Adventure 12 ─ Marquis Atley shows up
35 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have a nice day my dear readers, I bring you a new chapter.

This is the longest chapter of this volume so far.

Away from the kingdom, two men were drinking beer while having a quiet conversation.

"Hey, it's true what Fenrir said."

"Yes, he said that Loki won't take any action against that kingdom. He doesn't seem to be interested in it."

"That's bad for us, you know?"

"We lost good men going there and now we're left with nothing to plunder."

"Not my problem, you gave the order, not me."

They belonged to the Mercenary State of Argrand a violent country that hired out its warriors for wars, even they themselves cause them and sent aid that nobody asked for and demanded payment for it.

It is a moderately small country, but it has managed to survive without affecting large nations to seek their hatred.

Those two men were the last generals left in the place, the others are dead or were killed to come to power.

The one on the right who was taking a skewer of fried squid is a middle-aged man who enjoys alcohol and women very much, the latter being the reason he lost his left eye, Kristoff Goldsmith was his name, also known as the Crimson Lion King for his hair.

While the man on the left spent his time smoking to the point that his voice became very rough, his appearance was similar to a barbarian with piercings in his ears, Belgata Ludenberg was called and was known as the Black Rabbit to his red eyes and black hair, although it was more due to his great speed.

The two were friends in this place, they crossed swords several times to protect each other's backs or to kill each other to no avail.

Kristoff asked Belgata.

"What do we do? We are subordinates whether we want to be or not of that strange order."

"They threatened us to keep us under control and we don't want to end up like that guy."

"Don't remind me. I really hate having to duck my head when that annoying guy comes in and acts like the boss of this place. If it wasn't because he used that weird power to take that guy down, we wouldn't be afraid of him."

"...I know."

"What's wrong?"

Belgata smiled at Kristoff.

"We'll take care of that for him."

"Huh?"

Belgata stood up and walked off the roof, Kristoff trailed after him.

"What are you talking about? Where are you going?"

"We're going to do the best we know."

He turned and saw his companion.

"We'll take care of conquering that country, that guy seeing how we took care of the problem he doesn't want to solve, because he's probably afraid of who defeated his dog, he doesn't think we can."

"Oh, I understand. You're right, we'll show him then that we're not only still the strongest. We won't let him humiliate us again either."

The two tightened their arms as they made their statement.

"We will crush the Lespinasse Kingdom!"

To reach the kingdom from Argrand takes three days.

Preparations for war began immediately to leave as soon as possible.

◇◇◇

At the royal palace of the Lespinasse Kingdom, some important business was being conducted that they needed to resolve immediately.

A few days ago they were attacked by an enemy nation which was the kingdom of Bellmoth.

The kingdom managed to win thanks to Lion, the problem was the following.

"Who are the culprits that allowed this?"

It was the question everyone wanted to know.

It was learned that the three responsible for this were Marquis Reiss, Prime Minister Obermayer and the late former King Emerson.

But they had acquaintances.

Those acquaintances were not exactly around during the attack.

Therefore, a thorough investigation of interrogations of all nobles and merchants in the kingdom was carried out.

Even those not living in the capital.

The queen, a woman of exuberant beauty which her daughters inherited as her slender figure, huge breasts and honey-colored hair tied in a braided bun, with the exception that the ends of her hair turned a beautiful amethyst color like her eyes.

Queen Angelina Sara Lespinasse, or Angely, had a tired look in her eyes.

"Ngh, it's so annoying this."

The queen and the ministers were listening to the verdicts of those recently returned nobles and merchants. They wanted to corroborate their information with what was provided by the accused.

Many innocents there were, few guilty.

Currently the queen was very stressed not from sleeping, but from the individual in front of her.

"As I was telling Your Majesty. I was fighting that strange black slime, being a shield for my subordinates to flee."

The seated man was one of the knights protecting the royal palace.

A man in his twenties, handsome, with a long chin and golden hair.

The commander of the royal knights, Boyle the golden dragon.

That was his name.

Boyle was his family name, but he always preferred to be called that.

He is a man known by all to be extremely narcissistic, the maids avoid him and the knights look away every time he looks in the mirror and shows off his white teeth.

What is a sad truth for everyone is that his abilities are real.

He is the strongest man in the kingdom, the queen was questioning him about his reason for not going to fight at the front or to protect the castle.

Boyle was explaining to her...

"I could not go to the front to fight with my brave knights since as our name implies. We are the elite knights, our existence is solely to protect the palace."

