Chapter 19 – Visiting the Zoo
2.5k 7 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

’This stupid dog looking down on the cats!’ Queen jumped out of Klaye’s hands. She ran to the bar and looked at the tiger. ’Good boy, look into my eyes. Look into my eyes!’

Klaye was speechless. He didn’t know what to do with these two children.

After the eye contact, the tiger was controlled by Queen. He stood up and fought differently. His skills became almost perfect. He forced Stupy to step back again and again.

Everyone watched it with open mouth. They couldn’t believe he became such a good hunter.

Stupy’s leg slipped and the tiger caught him. He was hit hard and flew some meters.

’Hehehe! Stupid dog! You got what you deserve!’ Queen jumped around happily.

„Queen!” Klaye shouted and looked at her with narrowed eyes. „What did I tell you?”

’Fck!’ Queen jumped from fright and ended the mind control. ’I... I was just too excited! I didn’t do it on purpose!’

„We’ll speak about it once we went back.”

Klaye ran away to see the stupid wolf. He wanted to punish Queen, but he was more afraid if something happened with Stupy the city would be in danger.

Egbert was shocked and watched the cat. Vincent told him to be wary with her, but he never thought her ability would be so frightening. Didn’t the workers said no one in the city was able to control or tame the tiger? And with such a strong ability why is she so afraid of Klaye?

Egbert shook his head and ran after Klaye. He didn’t need to think about these things. He would report everything to Vincent and let him think about it. Right now his job was to take care of Klaye.

When Klaye went into the cage he saw Stupy excitedly running around the unconscious tiger. He was so energetic as if the one who was hit before wasn’t him. Klaye watched him and he was sure there wasn’t any injury. He facepalmed and sighed. He was afraid, he would die from fright earlier than these two stupid pets have anything.

The workers came in too and stood around the tiger.

„What to do?”

„We can kill it now, but...”

„Wasn’t it controlled?”

They were confused and didn’t know what to do.

Egbert walked over to them. „The city owner can come back anytime. It had some serious injuries, so it can’t move in the next 2-3 days. Just close it up!”

Some of them were angered because of his words, but one of them recognized him and stood in front of the others. He promised to follow his idea and felt with the workers.

Stupy barked a lot, but the tiger didn’t respond. He was disappointed and sat down. He looked at the tiger’s paw and patted it. After a while, he kicked it, then turned it and watched it with interest.

Klaye wanted to go over and stop him but stopped. He couldn’t believe what he saw.

Stupy lifted his paw and it turned into a cat’s paw. He released and pulled back his nails. The more he looked at it, the more satisfied he felt. He scratched the ground, then went around and scratched everything he could see. When he cut through even the enhanced bar he was overexcited and yowled.

Egbert stood next to Klaye. His face was a little pale. „Don’t tell me... when he saw something strong he only copies that part of the body?!”

„It seems.” Klaye looked at him. He could understand what he was thinking about. The crocodile’s strong jaw, the elephant’s long nose... It was the worst choice to bring him into the Zoo. He couldn’t imagine how he would look once he saw everything...

„Let’s go back?” Egbert hesitantly asked.

Klaye nodded and went to persuade Stupy. Gladly he was too happy with his new nails and wanted to show it to his lover, so it was easy to send him out of the city.

Klaye stood at the gate and watched the two wolves disappeared into the forest. He stroked Queen’s head in his arms. „So what to do with you?”

Queen was depressed. She never thought she would envy that stupid dog. He caused so much trouble and easily ran away. Why was she the only one who needed to be punished?!

Klaye sat back into the car. „Let’s send home Suzana.”

Egbert nodded and stepped on the accelerator.

Suzana was unhappy. She finally was able to go to the Zoo, yet before she could look around they came back. She wanted to stay behind, but Klaye insisted on bringing her home. She knew that Klaye felt responsible for her, so he wouldn’t calm down until she was sent home.

She accepted her fate but forced him to promise they would go there again in the future.

Klaye promised her and sighed when she disappeared behind the door. He walked back to the car but saw that Egbert’s face wasn’t good.

„What happened?” Klaye saw him took away his phone.

The city had its own network, so they could use some special phones to call and send messages.

Egbert didn’t answer. They hurried back.

Klaye got the answer before they reached the villa. He saw some familiar cars parking on the side of the road. Vincent’s team came back and they’re attacked. Almost everyone had some bruises and injuries on their body.

Klaye bit his lips. He knew some of them had a really good ability, yet they ended up so miserably. He just hoped the casualties weren’t too big.

There were too many cars around the villa, so they stopped a little farther away and walked over. Seeing the dried blood on the men’s clothes, Klaye felt sick. His face was pale, but he tried his best to adjust his consciousness and became used to it. He stopped when he saw fresh blood on the floor in front of the villa.

Egbert’s face wasn’t good and he ran inside. Klaye took some big breath and followed him.

In the hall, some badly injured people were placed on the floor. Vincent and the others stood a little farther away and spoke about something. Even their clothes were damaged and dirty.

Klaye patted Queen’s head. „We speak later. Go back to my room!” he placed her on the floor.

Queen nodded and ran way. She understood she was in the way.

Klaye sighed and walked over to see the injured. All of them were bitten by zombies and some of them were in bad condition. Klaye knew that it was the best time to show his ability, but he didn’t know who to save. His eyes suddenly stopped on a familiar face.

The little servant, Roe’s body was bandaged on a lot of places. He had a lot of injuries and his condition was the worst.

Klaye stood next to him and watched his white face. He remembered his happy smile and chose to save him. He looked around and tried to find something sharp to cut his finger. He saw a broken glass on the floor and grasped it.

He didn’t realize, in the eyes of others, his behavior seemed like he wanted to do something bad.

„WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!” Vincent roared.

Klaye’s body jolted and shivered. He slowly turned his head. He saw Vincent looked at him with bloody eyes. He was extremely angry and rushed over to him.

Klaye opened his mouth to say something, but he trembled too much and he couldn’t speak. He dropped the glass on the floor.

Vincent grabbed him and throw him on his shoulder. „I leave the other things to you.” he said to Lex and ran up on the stairs.

Klaye couldn’t reach until he was thrown down on a bed. He was so frightened, he didn’t even dare to look around.

„Stay here!” Vincent pointed at him with his index finger, then went into the bathroom.

Klaye heard the water running and slowly looked around. It was Vincent’s room. He tried to sit up, but his body shivered too much. He took some deep breath and tried to calm down a little.

He thought back to what happened in the hall and realized his behavior was suspicious. Vincent misunderstood him and thought that he wanted to kill Roe.

Being bitten by a zombie didn’t mean death every time. It had a little chance, but it was possible to survive. The patient needed to have a strong will and a higher level ability than the zombie. It had a ten percent surviving rate.

Later the researchers studied Klaye’s flesh and blood and developed a medicine that could raise this chance. Compared to his blood it wasn’t that good. It only had a fifty percent surviving rate, but it was useful to everyone.

Klaye was sure if the institution wasn’t destroyed, then they could develop a better medicine.

But now this didn’t matter. Klaye needed to find out how to make Vincent believe he wanted to help Roe and didn’t hurt him. He grabbed his hair and frowned. He was taken away before he could use his power. His power was so special, he wasn’t sure if Vincent would believe it if he just said it.

After some minutes, Vincent came out from the bathroom in a bathrobe. He placed a chair next to the bed and sat down.

Klaye hugged his legs and looked up. He saw the water drops slowly flowing down on Vincent’s chest and he suddenly felt thirsty. He realized his thought went on the wrong way and shook his head.

Vincent narrowed his eyes. „So did you find out what you did wrong?”

70