Adventure 15 ─ Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
27 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am pleased to inform you that we are finally in the middle of the arc.

This volume seems short, but it is actually longer since I have cut scenes.

Without a doubt this is the volume that I'm not getting as much as I had planned in the draft, but I'm not complaining because at least I have the parts I can take out.

As a sad disclaimer that I'm ashamed to admit, I had to make an update in the character design, something I've never done.

Well, I replaced Boyle who has almost no relevance at all with Griff who has more weight in the arc.

Sorry about that, I didn't want to put it at first because it was too much of a spoiler, but now that I realize it as I write, it's really dumb to have made that change, that's why I already corrected it in the character listing so you can go check it out.

Griff's design totally canon, I hope to use him again in some other novel.

https://anilist.co/character/219960/Soue-Nakiri

I hope you liked the chapter title reference XD.

An unexpected event happened, I really couldn't foresee it.

The girl who tried to murder me was crying.

She was crying like she was a little girl!

This is unreal!

I had no idea what to do in this situation, I looked at Eliza to ask her what to do.

"We should beat her to make her stop squealing. After extracting the information you need master, you can abuse her."

"She's a good specimen I could analyze. Go on, fertilize her womb without any mercy."

(Why would you say something as horrendous as that!)

(Aren't you a woman too?)

"I'm not a woman, I'm a magidroid. My body is based on the female genome, but I am neither human nor a woman, therefore, I am not interested in anything other than the master."

(Scary!)

(I was just scared by this answer more than the above!)

(You can even read minds!)

"I can't read minds, that's what he must think in part. I simply deduce what you think in view of analyzing our conversation."

(That's even scarier!)

I made a horrified expression as I watched this girl say terrifying things.

"Lion-kun! What's wrong? We heard a loud sound coming from here!"

Alice entered the room along with some guards.

Any moment now she will see the...

"Kyah! Why are corpses here?!"

Forget it.

"I get it, with that happened to you, it's so sad."

After calming Alice who was screaming at the sight of the corpses on the floor, I took her and the cat girl to another room after ordering the guards to clean up.

I explained what happened and she said with a cute "I see. They are the bad guys, I understand." This girl is simple to convince, that's good and bad.

After calming her down I went to the cat girl whom I threatened to tell me everything, she said.

"It's no use for you to threaten me. Anyway, both you and I are dead."

"If you want to know I'll tell you, I'll tell you everything."

She started with her name which is Estelle.

She told us about her past and how she came to be part of the assassin's guild named from a video game.

She told us that Marquis Atley was responsible for hiring her to kill me, thanks to that we know he is my enemy.

We had no evidence other than the word of an assassin, it may be a world of magic and swords, but they are not assholes to believe a criminal to accuse someone without evidence.

The next thing she said left me deep in thought.

"Now that I've divulged client information, it's only a matter of time before they find out I failed and come to kill me."

"Who's coming to kill you? Your boss?"

"No. He has his trusty dogs to take care of troublemakers like me."

"The Dark Triad they are called."

"They're the three best assassins in the guild and the three strongest the boss could select."

"It's only a matter of time before they find out and come for my head and yours in compensation."

I see, now it makes sense.

What I did was this.

I used my hands and gave her cheeks a light smack.

"...!"

She didn't understand what I did, I simply wanted to annoy her.

I made my best face to annoy someone.

"You're an idiot aren't you?"

"You're such an idiot. Idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot kitten."

"Huh?"

She said as her pink cheeks were stretched, they're very soft.

"Who cares if an evil organization like assassins come looking for me, I'm more than used to it."

I looked at Alice so she wouldn't think anything weird.

"I'm saying that because they were bandits!"

"It would be weird for someone to fight hidden criminal organizations like it's a normal thing hehehe."

Again I focused on Estelle.

"Answer me, your boss where is he?"

"The main headquarters doesn't exist, but it changes branches every so often. This time it is in the city where the marquis went to find me."

"Good, we'll go to that place early tomorrow morning to finish off your boss."

"Tomorrow!"

Said the three girls present.

It seemed odd to me to react like that.

"Sure, or do you think someone would go out in the middle of the night to attack someone who doesn't know where they are?"

"It's better to rest now and I'll take care of all that tomorrow."

"Master, I admire your arrogance to solve a problem as selflessly as it is to preserve your life."

"Don't say it like that when I really want to sleep and process all this in the morning."

After lecturing Eliza, I said to Alice.

"What do we do with her, do we put her in prison?"

Alice glared at Estelle.

"I won't run away if that's the question."