He stood up, suddenly causing everyone's gazes to focus on the strange birds flying overhead.

"I wanted to go fight in the front row like the knights who lost their lives that day."

He clenched his fist in intensity as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"But I couldn't, I was defending the palace!"

"The lives of the queen and the princesses were the most important thing to the country! Even knowing I would be hated, I wanted to prioritize the safety of the royal family."

"If that's a crime..."

Boyle gritted his teeth and looked up at the ceiling, everyone wondering what he was looking at to blurt out the next sentence.

"Then I am guilty. Please execute me for deciding to follow my heart."

"That's enough! You are free of suspicion, please leave now."

Said the queen while avoiding looking at Boyle.

The ministers nodded and a servant quickly led Boyle out of the place.

"In that case, Your Majesty and all the ministers, take care of yourselves."

After exiting, the queen grabbed a paper bag she had on her lap.

She vomited without caring who saw her.

"I can't deal with this. Every time he speaks it's so repulsive."

The ministers also secretly vomited.

Every time Boyle spoke or did something to be proud of, it only elicited the same feeling from everyone present.

Cringe.

The cringe they felt was so great that something in them they never thought would happen happened.

For that reason, regardless of whether Boyle is innocent or guilty, the biggest weapon he has to make everyone run away from him is the cringe he generates.

Once the queen's expression improved after throwing up a lot, she said to bring in the next defendant.

Everyone was surprised to see who it was, the queen's gaze sharpened as a well-dressed middle-aged man entered.

His hair was black with some gray peeking out, a long beard and most of all foxy eyes that could make anyone feel intimidated.

"It is a pleasure to have you with us, Marquis Atley."

"The pleasure is mine, Your Majesty Angelina-sama."

Marquis Malcolm Atley was part of the Six Grand Marquises. Only now because two of them were executed as traitors, they have become the Four Grand Marquises.

Why would this person be questioned despite belonging to one of the most loyal families in the kingdom?

That has to do with the fact that he went out to trade fabrics a few days before what happened, returning a short time ago without those fabrics.

He sat down and began to narrate what happened.

"Then when I was returning to the capital we were ambushed by a group of bandits, they were not simple bandits, they were mercenaries who defected from Argrand."

"They were exhausted, but they managed to kill some of my escorts and stole my merchandise. They cared more about the cloths than my life I have to thank."

"I understand, it must have been hard at the time."

"It was. I was always careful, but I never imagined we would be ambushed in such a surprise way. They were probably remnants of the remnants of that army they encountered a few days ago on the way here."

"..."

The queen couldn't tell him a single but.

Everything he said was backed up.

(The knights were questioned separately each of them, they didn't seem frightened, they even told the same as him.)

(Everything he says is too perfect.)

The queen's distrust of the marquis was due to only one reason.

The marquis was a good friend of her late ex-husband.

That detail should not be important, let alone personal.

But there have been certain instances where Marquis Atley was always favored.

Starting with the fact that as the third son of a family of poor country baron’s, he managed to climb to the top.

His older brother would inherit the house, but died in a conflict with a drunkard, his older brother loved to drink, therefore, it was not unusual for him to have died like that.

His other brother died of different causes, he died of a disease which was contagious according to doctors, but the only one who contracted it was him.

For that reason, he managed to marry the woman who is the legitimate heir of the Atley family.

Malcolm was a clever man, it was not unusual for him to be chosen.

The queen feels that all the things that have happened to him in his life, besides having many coincidences and an excuse with proof of not being there, Malcolm is a man that would make anyone doubt.

"All right. You may go."

"Thank you Your Majesty."

Before leaving the meeting room, the queen said to him.

"Please give my regards to your wife, my dear friend."

"I will give her your compliments."

The marquis left and the queen did not blink for a moment.

Behind her stood her escort, a woman with blue hair and violet eyes, Zara Forgrave was the only woman in the knight corps and the most trusted person to Angely.

"Your Majesty, is something wrong?"

"It's nothing. It's just too much timing as everything he says is always to avoid being blamed."

"Not even an innocent person would have so much evidence in his favor."

The queen did not stop staring intently at the marquis' report and the knights were questioned.

(I don't think someone who got mixed up with that man would be so clean.)

◇◇◇

After leaving the palace Marquis Atley got into his carriage, inside his right hand man was waiting for him.

A man of short stature, strange topknot and squeaky voice.

It was Baron Lambton.

Lambton was the fifth son of a family of counts, where his four older brothers were talented and intelligent, he being the only idiot in the family.

