. In this cold and frozen region, not a single person can enter. From the outside, the hollow land master increases the strength of the barrier in this area. Through the cold windswept hollow land, Hima walked. She saw nothing but a snow-covered area. She walked and sat on a snow mountain. Varsha also sat beside her.

Varsha said to Hima who was thinking with her head on her knees, "It doesn't matter if your head is broken! It was true what the leaf said. But you never hear when I advise you! You'll say 'ok Mom!'"

"Shh...", hima warned.

They noticed footsteps approaching them. Varsha hides on Hima's forehead. Hima walked to the barrier. Outside the barrier of the Hollow land, Gurummara was waiting for her.

"You?", Hima frowned.

"Don't go inside too much! It's dangerous.", Gurummara was concerned.

"I don't need your concern! I know how to look after myself!", Hima gave him a cold shoulder.

Gurummara smiled and whispered, "Mother's daughter!".

"What?", hima asked.

"Nothing! I've been thinking about whether to call you Hima or Varsha! Sometimes I've heard you called Hima, sometimes Varsha. We're not that close, but we're not strangers either, so until you suggest a name, I think I'll call you both, one at a time. One by one, what do you say?", Gurummara asked.

She gazed at him.

"Call me Yurei!", she said arrogantly still softly.

"Do you like that name?", he sounds cared.

"Why did you ask that?", she frowned.

"I just thought, I'd ask about that!", he said.

She gazed at him. She felt close to him and trusted him. But she didn't show any of it and continued the conversation at a distance tone.

"I love that name!", she informed.

"May I know why?", he tried to know more about her.

"... ray! I like the sun's rays. And... Yurei means one soul! I like it! the one soul!", she said.

He smiled, "Then I'll call you Ray! I also like sun rays! And I like you too, little one soul!"

She exhaled looking into his eyes. He took a deep breath and let out a small smile.

"May I ask a favor?", Hima asked out of hesitation.

"Sure!", he said happily.

"I heard you were a normal human born without superhuman symbols. Can you help Sandhya?", asked hima.

"See you outside, little soul!", he turned and walked away.

She tittered, "I remember you said you could call me Ray, not little soul!"

"I think you like this better than that!".

He walked without looking back, raised his hand above his head, and waved. Slowly he faded away.

With a sigh, she said, "You've been a mystery to me, and I think you'll continue to be..."

She looked out of the barrier.

Spoiler

Chapter 4
Everything is changing!

[collapse]

 

0