Chapter 15 – Silly Queen
2.7k 6 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

’Maooo. Perfect! The best palace!’ Queen looked up at the villa.

Klaye went in without saying anything. He wanted to go back to his room at the fastest speed and threw away this cat.

In the hall some of the residents were present. Queen excitedly looked around. Hearing her laugher Klaye felt goosebumps. He was glad the others couldn’t hear her.

„Hey, you get a cat?” one of them asked.

Klaye nodded and held the cat’s paws stronger. He felt more and more annoyed.

’Hey, let me go! I just help him take down some clothes! Such a good body! I want to see!’ she snorted.

„Sorry! She’s nervous, so I take her up to my room.” Klaye turned around and ran to the stairs.

The others looked after him and heard some angry meows.

„Those animals become so problematic after they evolved.”

„Yes. If we don’t work hard, we lost our places.”

„Wait! When did he awaken an ability to get the right to have a pet?”

„I don’t know. He was always with Vincent...”

...

Klaye didn’t hear them. He even forgot about the rule, only those could accept a pet who awakened an ability. He got this cat because of Vincent’s permit. He went into his room and closed the door.

Queen jumped out of his hands and looked around. ’Such a little room! You want me to live here?!’

Klaye didn’t care about her. He checked his things but no one brought back them from Vincent’s room. He was unwilling to go up and met with him.

’Mahaha! What a nice kingdom!’ Queen sat on the windowsill and watched the street outside. ’Whaa! Nice face!’ she jumped up.

Klaye was speechless. The stupid cat wagged her tail like a dog... He looked out too. It was still early in the afternoon. Outside everything was so bright. He remembered once he heard that the cats’ eyes weren’t that good during the day, but it didn’t seem she had any problems.

In those stories where the protagonist reborn, usually, the zombies and animals evolved faster. Klaye never understood what caused it, but following that logic, maybe Queen’s ability was already upgraded with 2-3 levels. That could explain her knowledge.

Klaye sighed. Only he could hear her, so how could the others believe it? If he said something wasn’t right with the cat, wouldn’t they just kill it because of fear? He could see it Queen was just a curious kid. If he taught her properly, later she could be a big help... But he didn’t even know what kind of ability she had. He felt some kind of mind control, but it was too weak.

He sighed again. He didn’t even know what kind of ending he would have, so how could he take care of a kid? It would be better if he found a trustworthy person.

It was still early, maybe Vincent didn’t come back, so Klaye chose to go up and got back his things. He closed the door but only took 2 steps and heard scratching.

’Hey! Where are you going without me?!’

Klaye facepalmed. He went back and let Queen come out. He was afraid she would destroy everything in his room if he dared to leave her behind.

Queen walked out proudly. ’Finally! You stupid slave! If you dare to leave me behind again I make you pay for it!’ she walked away then turned back. ’You need to follow this queen!’

„... Do you know where I want to go?”

’No, but I’m sure, you want to see the most handsome man in this city.’ Queen smiled. ’It’s that guy you met earlier, not? He left too fast, so I didn’t have the chance to look at him. But his aura was so strong! He is the best!’

Klaye was speechless. He didn’t know how to correct this silly cat world view. And her laugh was too creepy! Was it possible to change it somehow?

They went up and Klaye looked around on the corridor. It was early, so no one was there. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. After the 3rd try, he still didn’t hear anything and opened the door.

Queen was impatient and ran into the room. She loved the big space and jumped on the bed.

’Sooooo comfortable! I want to live here!’ she lay down and turned.

„Don’t play around! We leave right away I get my things.”

He packed up his clothes and didn’t notice the bathroom’s door opened.

’Kyaa! How sexy! Wet hair and bathrobe! My nose is bleeding!’ Queen cried out.

 Klaye turned back to scold her. „Vincent!” he jumped back and watched the man. „You are here?” Then why didn’t you answered when I knocked?

Vincent lazily leaned against the door and watched the crazily meowing cat and its silly owner. He felt amused. „So this is the cat you wanted?”