Replied the person who would be sent to the prison to sleep.

"They will look for me, no matter where I am, they always win. It is useless to buy time and we are left with only accepting reality or committing suicide to avoid fear."

"I decided, you will go to sleep with me."

"You didn't hear what I said!"

"Of course I did, but it's just that... I felt so sorry for your story."

"...!?"

"I can understand how hard it was for you, that's why you made bad choices in your life."

"I'm no one to tell you, but revenge doesn't give anything good in the end."

"...Or so the novels I read say."

I listened as Alice quietly commented something that took the weight out of her words.

If she wants to sleep with Estelle, well she'd better have insurance.

"Eliza, please take care of Alice since Estelle will be sleeping with her anyway."

"Are you all deaf!"

"Understood. Good night master."

"Listen when someone speaks to you!"

"Hehehe, I haven't slept with anyone in bed for a long time, Louise doesn't want to anymore because she says I don't let her sleep because I hug too tight."

The two grabbed Estelle and carried her away arresting her by her arms.

"Noooooo! Don't you understand that I'm an assassin! I'm a criminal!"

"What is wrong with these people with distorted common sense!"

I don't understand how these girls think too, but it's best to ignore this and go to sleep.

Good night.

◇◇◇

A new morning came and Alice went to have tea with a certain someone.

"I'm glad you can finally get up and have tea with me like we used to go out to do when we were little girls."

"Same here, Princess Alice."

"Don't call me princess Lisa-chan, we're friends."

"In that case, Alice-chan, I'm happy to have you here."

Alice was having tea with Lysithea─ Lisa.

At the young age of 6 years old was when they stopped having tea parties because of Lisa's illness.

Four days have passed and finally Lisa can get up and move her muscles.

"My mom wouldn't even let go of me to go to the bathroom, I'm glad to have some alone time with you."

"Hehehe, I like having time with my friend too, I have so much to tell you!"

"I'd love to hear it...although I'd like to know who that person is first."

Lisa pointed to the person standing next to Louise, it was Estelle.

"I'd like to know what I'm doing here too."

"Not to mention that you're taking it easy."

"Ah, this is Estelle-chan... let's say she's a subordinate of Lion-kun."

"I'm not a subordinate!"

"Shh. Subordinates don't talk."

"Why don't you say something either in the face of that girl's weird way of thinking? You're all out of your minds!"

Ignoring Estelle's shouts, Lisa asked.

"Alice-chan, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"It's something that concerns about that person, that Lion-sama."

Lisa's cheeks were red as a tomato.

"My mother told me that it is thanks to him that I was cured. I would like if possible for you to hold a meeting between him and me so that I can thank him properly."

"Of course, if he refuses because he is busy I would understand!"

Seeing her friend's awkwardness, Alice thought as she covered her mouth.

(Don't tell me this is...)

(A romantic development of an unexpected love!)

(I read it once or twice in my novels. A sick girl who recovers from a mysterious illness by the kiss of her true love. Although there was no kiss here, but no doubt there is a genuine maiden in love.)

"This is good."

Alice said after crossing her fingers in a Machiavellian manner.

"Tell me Lisa-chan, what do you know about him?"

"Huh! Well... all I know is what my mother told me."

"The capital was in danger and he saved us. And that he saved you girls."

"Umu. You're right, but you don't know this... it's kind of secret."

"You see..."

Alice told her a certain detail that no one else knew but the royal family, so this was secret.

"You really are going to be their wives!"

"Don't raise your voice. But it's like you say, we'll get married in the future, the engagement won't come yet because mom is busy and can't coordinate a date."

"I see. You will be engaged."

Lisa seemed depressed to hear that news, Alice looked at Louise and she nodded, while Estelle didn't understand why they were looking at her.

Alice turned to her friend again.

"Lisa-chan, would you like to hear what I have to say?"

"It's something you'd like."

Alice's wicked smile was shown on that cute face.

"I see. So it's happened."

I was meeting with Marquise Shirley telling her what happened.

She heard how her new husband is responsible for wanting to kill me.

"I'm not honestly surprised by that."

"I am. I have never done anything to him and he seeks to kill me, I'm very spiteful you know?"

"I will not let this event pass."

"I can't tell you Mr. Hero not to take revenge, that's your right. But I ask you please don't harm my family because of that man."

"Don't worry ma'am. He is the only one guilty, you will not see any punishment, but I need to go get the evidence to prosecute him."

If I get to kill him without any evidence, it will be on record for everyone that I am a murderer who kills someone on suspicion of attempted murder.

