Prologue (Volume 2)
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We begin volume 2 of this story my dear readers.

I have an announcement to make, but as in the previous volume, I will say it in the author's notes.

This volume will be as short as the previous one, it does not mean that it will be short in pages. Possibly not because there are not many new characters.

Reminder that I will resume the story of the ugly mob when I finish this volume, I'm re-reading the 7 volumes to remember what I wrote XD.

From time to time I have flashbacks of my past lives.

That's right, I am Vandelion─ Lion, a hero who has been to multiple worlds saving them from the menace known as the Demon King.

I am best known as a Black Hero, an existence dedicated to saving the world in my own way.

You can criticize me all you want, but my methods work.

This world I found myself in was very special, mostly because my current red haired, golden eyed appearance was different in this place, my skin was blue and my hair was brown, as if I had been out partying.

This world is actually a colony of space stations, that's right, I am in space.

The space navy of the demon king of the galaxy Zaratras is closing in on his universal conquest.

I had just defeated the last general of the demon king, Bagrada of the three heads.

A rare alien with three heads that gave him multiple abilities, it wasn't easy, but I killed him.

Now I was returning to the base where my ally, Professor Foncas, a strange old man of short stature, big nose and squeaky voice was.

I met him thanks to a certain tragic event that I will not mention.

I activated the recognition signal for the security system.

Since it was space, it was only natural that everything looked like something out of science fiction.

As I entered, the robots guarding the hangar came to repair my ship.

The automatic door opened and there I saw him running toward me.

"Lion-shi! Are you all right-shi?"

He seems to have a language problem, I want to believe he does, to explain why he talks like he's biting his tongue on purpose.

"I'm fine, but Marphas is damaged. I can't use it anymore."

Marphas was the name of my ship.

"Don't worry, I'll fix it fast for you... shi."

(You just did that on purpose, didn't you?)

(You did it on purpose, didn't you?)

We walked to his lab, he was working on a weapon that could end all this once and for all.

"Professor, what decision has the Unified Star Government made regarding the demon king?"

"They will surrender."

"Huh?"

The professor's face showed his disappointment.

"They say they reached an agreement. They'll hand over part of half of the resources of the satellites and the economy to him. With that they'll save all the colonies-shi."

"That's stupid!"

I got so angry that I accidentally kicked a small robot that was cleaning up, sorry.

"Don't those idiots understand how many have died to get the navy stopped!"

"Don't they understand how many young men and veterans died to get them to make that absurd decision?"

"It's worse than you think-shi."

The professor's eyes showed his full repudiation of the government that liberated the world from global socialist rule.

"They plan to sacrifice ordinary people to ensure their safety-shi."

"Where do you think they will get the money to pay? From public utilities. People who don't have steady incomes like politicians who own businesses don't care about it-shi."

"Giving half of the money from the colonies will generate a total economic crisis. Added with the anarchy that will come now when poverty increases by more than 75% estimated-shi."

"Humanity's defeat was caused by its own leaders, ironic isn't it? Umm-shi."

It is true what he says.

Worst of all, the demons don't care about the economy, they just destroy everything in their path, they are barbarians in every word.

At this rate, everything we have fought for will be for nothing.

"These problems aside, I wanted to show you something."

"What is it?"

"I told you that when we first met, I would thank you for saving me. Also, that you also fight to save a society that hates you because of your skin color."

I was born into this world as a Lunarian, that's what my ethnicity is called, they are people who come from the moon and centuries ago destroyed the "earth" by trying to colonize it.

That is why humans and Lunarians in a zero aggression deal created the space colonies and the unified government.

The problem is that the hatred and racism escalated to such a degree that I haven't seen any Lunarians besides myself.

"I remember that it was by chance that you came running to me."

"No. It was fate-shi."

"We met because it was the work of fate that we came together."

(You say that, but you were being chased by a group of women for swindling them and stealing their underwear, you used me as a scapegoat and we both became fugitives for a while.)

(You're lucky you helped me so much that I forgot about it.)

"Yes... fate. So what's this gift."

"Look."

He pressed a button and out of the ground came two capsules.

One of them contained a strange green sword and in the other.

"A girl!"

