Chapter 27 – Changed fates
1.8k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vincent was deep in thought. He didn’t remember about the name, but he heard some gossips about a zombie who wore a white cloak. He occupied a city and didn’t let the zombies under him attack humans. They protected the city and the survivors in it.

Some ability users were skeptical. They believed the zombie king wanted to get their trust and kill them all when they lowered their vigilance. Later, they realized it was a paradise for them. The zombies couldn’t attack them, so they could easily hunt. After some months, the whole city was destroyed...

„So that city was his work!” Vincent laughed. „Knowing his personality, it’s really his style. I can’t imagine how hard it was for him to stop his bloodthirsty personality...”

„Now, he is alive and can live a better life.” Klaye smiled. The character in the book he felt the closest to himself was Dedra. They shared the same fate, so he hoped they could be friends.

„You are right, but...” Vincent furrowed his brows. „If I remember right, he stopped a zombie outbreak... That place is pretty far from here, but the survivors there will pay a big price without his help.”

Klaye shook his head. „They just get what they deserved. Dedra protected them, yet they killed all the zombies under his control. And later, they even cursed him because he didn’t control the new zombies... In the end, he stopped the zombies and helped the survivors to run away. And as payback, they sold his information to the military, and he ended up as an experimental subject...”

Vincent sighed. „Right... I never thought when I chose to build this city I’d end up changing so many things.”

„You did nothing wrong! Just think about it as that safe city’s place changed...”

Vincent interrupted him. „The city of the animals... The forest of the wolves...” he looked into Klaye’s eyes. „Not to mention your fate! Even if they couldn’t develop a useful medicine, they used your blood and flesh to save hundreds of lives... They were the members of the troops under the king...”

Klaye was stunned. He didn’t know the institution was under the king’s hand... But the book mentioned that, Vincent left the country after he destroyed it. Maybe he needed to run away...

Vincent saw his absentminded appearance and felt funny. He leaned over and kissed him. „Don’t think too much about it. They were reckless because they had that ’medicine’. Now they’ll think three times before they do anything.”

Klaye nodded and turned away. His ears were a little red. He couldn’t become used to Vincent’s sudden attacks.

On the rest of the road, they didn’t speak more. Klaye looked out of the window and thought about the things Vincent mentioned.

The forest of the wolves... He never thought that place was so close to them. In the book, it was the most dangerous place. Even the survivors joked with it. If they could choose, they wished to meet with a zombie king than to run into the leader of the wolves... He was more bloodthirsty than any other evolved animals and appeared as the last boss in the book...

Klaye remembered the wolf he saw and couldn’t imagine he was so terrible... And Stupy... Such a funny character, it was impossible for him to forget. Maybe something happened to him? He wasn’t that strong and liked to play around. It was possible to be hunted down by some ability users...

And the city of the animals... It was a forbidden place for humans. The evolved animals worked together and protected the others without power. Even if they weren’t strong, they had a capable leader who commanded them. They easily won against smaller groups. They understood that if they killed too many humans, they would send bigger teams and destroy their homes. Yet they miscalculated. The humans, who were sick of killing zombies, chose to attack their city. Someone even released a bounty for the head of their leader. The reward was too good. Even if it was shared, it was enough. The greedy team leaders worked together and within a week, they killed the animals’ leader...

Klaye thought about it. A capable animal who could control hundreds... He wanted to meet with him! But why did Vincent mentioned it?

Klaye was shocked. „Don’t tell me... Queen! The animals’ leader was Queen?!”

Vincent was stunned and looked at him. „I thought that you knew it. And that’s why you take her back.”

„... No... I just saw that her intelligence was higher than the other evolved animals, and I wanted to test her...”

Vincent was amused. „But you have good luck. You didn’t just take home as a pet the leader of those animals, but you are playing with that wolf’s lover.”

„I don’t think. It was your followers who captured them. Even if I wasn’t there, someone would realize they were unique.”

Vincent didn’t like his answer and patted his head. „Don’t look down on yourself!”