People would see me in a bad light and this time my hero image is clean and I don't want that title dirty, to also be that a black hero for crimes committed.

She took my hand.

"I am really glad that you are a very compassionate young man for someone your age."

"I am really very glad that you are a very mature young man, especially that it is natural for any noble that if someone tries to harm you, you see natural in destroying their family no matter if they are guilty or not."

"You really are someone unique in what I have been living. I would certainly like to have a son-in-law like you to take care of my daughter and me."

Her hands were soft, it was not unpleasant feeling, but most of all her words had no dark intention.

She wanted me to mess with her daughter.

How should I take this?

My goddess said to look for a harem to have, how would I do it?

I'm not a trashy man who sees a pretty girl and says "Oh, look at that cutie. I want to have children with her."

I'm not the kind of man who says that, I'd like to be someone like that and say "Don't worry, I'll make your daughter happy and you too, I'll make them mine!".

I would love to be like that but I am not confident enough to be a harem master.

"Master, let me tell you something."

Eliza who was with me suddenly whispered something to me.

"What is it?"

I asked her as she looked very needy to tell me something important.

"I can detect how this woman's female hormones are altering. That is, she sees you as a good reproductive specimen."

"I-is that so?"

"Without a doubt. I can detect that she is fertile, please feel free to use her to sow your seeds."

"Why are you so insistent that I seek out women and impregnate them?"

"Are you perhaps the reincarnation Genghis Khan and you want me to have children all over the planet?"

"That doesn't sound bad. Come on master, impregnate that middle-aged womb."

"No doubt something inside you is broken!"

*Touch*

"My lady, I am sorry to interrupt you in your meeting, but I must inform you that the master has returned."

She withdrew her hand quickly from mine.

"I see."

She looked up at me with a sad face.

"I'm very sorry Lion-kun, it looks like we'll have this conversation another time."

"D-Don't worry about it."

I stood up to get out of here.

"I'll go gather the evidence to imprison your fake husband. Just wait quietly."

"Fufufu, don't worry. When you return I'll be sure to have you in addition to a well-deserved reward, a juicy surprise."

"... Huh?"

(Why aren't the women in this place clear with what they hint at?)

I said goodbye to her and went down the stairs.

On the first floor I met the marquis and his footman.

I greeted them, they did not.

I told him so that he would not suspect anything unusual.

"I came to deliver a report of my investigation."

"Research?"

"Yes. Yesterday I found some evidence of the reason why Miss Lysithea was ill. It turns out that she was being poisoned bit by bit by an intruder. Don't you find that horrible?"

I'm confessing a bit of truth to him with excuses.

It will put him on his toes, but that will make him look suspicious no doubt.

I said goodbye and told him.

"The intruder was eliminated, don't worry."

I turned around and told him.

"I'll make sure that varmint doesn't get away with it."

I smiled at him and closed the door.

Standing outside the house, I remarked to Eliza.

"Now that we have made our threat clear. We should proceed to go to where those idiots are."

I sighed in discomfort.

"I'm getting really stressed out. Sure, it's better this than the situation last time where I had three days to solve all that trouble."

"The master seems to get into a lot of trouble. Could it be a disease?"

"Could it be masochism? Do you like S&M?"

"I can do both roles. Repulsive grotesque pig!"

"You're scaring me, you know! Your personality change is so radical!"

"You go from being a kuudere to a dominatrix in seconds! Any minute now you'll become a yandere and I'll have to sleep with one eye open every night!"

"Understood, master likes yandere. I will become the best yandere has ever known kukuku."

"Please don't change your personality anymore, I'm getting scared!"

"All kidding aside."

"Was that a joke!?"

"It's really important to me that the master has his seed spread with many women."

You ignored me.

She ignored me.

Responding to what she said.

"I told you that my goddess commissioned me to have a harem. My problem is that I'm not exactly a ladies' man to do that."

"I consider the master to be very attractive to women. On our way to this mansion, I watched as several women looked at master as their hormones were upset."

"Ah, yeah..."

"If the master sets his mind to it, he can impregnate any woman. Don't hesitate, just do it."

"Why do you seem like you want to turn me into the kind of man who would get any woman pregnant?"

"I'm the kind of man who would like more than anything to have a family."

"Master can have a family just by impregnating multiple women. Stop with the excuses and get them pregnant."

"You really have a serious problem here with that!"

After arriving at the gates of the wall, I found besides Estelle Alice.

"Alice. what are you doing here?"

"I couldn't let you go alone."

"No, no, no. We're going to a dangerous place, I can't let a non-combatant go. Besides, you're one of my future fiancées."