"It's not a girl. It's a Magidroid."

A beautiful girl in a pilot's outfit was in the capsule. Her skin was snow white, her hair was silver with a bob style cut with trimmed ends and perfect bangs covering her forehead.

His eyes were open, a beautiful navy blue. But she didn't seem to see me.

"Her name is Elysium. You can also call her Eliza."

"She is your personal maid and wife. I designed her specifically for you as a gift for helping me so much and when this war is over... I was going to present her to you."

"Now the sword, it's made of the rarest material you can find in the galaxy. Millinium!"

"As you may know, Millinium absorbs the magic element particles from space and just like a diamond, it develops within thousands of years generating its shining state almost like a rock, but it is a metal."

"It took a long time to create it, using the materials you brought me. But I succeeded, with this sword you will be able to defeat the demon king without any problems-shi."

In this world people discriminated against me because of my skin color, I never had friends, but the teacher never did, he treated me like a person unlike others when I was a Japanese salaryman.

I started to cry unintentionally.

"Thank you professor. Thank you."

"Aaaah! Lion-shi don't cry!"

"I'm not saying you'll use it exclusively in close combat, you'll only use it if necessary. I'll repair your ship as quickly as possible─"

The alarm suddenly sounded.

"Alert! Enemy fleet approaching!"

"How do you say? Project it!"

In the air a screen manifested and showed a large fleet, approximately 6 million ships.

"Why are there too many ships!!!! No, how did they find us? I'm sure I circled around a lot and left several false leads."

"I was sold."

I looked at the professor.

"Excuse me?"

"The government surely sold me out, I always went against them. I told them that science is to help people, not to create weapons."

"Now that they have sold out the colonies to survive, they sold me out to get rid of my ideas that go against theirs."

"Science is not a weapon and they don't understand that."

I see.

Those bastards sold out the professor, that's bad.

There's only one thing to do.

"Professor. Remember your words, I must also say thank you again, but I won't be able to enjoy your gifts."

"What do you mean?"

I looked at him to see as I walked out of the lab.

"It was nice to meet you."

"...!"

I ran to my ship, he followed me.

"Lion-shi! What nonsense are you going to do?"

"I'm sorry professor. You are the only person who can carry your ideology that science exists to help the level that people understand it."

"It doesn't matter to me whether they live or die, but, if I were in their place, I wouldn't want to die because of some selfish people."

"I have an anti-magic bomb inside the ship, I stole it from Bagrada. Its range is a circumference of 3 million kilometers."

"Please use the warp jump to escape."

"Cut the crap!"

He stopped me, his eyes showing how much he disliked this idea.

"You tell me to live. But what do you think life is to you then?"

"Is dying a martyr's death something you want?"

"Do you want to die so much for people who despise you?"

"Let's run away together and cut the crap."

I looked at him to see, let go of his hand and pushed him to fall on his ass.

"That's why you must survive at all costs."

"I may die, but I will live on. Not you, the world needs you more than it needs me. Goodbye Professor Foncas, you will always be the person who will have all my respect and admiration."

I said all that as I climbed into the ship and closed the hatch.

"Lion-shi! Stop!"

He tried to stop me, I gave directions to the robots to stop him.

"Get off me you fools! Lion-shi!"

"It was a pleasure to meet you, and a sadness to say goodbye without thanking you for all you did for me."

I started the engine and turned to fly away.

"Lion-shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

The professor's voice echoed in my cockpit.

Damn it, why is that guy who stole underwear such a good person?

This is no time to cry.

I quickly located the flagship of the demon king that was attacking us.

It was the flashiest ship.

A video caller was asking for my permission, I gave it access.

"Duhahahahahaha! I can't believe it's you."

"Demon King Zaratras."

The demon king, a creature that looks like a toad, but with the mouth of a horse, by the way, the demon king says weird things like identifying himself as human and demon king, what stupidity is this guy talking about?

"It's finally time to finish you off, hero. You've annoyed me so much and killed my precious generals."

I felt disgust when he fondly emphasized his generals.

"The stupid human government opened the doors for me to destroy them, feel blessed, you will die by my hand personally."

Wait.

"Are you saying you want a duel?"