Lambton cleaned the suit of the marquis, since to be his right hand he was rather his faithful lackey, since thanks to him he managed to become a nobleman and not a knight.

The marquis looked uninterestedly at the window.

"That bitch is really annoying. She kept looking at me with those whore eyes of hers."

"Are you talking about the queen my lord?"

"What other bitch am I referring to you idiot? Never mind, tell him to take me home."

Lambton signaled the driver to take them home.

"You should control yourself a little, Malcolm-dono."

Said a third voice that was hidden in the carriage.

It was Boyle who was drinking a glass of wine.

"I hope no one saw you."

"Don't worry. I came in when the carriage turned into a dark area."

"I told them I was going to get some sleep so I'll get off at exactly one stop to go to my room."

"I'll be brief then."

"It all fell through. That jerk Gustave couldn't get that guy with the weird name to do anything right."

The marquis was revealing his true intentions.

"The three of us; me, him and Reiss planned this to go live in a better place but those idiots ruined everything. I thought they were well organized, my mistake, I never imagined they were such idiots."

"It was because I found that pile of corpses they were picking up off the road that I was able to come up with a plan after I saw that the capital was still standing."

"The hard part was getting rid of the carriage in pieces, the easy part was the corpses of those who were loudmouths."

"In my case I really planned to suffer a serious injury, but I didn't expect things to turn in their favor."

"Tell me, is it really as they say? An outsider destroyed that army."

Boyle was shaking his drink like a child at play. Without much interest he answered him.

"I don't really know him. But the princesses spend time with him every moment."

"I understand, I'll let you know of any plans I have in mind. Go on."

"That's cold."

Boyle left after passing a palace watchtower.

Lambton asked the marquis.

"The queen must no longer suspect you my lord. It's a good thing you didn't take me on that phony trip so as to have more credibility."

"Yes... it was..."

"What will you do now?"

Lambton asked, the marquis just looked outside the window.

"I have to escape from here as soon as possible. Surely that stupid bitch will find out something or try to frame me, I have no time to waste."

The marquis before he knew it arrived at his mansion.

Lambton opened the carriage door and was greeted by the servants after alighting.

The butler informed him that they had visitors.

After entering his house, he got an unexpected surprise.

"Y-You are...!"

"What is this place?"

Mary brought me to a mansion I was unfamiliar with.

The servants greeted us, the door opened and I was stunned at what my eyes saw.

"It is a pleasure to have you here, Princess Rosemary."

"No, the pleasure is mine Marquise Atley."

A beautiful woman with pink hair tied in a braid rested her shoulder.

Greeting me, her beautiful brown eyes emanating a warmth that only a mother could have.

Upon seeing me she greeted me.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Marquise Shirley Lilia Atley."

"A pleasure to meet you ma'am, my name is─"

"The hero Vandelion. We all know who you are."

"Allow me to thank you personally, thank you so much for saving us, we are eternally grateful."

"There is nothing to thank─"

I was speechless when she bent down to show her gratitude, the moment she did it I only just realized it.

Her breasts are huge. They are so big that they are perfectly hidden in that thin fabric.

Her breasts must be just as big as Angely.

Thank you very much.

"Why are you doing that?"

She asked as she looked at me gratefully.

"It's nothing. I was just showing my respects for your greeting, it's a habit of mine."

"Of course it is. A habit."

Mary said without taking her eyes off me.

"Please come in."

We entered her house, it's a luxurious mansion, as expected of rich people.

We went to a room and he asked us to sit down.

"Princess Rosemary, I read your letter this morning, are you serious?"

"I am. That's why I came here, I want to repay you for all the kindness you extended to us over the years."

"You know each other formally without the need for your status?"

I asked very curious.

Mary answered me with a smile.

"Shirley-sama is an important person to my mother and us. She is a close friend of my mother's, while to Alice and me she is a dear aunt we could almost treat as a godmother."

"Fufufu, you embarrass me so much Rosemary."

The marquise stopped calling her princess as she pronounced her name without that sign of respect.

It was a sign of how close they are.

They were talking about things I'd never thought of running away from in my life, girl talk.

"Oops, sorry, I got off the main topic, sorry."

Mary set her cup of tea down on her plate and then turned to look at me.

"We came for a special reason, because I need your help."

"You were late, what's the help?"

"It involves the marquise, doesn't it?"

"Not exactly."

Mary looked at the Marquise who nodded and stood up to go straight to a nearby door.