She rubbed her head as if it was a compliment.

"Hehe, I'm glad you care so much about me. but you see, the place they're going to is Sekt, isn't it?"

"Do you know what place it is?"

"No. But it must be a sleazy place surely."

"Wrong!"

She said with a ping pong type sound.

"Sekt is not that. Its full name is the 'City of Expensive Prices' also known as 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' a city where money rules and you can't get in unless you're an important noble, a prestigious merchant or in my case... part of a royal family!"

"Really!"

I looked at Estelle and she guessed what I meant.

"She's not lying. It really is as she says."

"Then how did you get out of that place?"

"The city is guarded by the assassin's guild. They know who goes in and who comes out, we can only go out at night so as not to tarnish the reputation of the place."

"Then they know who enters your city, don't they?"

"That's right. That's why I told you it's useless for you to go. You will only lose your lives."

I looked at Eliza and she said.

"If entering requires the presence of someone important like Alice-sama, we would need to disguise Estelle-sama as well so she won't be recognized."

"Probably even in disguise she will be recognized."

"See? I told you it's useless to do so."

"But we'll still go, right, master?"

"Of course."

"Are you idiots!"

Estelle got really upset for us.

She's supposed to be an assassin and show a human side that assassins would never show.

"Your concern for us makes my distrust of you go way down. Well done."

"I'm not looking for praise!"

"They're going into the worst place in the world. It's not a place where you can get out alive."

I looked at Alice who answered me with her smile.

"I guess my plan will have a slight change."

"Eliza you will protect Alice at all costs, same to Estelle."

"I would hate to part ways with the master, but it is an order from you, so I will gladly comply."

"You really are some..."

We all got into the carriage and I will be the one to drive it so as not to endanger the driver.

"Alright, Eliza change Estelle's clothes, Alice tell me which way to go."

"Ok~."

"These guys really are...idiots!"

That was how we framed ourselves to end this once and for all.

◇◇◇

Straight after Lion left, Marquis Atley ran into a private room.

"Stand guard!"

" A-At the command."

He didn't care anymore that he was suspicious, he didn't want anyone to know what he was going to do.

In this world, there is a certain item that is only used in emergencies.

A magic mirror.

Magic mirrors are similar to cordless phones.

With the difference being that they consume a lot of magic power from the magic stones they use to operate.

"Answer quickly."

I was calling a certain person.

To connect to some person, one must mention that person's name and the place where he is, only then does this magic mirror work.

The marquis' reflection changed to that of a mysterious man inside a dimly lit room.

"May I know why a customer is calling me?"

"I'm so sorry! President Steiner, but we're in trouble!"

"... We're in trouble?"

The man, Griff positioned his glasses in discomfort.

"Can you inform me why we are in distress, dear customer?"

"I hired the services of one of your dogs and that dog divulged information about you and me!"

"We're both in trouble! It's the same person who defeated to Dixgard!"

"... Give me all the information of what happened and who you hired."

As the marquis spoke, he didn't notice that in the office he was in, he connected to an adjoining room that was not locked.

"I see. Thank you for the announcement, we will take action quickly, I suggest you stay there."

"Excuse me? Shouldn't I leave to avoid any punishment I get?"

"Why would I want you to leave? It's annoying for us to punish you too."

"You'll punish me too!"

"Of course. If the client divulges information or acts very suspicious in an investigation, it is natural for us to deal with that person."

"Have a nice day."

Griff cut the call short and Marquis Atley bit his fingers.

"Damn, I blew it. I must escape."

"I must get away from those guys at all costs."

He muttered without realizing that someone was listening to what he was saying.

◇◇◇

"Have a nice day."

Griff cutting the call short sighed in disappointment.

"I guess news travels fast."

"You heard, it looks like Estelle has really gotten us into some huge trouble."

"There's no choice but to get rid of her."

"It's a shame, she was a cute pet."

A huge bloodlust emanated from him.

"Take care of Estelle and the others involved. Go, my Dark Triad."

Three mysterious figures disappeared after mentioning their names.

Griff touched the strange watch he was wearing.

"It's really irritating that there are inept people around me, but that's the job of a company president."

Kuudere: Someone "aloof" from his/her feelings, doesn't make them known or show them.

Yandere: A person with a sweet and pleasant personality on the outside, but hostile and aggressive on the inside.

This time the fanservice is Eliza's.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/6174639

How's the magical android waifu turning out?

My brain still doesn't see her as a way to vent my desire to have an Ixion waifu.

*A floating ball points a gun at her for talking too much*

2