„... Yes. She’s stupid, but I try my best to teach her.” Klaye scratched his head. He didn’t know what else to say. They came in without permission, but it didn’t seem Vincent cared about it.

Queen’s body froze on the bed and she thought hard. Suddenly her eyes lit up and jumped out of the bed. She ran to Vincent and stepped on his leg.

’Hey, Handsome! This queen let you be her first husband! Feel honored!’ she said proudly.

Klaye wanted to skin this stupid cat. How could she say that?!

Vincent was surprised and watched Queen. After a while, he opened his mouth. „I’m honored, but I’m sorry. I already have someone I love.” He said politely.

Klaye felt as if someone poured a bucket cold water on his head. He heard a crack in his chest and his face turned whiter. His hands shook while he grabbed his package. He was glad, he brought here a bag before and he didn’t need to hold it. He placed it on his shoulder.

„I’m sorry for interrupting your rest.” he watched the floor and didn’t dare to look up. „Queen, let’s go.” he went to open the door.

’Such a pity.’ the cat sighed and followed him. She stopped at the door and looked back. ’This queen commands you! Take good care of that person! Or I make you pay for it! You hear me?!’ she shouted.

Slowly on Vincent’s face a charming smile appeared. „Of course. I only live for him.”

’Good!’ she was satisfied, nodded, and ran away.

Klaye bit his lips and went to the stairs. He heard the door was closed and finally breathed. He went back to his room and threw the bag in the corner. He lay on his bed and covered his face.

In the book after Vincent was betrayed he only lived for revenge. He slowly killed everyone and his heart become empty. He was like an injured beast, walked around in the world aimlessly. He never formed a team or stayed in a city for more than 2-3 days. He was always alone, until one day he accidentally saved a man and he escorted him to the closest survivors’ camp. On the way, they ran into a high-level zombie and they almost died. That long life and death fight was able to build up between them a tactic understanding. After that, they met some more times and Vincent slowly accepted him.

Klaye grabbed his pillow and hugged it. How could he forget it?! Vincent hated gays, yet he accepted Lex and Egbert’s relationship so easily! Of course, he did! Because the only person who was able to get his trust after being betrayed was a man! And at the end of the book, they even married!

The pain in his chest became stronger. He wanted to cry, but there wasn’t any tear felt. He knew how stupid he was, hoping to have a place on Vincent’s side. He always reminded himself, yet deep in his heart, he hoped for a miracle. But in the end, he was one of the traitors, he could only die miserably...

Queen jumped on the bed and watched him. She somehow could understand his feeling. Wishing to be loved, but being thrown away. She was the same. Her master bought her a lot of nice clothes and always combed her fur, saying she was her favorite. Yet one day she just left and didn’t even turned back to say goodbye...

’It’s okay. I’m here.’ She licked Klaye’s face. ’Even if we end up living on the street and search for food in the garbage, I’ll do my best to catch some mice for you.’

Klaye looked at her and had an ugly smile on his face. „Thanks, but I don’t want to eat mice! Don’t curse me.”

Queen placed his paw on his face. ’Heh, I see you feel good enough to quarrel with me! Let’s go! I’m hungry! This queen wants to eat chicken’s wings.’

„Okay, just let me wash my face first.” Klaye stood up and left the room.

Queen went with him. When she found out all the men in the building using the same bathroom she wanted to live there. She didn’t care for being wet if she could watch the naked guys.

Klaye grabbed her and went to the kitchen. The lunchtime ended a long time before so he didn’t meet with anyone. He found some leftover and heated it for himself, but there wasn’t any chicken’s wing. In the end, Queen accepted a little liver and ate it.

They went back to the room and Klaye’s brain finally started to work.

„Queen! Why did Vincent hear your voice?!”

She looked at him. ’Are you stupid? How can I ask him to be my husband if he can’t hear me?’

„... But the others didn’t hear you.”

’Of course! I can choose who let to hear me! So feel honored!’ She said proudly.

84