Klaye nodded and realized something wasn’t right. The car stopped some time before. They’re back. His face turned red, and he jumped out of the car. He couldn’t believe Vincent didn’t remind him but waited patiently.

He ran to the elevator while thinking. It wasn’t that he looked down on himself, but he was used to getting the worst cards. Now suddenly some of them turned into jokers... he couldn’t adapt.

They stepped into the elevator and went up.

„What about Gardena? Didn’t they go with you guys?” Klaye finally remembered the things he wanted to ask the most.

„Oh, they ran away.” Vincent shook his head. „Originally, I created a trap for them, but she had more pawns than I thought. They were prepared and pulled some high level zombies to attack us... I completely lost their traces... I wanted to go after them, but I couldn’t leave behind the injured and infected ones. They needed treatment as fast as possible.”

Klaye was stunned. They came back after a long time, but the injuries were caused recently. So they were attacked on the same day...

Vincent saw his confusion and told him his plan. He left in a hurry with the team, but some trustworthy followers stayed behind. They prepared the trap and waited for their return. He wanted to use this to make sure Gardena couldn’t get any news... Even now, he couldn’t find out how they communicated when their phone didn’t work if they were farther than 100 kilometers from the city... The trap was prepared on a farm, around 250 kilometers from here... And they were ambushed 150 kilometers before the farm...

There were some special phones that they could use outside, but its range was only 50 kilometers. Vincent could only think about some kind of special ability...

Klaye thought about it too. The book mentioned a lot of abilities, but he didn’t remember anything related to communication.

„Ah!” Klaye’s eyes suddenly widened. There was one, but... „It isn’t a special ability! It’s thunder! Someone learned to use the electricity to enhance the signals!”

„That’s possible.” Vincent took out his phone and called someone, but it never connected. After 3 minutes, Vincent narrowed his eyes. „What the hell is he doing?”

Suddenly Howard sneezed, but he didn’t let go of Edward’s waist. He smiled happily. „Witch little beauty missing me?”

Edward looked at him with a dark face. „You’re disgusting!”

Vincent and Klaye were back to the villa. They walked on a different road and stopped in front of a door.

Klaye questioningly looked at Vincent, but the man only smiled and opened the door.

In the room, there were some beds, and the injured lay on them.

Klaye’s eyes lit up when he saw Roe. His face was pale and sickly, but he had the strength to sip up and speak with the others. He walked in and greeted him happily.

Vincent didn’t go in. He stood at the door and watched them. His facial features softened. It was easy to see how much he loved the man in front of him.

The other patients were stunned when they saw this. They never thought their boss would change so much. They looked at Klaye and swore. They would do anything to make up for their previous bad behavior. Even if he didn’t have an ability, he was the new lover of their boss. They needed to please him to save their life!

Klaye didn’t realize the people’s eyes around him changed drastically. Even if he saw it, he wouldn’t care. He asked about Roe’s wellbeing, then left with Vincent. It was already late, and they weren’t that familiar.

He didn’t know, after they left, Roe was questioned about their relationship...

In the hall, they heard a meow. Before Klaye could reach, a soft, little thing landed in his arms.

„Queen! Good evening!” he surprisedly looked at the cat.

‘Good... Good my ass! Where the hell did you go?!’ she was angry.

Klaye opened his mouth to answer, but loud barking interrupted him.

Stupy happily ran around him and wagged his tail. He was so happy to see him again. After a while, he stopped and realized something wasn’t right. He felt a different scent on Klaye’s body.

He suddenly poked his nose between Klaye’s legs and sniffed.

„Kya!” Klaye cried out. His eyes widened and couldn’t believe what this stupid dog did!

Stupy was stunned and stepped back. He looked at Vincent with admiration in his eyes.

Lex came after the animals and saw everything. He couldn’t stand it and laughed out loud.

Vincent smiled proudly when he saw Klaye’s face turned deep red.

Some noises sounded, and they noticed there were others.

Klaye couldn’t stand it anymore. He threw Queen into Lex’s hands and ran up to his room. He felt too ashamed. He wanted to die!

45