Chapter 08 – Date and a promise
2.8k 3 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaye didn’t know how long he ran. He was out of breath and finally stopped on a bridge. He stood there and blankly watched the ground.

He tried to calm down and analyze what happened today. They came to Future city. Some survivors mentioned it in the book. It was a Paradise for the humans, but it had some fatal errors that caused it to become the zombies’ city in no time.

One of them was the stream, which ran through the city. Klaye watched the dry channel and sighed. He followed it until he reached a high wall.

The city had a 3 meters high wall around it because it was in the middle of a forest where wolves lived. Klaye looked up at the 6 meters high wall what was more massive than the original. He walked next to it until he found a stairway and went up. He looked outside and saw the trees were cut out in the next 100 meters around the wall.

Another problem with the city was the forest. Because of it, the survivors weren’t able to see if any attack come. And the wall wasn’t enough strong to hold back anything. Later, the trees mutated and attacked the city too.

Klaye saw some workers still clearing the area outside, then he watched the strong wall under his feet and shivered. He hugged himself and collapsed on the ground. He didn’t need to look around anymore. The answer was the one he feared the most.

Rebirth! Vincent was reborn and changed everything. This time he would protect his loved ones and took revenge on those who betrayed him.

This city became the safest place for the survivors, but for Klaye it was his cage. Because he was one of those who betrayed Vincent…

Klaye didn’t know how long he sat there. He slowly calmed down and stood up. He knew if he stayed here, his death would be worse than in the original world, but he still wanted to see Vincent.

He finally understood his previous kindness. He wanted to sit down and watch him fighting with Gardena. Once he became bored of this show he would mercilessly kill them.

Egbert too. He wasn’t there to take care of him, but to make sure he couldn’t run away…

He understood it, but his heart couldn’t accept it. He knew it would be better if he ran away, but he wanted to spend more time with Vincent...

While thinking he left the wall and walked around in the city. He didn’t realize a car stopped not far from him and someone got off.

Klaye only came back to his senses, when someone grabbed his arm and turned him back.

„Where are you going?” Vincent watched him angrily.

Klaye was shocked and his head was empty. He opened his mouth but he didn’t know what to say. He felt Vincent’s hold on his hand became stronger and the pain awakened him.

„Clothes…” he blurred out. „I can’t wear my old clothes anymore so I come out to find a place to buy new ones.”

He didn’t lie. He didn’t have any warm clothes and if he intent to stay here for a longer time, he would need them.

„There’s a mall, but it doesn’t sell anything. I intend to go back to the Warburton’s villa, so I can take you with me.” Vincent said calmly and released Klaye’s hand.

Klaye accepted his offer and sat in the car. They didn’t speak on the whole way.

When the car stopped in front of a mall Klaye was confused. They went so far from the villa!

„I just remembered, I need some things too so let’s go together.” Vincent said plainly.

Klaye nodded. Vincent knew what would happen in the next some weeks, so he needed to prepare a lot of things.

They went into the mall and Klaye got excited. He saw one of his favorite brand’s shop and grabbed Vincent’s hand.

„Let’s go there first!” he pulled the man after him. He only realized what he did after they entered the shop.

„I… I’m sorry!” he apologized and his face was red from shame. „I usually come here with my friend…”

Most of the time he came to the mall with Suzana. He accompanied and helped her to pick up the best clothes. Because these shops were expensive it was rare if he bought anything.

„It’s okay. I need clothes too.” Vincent didn’t mind it.

They went to look around. Klaye saw a sweater and grabbed it.

„Vincent, see? I think this one will look good on you.” he said happily.

Vincent nodded and took away the clothes.

Seeing this Klaye became extremely happy and ran away to search for more clothes. He completely forgot about all his problems.

When Vincent went to try on his clothes he gave some to Klaye too.

„Change into these.”

Klaye heart almost jumped out from his chest. Clothes what was personally picked out by Vincent, even if they cost a million he would buy it!

