Chapter 04 – Waiting and gossips
3.3k 2 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaye sat on the couch and ate an apple. From time to time, he stopped and looked at the man running around him.

Egbert washed down the table, swept the floor, and cleaned out the last particle of dust.

„Stop it! Stop it!” Klaye roared at him. „Can’t you sit down and watch the TV with me?! In the last 3 days, you cleaned everything again and again. I feel wrong about those pieces of furniture!”

„But I’m bored…” he said without stopping.

„Even if you bored, stop it! I can’t pay for your work!”

„It’s okay. The young master already paid to me.”

„…” Klaye was speechless. Vincent left 4 days before and didn’t come back. The two of them didn’t have a job, so they waited there patiently. He worked in a hotel, but he was fired because of Gardena. That was the place, where he had the luck to run into her and her lovers.

Egbert prepared some snacks and tea, and finally sat down. He watched the news with interest.

Klaye took a glance at it but felt bored. All those things would be meaningless after a month. He didn’t have too much saving, and as an actor, he didn’t have the right to prepare anything. Now his only job was to sit here and wait for the apocalypse to break out. When the zombies emerge, he needed to become scared and cry from the fright… That part wouldn’t be hard for him, because it would be his first time seeing zombies.

He traveled through more than a thousand worlds, but it was rare to see any supernatural. It’s not that he didn’t saw death. He saw more than enough. He even participated in wars and killed. When he thought back to those corpses and imagined them moving, he shivered.

Klaye shook his head, then looked at Egbert. He moved a little closer and became excited to hear some gossips.

„Hey! Can you tell me just what you saw?”

„…” Egbert looked at him, confused.

„You know, that bitch! She won’t go through so much trouble to exile you if there wasn’t something major.”

„… I don’t know what you mean.”

„You see, I worked in a hotel. I had the luck to run into her when she went there with his lover. And it happened 2 times.” he thought a little. „With 2 different men. So as you already know, I was beaten and lost my job.” he moved a little closer again and whispered. „So what did you see?”

Egbert was speechless. They looked at each other and none of them said anything.

„Maybe you didn’t think it was important.” in the end Klaye broke the silence. „Maybe you saw her with someone, who was close to her and you didn’t think it was suspicious.”

Egbert wanted to shake his head, but his face suddenly changed.

Klaye’s eyes lit up. „What did you remembered?”

„… Nothing.”

„That can’t be! You see, I saw her with 2 different lovers and my ending was better than yours! It can’t be nothing!”

„What better ending? You were sick for 2 weeks! You are too weak!”

„…” that’s have nothing to do with it! „Don’t be like this! It’s already over! Why can’t you tell me?!” he almost begged him.

„Really, don’t play the stupid! Didn’t they threaten you?”

„…” Klaye looked away. „I don’t know, what you are speaking about…”

„Don’t? You think everyone stupid? 8 years! You followed the young master for 8 years and you think no one noticed it?!” Egbert became angry. „You think that anyone can stay next to him because they want?! Of course, we investigated you and your family! I know even the things you did in kindergarten! Do you think I don’t know your feelings for him? You even went on some blind dates to try to forget him! You are ga…”

Klaye jumped up and blocked Egbert’s mouth with his hand. He breathed fast and his eyes became fierce. „One more word and I kill you!”

Egbert was shocked. It was his first time seeing that silly kid became so frightening. He nodded to show that he understood and didn’t say more. Klaye released him and sat down. They watched the television in silence.

After some hours, the doorbell rang. Egbert jumped up and ran out to open the door.

Klaye slowly walked out after him. He really hated how Egbert treated his house as his own.

When he reached the door, he was surprised. Egbert was hugged by a man, who was half a head higher than him.

„Bastard, let me go!” Egbert hit his stomach, but the man just laughed and hugged him stronger.

„It so good to see you so energetic…” the man sighed and stroked his head.

Egbert stopped to fight and let the man do what he wanted. He seemed to be a little embarrassed.

Klaye looked up at the sky and rolled his eyes. Why the single me need to get so much dog food?!