"Please come in."

We got up and walked into that room.

I was shocked to see inside.

It was a beautiful gray room which had the blinds closed and the gray color was due to plastic covering every corner and piece of furniture, even the bed was covered by the plastic.

But not in its entirety, the outer part was covered with plastic and the inner part had a cloth with small holes covering it.

The marquise took off her shoes and gave us some sandals to get in after disinfecting us with a spray.

We approached the bed and saw a person resting there.

It was a beautiful girl with short pink hair who was breathing uncomfortably.

"This is my only daughter, Lysithea Lillia Atley."

"She has been so ill for years that she has spent most of her childhood locked up here."

Suddenly tears began to fall to the floor.

"I'm sorry...but I just can't stand to see her like this."

Mary explained what was going on.

"Lisa─ Lysithea has been bedridden for much of her life, she inherited a contagious disease from her father years after he died."

"She has seen almost no daylight and has had to be confined to this room for years now."

"Many doctors have come to analyze her and the diagnosis was always the same, her defenses are low and that's why she's like this."

Mary paused from explaining the situation to me and looked at the Marquise who upon seeing her nodded for some reason.

"The problem is this. A month ago it was detected that her illness has worsened to the point that she has had at least twice a week a cardiac arrest."

"A cardiac arrest twice a week!"

"... Yesterday I found out that she started another one. She had two on the same day, this started to scare me."

Her fist was clenched with intensity as if she wanted to punch someone.

"Lion please. I brought you here because after seeing how you regenerated your body, surely you have a way to do the same to her."

"Impossible."

"Huh?"

I told Mary and the marquise something I would never tell anyone because they might sell it to my enemies.

"My blessing is something that only affects me. In the past I tried to use it to heal someone. But that person perished, it seems that my blood if you try to ingest it will burn you like poison."

"So we won't be able to have a child because they would die?"

"No, no, no."

"I'm talking about direct contact, if someone ingests my blood it would be toxic to that person. The best thing to do is to use another type of medicine."

"Medicine doesn't work on her. It can hardly help her not to spit up blood."

"...I think someone can help us. Give me some time to go find her."

"Who?"

After a while, I returned to the mansion and brought Eliza with me.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Elysium and I am Master's exclusive maid."

"Exclusive maid... uh."

Mary was staring at me, apparently she wanted an answer, I'll give it to her later.

"Eliza, as I told you on the way here, do you think you can heal her?"

I remembered that one function of the magidroid was to be nurses originally, they were created to provide medical assistance.

Eliza walked over to Lysithea and from her hands a strange glow ran down her body.

She slowly reached her hands up to her head and then pulled them back to look at me.

"I have finished the analysis, her condition is serious, in less than a week she could die, can I start treatment?"

Before answering I looked at the marquise, she nodded her head as a sign of affirmation.

"Please."

"Understood."

Various magic circles came out of her hands and she began to scan the sick body.

It was similar to when you get an x-ray, it slowly went all the way down the body to the tips of your toes and back up to the head.

It took her about three minutes to do this and she finished the glow from her hands.

"I'm done with the treatment. I removed all the impurities from her body, destroyed every cancer cell and then repaired the damaged cells."

"Soon she will start vomiting to spit out the remains of the impurities and will last at least four days at that. But after that, she'll be more than cured."

"Really?"

Marquise asked Eliza.

"I can assure you. Your daughter is cured."

"Mmmh..."

A voice that was not ours we heard, came from the bed.

The sick girl slowly opened her eyes.

They were a beautiful navy blue.

"Ma...ma?"

"Lysithea!"

The mother ran to her daughter and hugged her as if she had never thought she would hug her again.

"Mama, what's wrong?"

"Lysithea! Lysithea! Lysithea!"

The mother's cry was so heartwarming that I couldn't help but want to cry too.

"I'm too weak for these moments, that's why I don't like to see them."

"Thank you for the help."

"I'm a hero, it's my duty to help everyone."

I smiled at Mary who entwined her arm in mine, her breasts buried in me.

"By the way, who is that girl?"

"Ah her, well it will take a while to explain."

"I don't mind. I want to hear every detail."

"Why do you sound as if she is unfaithful to you?"

"It's a wife's duty to doubt every beautiful woman her husband meets."

"Hey, that's a dangerous way to think."

"You're...!"

A new mysterious voice came from behind us.

We turned and saw two men standing there.

"Emm, who is he Mary?"

"... Marquis Atley and Baron Lambton."