"That's right, I want to kill you with my own hands."

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

"I wanted that. Thank you very much."

"Oh, right. What's wrong with this guy?"

The demon king told his fleet not to touch me and to let me move on.

I don't need the bomb I thought.

"Now!"

Suddenly they started shooting at me.

"You really thought that you idiot!"

"Did you think an idiot like you could get near me?"

"I just wanted to see your face up close when you're going to die Duahahahahahaha!"

"Ah, I'm going to die."

The shields can't hold any longer, any second now I'll be destroyed.

Well, I've died in worse ways so this doesn't bother me at all.

I looked back, despite seeing the bomb and the darkness of the ship, I saw the professor in reality.

I smiled and said to him.

"Hey, you idiot demon king, look over there."

I showed him what was behind me.

"What's..................!"

"It's too late now."

The hull cracked and a shell hit the bomb.

I couldn't see it because everything was so fast that I saw only a blue light.

But surely, no, no doubt they were all swallowed up by the blast.

Professor, I hope you are well.

I will be, because I am going to meet the beautiful Goddess Amylene and she will send me to another world.

I must complete certain requirements in order to earn my promised gift.

I opened my eyes and found myself in a luxurious room, I brought my hand to my face to rub my eyes, I could see that the skin on my hand was white and not blue.

I remembered, I am in another world.

In the Lespinasse Kingdom to be exact.

I was brought to this world to fight against an organization called the Ouroboros Order that planned to revive the Demon God.

Today was a special day.

"Good morning, Lion-sama."

A beautiful female voice called out to me from the side, I turned and there I saw a beautiful maid with long, braided silver-pink hair and green eyes.

"Good morning, Emm..."

"Isabella is my name. I am Her Highness Princess Rosemary's personal maid, she asked me to wake you up and remind you that today is an important day."

"Of course, thank you for waking me up."

"Emm, anything else?"

"Nothing to report. I was just waiting for your confirmation."

"I'll help you get dressed, please get up."

"No, I can do it myself."

"It is considered a failure for a maid to be unable to dress the lord or lady she serves."

"...Fine."

I don't like this, dressing up is unnecessary, it makes me feel like a baby.

I went to bathe first and then dress.

I was going to have breakfast, first of all.

After breakfast, I didn't find no one, it's weird that the most important women in this place are not there.

But I headed to the subway dungeon.

I call it that because it isn't.

During the attack of Dixgard and Utgard-Loki, I found this place, and there in the background there is something interesting that I want to confirm.

As I entered the place, in the distance I saw two people in expedition clothes waiting for me.

One of them was a servant girl with short purplish-black hair that reached her neck, with two braided buns on the sides, making her look like a cat.

Her eyes were a beautiful clear orange, although one of them was covered by her bangs.

It was Louise Beltre.

"Lion-sama, please hurry. We've been waiting for you for a while now."

"That's right, how dare you keep your wife waiting?"

Said the girl beside her.

Her hair was honey blonde and tied with a blue butterfly in a side ponytail on the left side. Almost nearing the tip of the end, it turned a beautiful pastel pink her hair and golden yellow eyes.

The second princess of the kingdom, Millialice Sara Lespinasse and also one of my fiancées.

Because of what happened recently I rescued them and they became my future wives, including Louise.

"Sorry for the delay. But will you girls be going too?"

"I was always curious what this place was and today is my chance to make it!"

"I'm of the same opinion as the princess. Besides, do you think it's dangerous?"

"I don't. But you can never be sure there's no danger."

That's right, it's time to get us into this place.

It's the remains of a spaceship.

Two clarifications, I don't know if someone has already created it, but the word "Magidroid" is original from me, but I don't know if someone already used it.

The "Millinium" mineral is also original and in fact I'm seriously thinking about including it in Ixion's story considering it's the only one that can travel to space (something the author doesn't want for reasons that shouldn't happen). So I hope I know how to take advantage of this "original", because maybe someone has already created it or not.

Instead of fanservice is design of the professor, his name derives from the word "Funko Pop" but with old man pronunciation and also his appearance.

https://devilman.fandom.com/wiki/Dr._Isaac_Gilmore

1