The visitor was Lex Xenos, Vincent’s childhood friend. When he heard about Egbert was exiled, he ran to Vincent and they even fought. He lost and without any supporter, he couldn’t do anything.

When Klaye read the book, he didn’t pay too much attention to him. He was just a side character who died early. Now he suddenly remembered, Egbert’s death was only mentioned because of him.

After the fight, Lex never visited Vincent again, but when the zombies emerged, they joined hands. They fled together from the city, but he wanted to stay behind to find somebody. Vincent didn’t let him go, saying it was only suicide. Lex was angry but stayed with them. While they fled running through some house-top he suddenly froze and watched something between the zombies. His face was full of unbelievers. The others realized something wasn’t right with him and tried to pull him, but Lex didn’t react to anything. He only turned to them when Vincent called his name. His eyes were red and he gave of killing intent. He roared „Why do you abandon him?! Why?!” and punched him on the face. Vincent lost his balance and almost fell down. When he looked up, he saw Lex jumping between the zombies. He wanted to call his name, but then he saw a familiar face between the zombies. It was Egbert. Lex fought through himself between the zombies and hugged him. Egbert was excited about getting fresh food and ate him happily. Lex died fast under the zombies’ claws, but he desperately hugged Egbert until his last breath.

Klaye shook his head. It was such a cliché event, of course, he didn’t pay too much attention to it.

He looked at the happy pair and sighed. The story was changing too fast. He didn’t know if he could be able to follow his script anymore…

„That asshole Vincent made me work hard in these days! He didn’t let me go to visit you! When I was able to run away, you already left the clinic.” Lex nagged. He was 24 years old, yet so childish.

Klaye coughed to remind them he was there too.

Lex finally looked at him and was surprised. „Why are you here?!”

„… This is my house.”

„Oh…” he finally let Egbert go. He walked into the flat and looked around. When he realized there was only one bedroom, his eyes darkened. „Are you two sleeping together?”

„No, how could I force Klaye to share his bed with me? My job is to take care of him.” Egbert blurred out. He took his job seriously. He couldn’t let his ’little master’ had any discomfort.

Klaye ate another apple and sometimes chuckled while he watched the 2 men. Lex was a jealous type, and Egbert was the typical housewife.

„Just what are you laughing?” Lex couldn’t stand his behavior anymore.

„Nothing, nothing. Just your little wife called me gay not long before, yet the 2 of you…” he just shook his head and didn’t continue.

They looked at each other and didn’t say anything more. All of them understood the other’s situation and didn’t speak more about it.

„You changed a lot.” Lex said after a while.

„Hm? Maybe, I was sick and lost a little weight.” Klaye waved his hand. It wasn’t just a little, almost all of his pants fell down from him. It was hard to find any clothes he could still wear. He loved to eat chocolate and became pudgy in these years. But after the fever, he became thin. His round face disappeared and even himself was shocked when he saw his white and tender skin.

His appearance became feminine again and he hated it!

„Hey, Lex! Can you tell me why Vincent send you to find Egbert? What changed his mind?” he asked suddenly.

Lex ate some cookies and thought about it. „I don’t know. We didn’t speak in the last some months. After his engagement, he suddenly called me. I didn’t wanted to speak with him, but he sent a message with the ’you will regret it’ contents.” he ate another one and licked his fingers.

At that time he thought that Vincent wanted to use his rank to threaten him and he became angry. He accepted his call to quarrel with him, but his first question made him dumbfound. He never ever thought that he would ask about Egbert’s whereabouts. He didn’t tell him, so Vincent just sighed and gave him a clinic’s address. He took Egbert there without a second thought.

Later, he visited Vincent to ask him why he did this. Even if he was the next head, with this he went against his own family. Instead of answering, he gave him a lot of work and until now he wasn’t able to run away.

After a while, Klaye became bored to watch those little birds and went back to his room. He wanted to go out to buy some new clothes. He spent some time there until he found some suitable clothes and changed.

He walked to the window and watched the clouds.

Regrets, huh? Aren’t you the one, who has the most of them, Vincent?

90