Chapter 46 – Their future
1.5k 0 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the summer, Vincent sent teams to other cities and sold the antidote and other medicines to them. For more benefits, they chose to cooperate with them, and they sent a team over every month. They shared information and helped the little bases too. Sometimes, when these teams came back, they were followed by a lot of survivors. They chose to abandon their bases and join the big cities. It caused problems for some places, but Future city had its underground city. It was developed a lot during the winter and became populated in no time. The new residents gladly helped to build more houses.

Before the year ended, the news reached the king, and he sent over his best team. When they saw Future city, they weren’t surprised. Because Vincent warned the king about the virus, the king’s city wasn’t damaged. That place was in better condition than Future city. Because of it, they just took the antidote and didn’t cause any problems. They weren’t even interested in Klaye’s ability.

After the team left, Klaye felt unbelievable. Compared to the book, he was forgotten too easily. He slowly calmed down and awakened the healing ability. It surprised everyone, but it wasn’t a useful power for them. He had an easy life and watched the city developing slowly.

15 years later, Klaye was pregnant again. He was treated like a fragile flower, and he anxiously watched his growing belly every day. He couldn’t put down his heart until he hugged his newborn son. That moment, he felt so satisfied, he begged Vincent to have more. So in the following 2 years, they had another son and a daughter...

***

Dedra stayed in his lab, and later, he gave birth to a healthy boy. Vincent modified some rooms and let him stay there, next to his laboratory. Dedra started to teach his son early. He inherited his father’s good brain and learned to read and write at the age of 3. To everyone surprise, the child never asked about his other father. He believed it was Pire but followed his father’s wish and called him uncle.

5 years later, Dedra met with a soldier he saved before. The man had some feeling for him, and they started to date. Pire didn’t understand his feeling towards Dedra. Sometimes he felt that he wanted to eat him, but it happened a lot of times when he saw a human. He thought it was the same, but every time when he felt that man’s smell on Dedra, his impatience grew. Until one day he lost his self-control, threw Dedra on the bed, and let his whole body inside and outside had his smell. He didn’t know he was jealous. He didn’t know what he did was called sex. He just saw it somewhere and felt that he wanted to do this.

After the first time, it was easier to do it again. Later, Pire didn’t even care if he felt that man’s smell or not. They just did it every night. When he woke up, he felt guilty, but he couldn’t stop himself. He wanted Dedra. He never realized he wasn’t as strong as the doctor. If Dedra wanted to stop him, he couldn’t do anything. He felt bad and knew he couldn’t continue this. So the day he knew Dedra was pregnant, he left Future city...

It made Dedra extremely angry. He knew about Pire’s feelings, but that stupid zombie never took the first step. Even if he gave him hints, he just stupidly watched him. He didn’t know what to do, but then he met with that soldier. He used him to get what he wanted. After he finally succeeded and everything went well, that bastard left him with his child in his stomach. He was so angry he wanted to explode.

For a whole month, they played tag. During this time, Dedra calmed down and analyzed how to teach that zombie. When he captured him, he spent days to teach him. Pire slowly understood what his feelings mean and learned Dedra felt the same way too. But he only cared about the child. It was his! It made him so happy he didn’t mind anything else.

They went back and stayed together for the rest of their life. Dedra gave birth to twin boys and said he didn’t mind having more children. Pire accepted the job and worked hard. Later they had 6 daughters and 4 boys...

***

Egbert wasn’t that lucky as them. His body didn’t change. He treated the other’s children as his own and watched them grow up. He was happy with this kind of life, but Lex hoped to have his own child. His wish came true when they were almost 60 years old. Egbert finally was pregnant with a girl. She was their one and only child because Egbert didn’t want more...

***

Dedra’s foresight came true. 60 years after the virus’s outbreak, the animals’ body shapes were more humanoid. They learned to speak, and the strongest ones completely transformed. They weren’t different than other humans and hid between them.

As one of the strongest animals, Queen was destined to transform early, yet there wasn’t any difference in her appearance. She loved to be a lazy cat and enjoyed the other’s care. She helped to find the transformed animals and turned them into the member of her ’harem’. She let them pamper her and lived an easy life.

Sometimes Stupy came over and made fun of her. But he had a lot of children and needed to look after them. He and the other wolves were proud of their appearance and didn’t change it. Some of them learned to speak the human language, but most of the time, they didn’t leave the forest.

The plants’ changes weren’t that easy to find. They still loved to pose as ordinary plants and never left their places. Dedra once guessed that maybe it was because of their simple mind. They were used to live in one place and never were interested in the outside world...

***

Years later, Dedra found a way to help the zombies develop faster. Once they reached a certain level and knowledge, they stopped eating human flesh. Some of them even were able to remember things that happened to them when they were humans. Dedra sent them out to find the other zombie kings and let them build a city together. He controlled them from the dark and the zombies’ attack against the cities rapidly decreased...

Klaye watched his children grew up, and his grandchildren were born. He couldn’t believe he spent so many years in the same world. Yet when he was more than 250 years old, he still felt that it was short. He wanted to spend more time with his friends and family. He felt envious when he saw Dedra’s appearance didn’t change after so many years. His lifespan was longer than anyone else.

They worked hard all their life, yet the world wasn’t peaceful. Klaye looked at his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren... and sighed. Originally he thought that when Vincent died 2 years before, he wouldn’t be able to live without him. Yet, he was able to continue because of their descendants. But no difference how much he wanted to stay, his life reached its end. He was 289 years old and unable to leave his bed.

One morning, Dedra appeared next to him and promised to protect his family. Klaye knew he could trust in his words and closed his eyes...

37