"The marquis I understand."

Mary for some reason sounded hostile at the mention of his name.

I greeted him at once.

"It is a pleasure to meet you marquis. I am the hero Vandelion and your wife asked for my help in curing your daughter's illness."

"Her illness!?"

"Yes. It is my pleasure to tell you that she is completely cured, in four days she will be able to go back to the way she was before."

"Back to the way she was before!"

"..."

(Why is this man acting like this?)

(It's his daughter and he seems rather frightened about something.)

"Well, you're back...dear."

The marquise stopped crying and turned to her husband, but her tone of voice instead of being gentle as she showed me now was very aggressive.

"...?"

The marquise stared at her husband, who said a few words before leaving immediately.

"I'm glad the child is well. It's good that she's recovering."

"Later you will give me a report of bringing strangers into my house, even if the princess is one of them."

I didn't understand what the hell was going on.

Is it a marital quarrel by any chance?

"I'm sorry about that."

The marquise said.

She came up to me and gave me a very affectionate hug.

"Thank you so much, really thank you so much. Thanks to you my little girl can have a normal life again."

"N-No problem."

I was a little embarrassed because her huge breasts were attached to me.

It was like two huge masses of solid water touching me, it was different from Angely who had two huge heavy meat sacks.

I want to touch them, but I'm not an NTR lover to do so.

But that particular detail bothered me.

"Excuse me marquise I have a question."

"Yes? What do you wish to know?"

Marquise was hugging Eliza, the huge breasts of both of them rubbed against each other, it was a miraculous scene.

"I don't want to intrude on someone else's privacy, but why was your husband acting distant?"

"Shouldn't he be happy that his daughter is safe?"

The marquise wiped away her smile and looked at her daughter as she answered me.

"He is not my husband, his older brother was."

"It was a political marriage and there was no love. But he was a good man and I respected him, it was no surprise to anyone that I ended up falling in love with him."

"The problem came a few years after our only daughter was born. He contracted a strange disease supposedly that is inherited."

"After he died my family forced me to remarry, even if this country has an all-women royal family, and the only people to have middle names are women, men have a stronger weight than you think."

"I married his younger brother, I didn't want to because it would be disrespectful, but I had no choice. I heard rumors that he was a brilliant man who pulled his family through when his heir died."

"Despite being my husband he is still the head of his family. He has part of my family's responsibilities, but I carry more weight than he does."

"The problem is that when I behaved politely with him, he always became distant or treated me badly. That's why I started ignoring him."

"After I did that was when it all started. Lysithea came down with the same illness my husband had, only her symptoms were mild."

The marquise paused and looked at Mary, she nodded and then moved closer to my ear.

"I've had a sneaking suspicion for years that it was he who actually gave that disease to my husband and therefore to my daughter."

"...!"

"I found in his room a strange receipt looking for evidence. It had no details on it except the description of a light poison that cost a lot of money. I hid it from him, no one can find proof of this and they even tell me it may be a joke someone played on me."

"But I know, before he left for work to look for fabrics, he told me something very horrendous."

"We won't see each other again."

"I didn't understand what he meant, but after he left the attack began."

"After he came back he behaved differently with me, saying he was going through a bad time."

"His excuses are perfect. It's no use accusing him, all this just made me see that he is undoubtedly responsible for the death of his brother, my husband and my daughter's illness."

"Mr. Hero, I'm sorry to ask this favor of you, could you help me bring justice?"

There was a lot of information to process, but I can only say this.

(This development is superior to any cheap drama I've ever seen!)

◇◇◇

"Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn!"

Immediately after seeing Lion, the marquis and the baron left the mansion.

The marquis was biting his nails.

"My lord please calm down."

"Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it."

"That meddling son of a bitch is responsible for all this."

"It all went wrong because of him."

"And now he ruins my revenge on my brother and his stupid wife. I wanted her to get careless so I could slowly take over his family and then when his daughter dies she'll collapse and finish her off."

The marquis kicked Lambton to get even with him.

"You fucking meddling scum!"

"It hurts!"

The Marquis' anger wouldn't go down, he was so annoyed that he walked outside the mansion's boundaries alone.

"Very well, I must act as soon as possible. Step by step I will solve my problems."

"Yes. I'll use them, it really is the best option."

"I'll stay at home and have them, the assassin's guild, take care of eliminating that kind of natural causes."

"No scum will take away my happiness!"

Lion unwittingly gained a new enemy, the marquis's claws on his neck finally opened.

2