Chapter 10
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asil knew nothing came from Marinka without a appropriate price tag. The womans service was expensive too.

"I need a spell crafter who works with Norse runes," Asil said, and Marinka in front of him stiffed up.

"No." She then said. "I will not dip my toes into those waters. No matter what you pay, Asil, that is far too dangerous for me, and consider this my warning."

Now Asil felt his ears perk up. Who and what could be dangerous and threatening enough to make Marinka think twice and step backwards. Being actually able to make her refuse a Deal was not something lightly done.

"I need to know; it matters little to me how dangerous it is." Asil empathized. Marinka was quite trustworthy for all her acts of drama. He knew her well enough for that, she had tangeld tails him once upon a time, and while it had been brief, it had been a beautiful time. The reason it hadn't worked out was simple enough, she was not ready to settle down and he had been far to focused on building a Skulk with River and Tallu during that time.

"Asil...this could kill me. Go ask Tallu; she has access to the library of that old freak in Cordoba ... there you will find your answers, but I won't risk my life for you. We are not friends enough anymore for such acts."

"Mari...."

"NO!" Marinka growled. "Don't even dare call me Mari again. You least of all people have the right to do so."

"I am sorry. But Marinka, it is for Tallu; she might kill herself in her stubbornness." Asil was starting to be desperate. What Tallu had gotten herself into, involved an ancient Fae and someone who could scare Marinka of all people. It was too dangerous for her.

"She is going through her Nine-tails exam...." Marinka muttered. "....no other reason you would act like this...oh, Asil. She has to go through that alone; the exams for sorcery foxes are special. No one knows what quest their magic sends them on, let themselves be led by it, but one has to go through that on their own. You cannot keep seeing her as the Child you have once found I know."

"Marinka...she is not a fighter. She is strong, yes, but she is a terrible combatant, she is so little, so frail." Asil argued, and Marinka signed. "You always did underestimate her, Asil. I am starting to wonder why she has not turned mad yet. No grown Vixen or Fox in her own right would allow herself to be treated like you and River treat Tallu. She is and will always be more a warrior than you make her ought to be, Asil. She is a survivor."

"I will not leave without finding out who she is after. I cannot leave her to go through this alone. It's too dangerous." He ampthized once again.

"There. That is why Tallu went to live at the Himalayas edge alone, alright." Marinka threw her hands into the air. "NO, Asil, just. No, I will not tell you. You will not interfere with Tallus Nine-tails exam, nor will I risk my Tails for your sake telling you something that will most likely kill me." then her gaze shot behind him, and a familiar scent tingled in his nose.

Fae. Old Fae and water. Growling, he turned; this was the Fae who had been with Tallu. He was right; if Tallu was searching for someone and that someone was a crafter, then Marinka was her first address to ask. Mainka observed the man, her eyes running up and down what had to be an illusion that gave the feel of having been worn for a long time, an old fantasy.

 
"I am humbly sorry..."The Fae started, and then his gaze flickered to Asil, recognizion flashint throuhg his eyes. "...that I have interrupted you. I will take my leave."

 
"YOU WON'T!" Asil stormed forward when he suddenly felt a sword go towards him.

 
"Cease your impudence, fox. I only have so much patience to deal with your kind, and right now, it is all being used by a half-grown foxling."
"Where is she!" Asil thundered and the Fae stilled.

 
"I see no need to inform you about that." The Fae stated that it was as cool as the night.

 
"If you are here for a crafter that uses Norse Runes as a catalysator, my door is there. I will not risk my life by telling you something that will likely kill me." Marinka threw in.

"Ah...I see, how regretful, and here I thought that a favor from me would have a life-risking worth."

 The Fae said, and Marinka behind Asil choked, starting to cough. Now he was keen on knowing what the two of them were doing and who this Fae was.

 
"Alistair...just no...that is....tempting, but my life is more precious to me," Marinka said behind them, and Alistair, that seemed to be the Fae's Name, shrugged his shoulders, completely ignoring Asils presence.

 
"I see then...I will have to find another source." He said and turned.

 
"No!" Asil growled, grabbing the man by his arm. "You remain here until you tell me where Tallu is."

 
"Fox...if you want to know where she is, that foxling should tell you herself. I will inform you about your pursuit of her, but that is all I will do."

 
"I don't know you, Fae, and you have no idea what Tallu means to me." He hissed. The Fae instead only grabbed his wrist and pushed on; underneath, his hand bones were cracking. Asil refused to let go, his self-healing running full throttle even as the Faes grip broke his wrist. Smashed it into pieces. Asil barely registered the pain. A few hours and it would be healed.
"Let go, Fox." The Fae said now, obviously with malice in his voice.
Asil did not.

"Gentleman. For God's sake, Alistair is a Lord of Seas...you cannot win against him. Don't destroy my goddam shop!"

 
Lord of Seas. Asil recognized that title, this Fae was indeed a power to be reckoned with, and no one could even guess how humanity's acts and pollution of his domain had influenced his powers.
He still did not care. He needed to get to Tallu. He had given his Word to River that she would be safe during this, and he had every damn desire to see to her safety himself. There were things to settle."

 
The Fae drew his sword and placed it at Asils neck. Asil raised his hand and had a sword of his own appear in his hand. Not with him. Alistair hissed and then moved his blade like lightning, aiming for Asils neck. Asil dodged by dancing backward, letting the usual illusion drop. He grew in size and the number of his openly visible scars.

 
"Asil of Fire and Ash." The Fae whispered. Exactly. Asil transformed with a Snarl and barreled toward the Fae Lord. Alistair did not waste his time; a fight between them would take time to settle. Instead, Asil saw he tried to teleport.

 
Not without him. Throwing in his fifth Tails magic, he hitchhiker on the Teleport. It was uncomfortable, and a sudden crush of the foreign magic, magic stronger than his, made him almost blackout.
To not do so, he let his fox take over, but not without realizing something else was influencing him.

 
The Shisha smoke. Honeysuckle and Nightshade, that was what it had been. The magic had enhanced the effects.

0