While he changed his clothes he thought about if they could go to a restaurant and had dinner together, then this date would be perfect. His face suddenly turned red. What date?! Stupid! He just comes here to buy some clothes! Don’t dream!

He finally calmed down and watched his new clothes in the mirror. He wore a green shirt and dark grey pants. Vincent really knew what would be suitable for him. He touched the green shirt then his green glasses and was confused. Could it be the green was Vincent’s favorite color?

Klaye watched himself and suddenly realized. No! It’s my eyes what’s green! So he chose these things with similar color on purpose?!

He smiled mockingly. He knew he wished for too much.

Those clothes were expensive, but Klaye bought them. They visited some other shops, but most of the time he just helped Vincent to choose. He saw some he really liked, but he didn’t have enough money. He reluctantly left them behind.

After some hours of shopping, Vincent brought him into a restaurant. Klaye felt his heart was full with sweetness and foolishly smiled while he ate his dessert.

He only came back to his senses when they were halfway back to Future city. He confusedly looked at Vincent.

„Didn’t you wanted to go back to the villa?”

„It’s too late. I’ll handle it tomorrow.”

„Oh…” Klaye nodded and didn’t say more.

„How are you feeling after your sickness?” Vincent suddenly asked.

„… I’m okay.” he never thought that he would care for his wellbeing.

„You don’t know, but there are more and more people with similar symptoms as you. The king was able to hold back the news, but every day there are new patients in the hospitals. We don’t know when it will cause a big disaster.”

„… But they just have a high fever. You see, I woke up and have no problems after it. Even if you become sick, everything will be okay.” Klaye smiled at him. He knew that Vincent would survive it.

„You speak so easily, but I’m afraid. What if after I wake up, the world I know will change too much?”

„… Even if the world change, you’ll still have your family and friends. You’ll be able to handle anything.”

„Really? Will you be here too?” Vincent suddenly looked at him.

Klaye opened his mouth but didn’t know how to answer.

In the book, after Lex died, they went into a warehouse to take a break. Vincent was angry because he felt that he was betrayed. His friends said bad things about Lex, called him a disgusting gay and traitor. Gardena cried and said that she knew it, but because they were friends, she hoped Lex would tell it to him. She asked for his forgiveness and later she said there was something else she didn’t tell him. She told them, once she saw Klaye placed a blanket on the sleeping Vincent and kissed his forehead. Everyone was shocked and said it was disgusting.

Vincent finally got a target to release his anger. He hit Klaye’s face and roared. „You are so disgusting! Go and die! Never dare to show up in front of me or I’ll kill you!”

Some hours later Vincent got a high fever and was unconscious. His servants brought some cars and they went to find a safer place and left behind Klaye mercilessly.

Vincent woke up after a month and saw that his team lost half of it. He asked Gardena and she said they sacrificed themselves to protect them. What he didn’t know was that all the survivors around them worked for Gardena. She used that month to clean out everyone who could stand in her way.

He asked if Klaye died too, but he was told that he left them after he was hit.

Klaye sighed and looked out of the window. His script said the opposite. He was closed in the warehouse by Gardena’s men while hundreds of zombies surrounded it…

If someone knew the truth they could see that it was him who was betrayed first… But that time, there wasn’t anyone who would tell it to Vincent. Until the very end, he didn’t know it…

Klaye knew that Vincent’s question was a trap. He didn’t think he had any regret for abandoning him. But even if he ran away, his life could end badly… He thought back to the afternoon they spent together and made his choice.

„I will!” his eyes shined while he looked deep into Vincent’s eyes. „Even if the whole world disappears, I will be here!” So Vincent, when you become bored playing with me, please kill me with your own two hands. Even if you cut me into a thousand pieces I gladly accept my fate.

Vincent was shocked, then a smile slowly appeared on his face. „Don’t break your promise!”

Klaye was surprised. It was the first time he smiled at him. His face turned red and his heart almost jumped out. That one smile was enough for him to not feel any regrets.

84