Chapter 05 – Cakes and a bastard
3k 0 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klaye left his room, but he was stopped by Egbert.

„Wait for me! Where are we going?”

„… Not us, just me. The 2 of you can enjoy your time together.” he rolled his eyes. One of the causes he wanted to go out was these 2. „I have an appointment with a friend.”

„Heh, you have a friend?” while it was a question, Klaye felt the mocking in Lex’s speech. „Didn’t you always run after Vincent? When did you have the time to speak with others?”

Klaye didn’t answer just took his bag and walked to the door. He grabbed the keys and froze. Wouldn’t his bed be in danger if he left them alone? They could enjoy their time together, then he needed to sleep in that bed with a broken heart? Hell, not!

„If Vincent already gave you free time, then why not you give me a ride?” he turned back and smiled at them.

„Good idea! Let’s go!” Egbert jumped excitedly.

Klaye’s smile became bigger when he saw Lex’s red face. He was so angry, but he couldn’t say no to his sweetheart.

In the end, the 3 of them went to the Mall.

Klaye didn’t wait for Lex to park, he jumped out from the car. His mobile vibrated nonstop in the last 4 minutes. His friend wasn’t the type, who could sit still and wait patiently.

He walked into the Mall and saw she was leaning to the wall and still typing. She was Susana Machart, his old classmate and only friend.

6 years before, she somehow found out Klaye’s feelings for Vincent and called him out. That case made him really speechless. He thought that he would be threatened, but she just asked him to become friends. She loved to read BL stories and she was so excited to see one in real life. That time Klaye didn’t thought too much about it and nodded. He didn’t remembered if any friend was mentioned in his script, so he was sure it would end fast. He was surprised when he realized their friendship became stronger and he started to depend on her. When he was sad, when he wanted to give up she always listened to his complaints. Now when he looked back to those cases, he was really happy about meeting with this silly girl.

When Suzana looked up and saw him, her chin fell.

„What the hell happened with you?!” she cried out.

She was so loud, the people around them looked at them angrily.

Klaye started to sweat under those eyes. He forgot that Suzana never cared about the time and place and did what she wanted.

She ran to him and grabbed his 2 hands. She looked up and down on him again and again.

„Why do you lost so much weight?! Do you find a new type of diet? You need to tell me your secret!” she was so excited, she didn’t realize more and more people watched them.

 „No… As I told you, I was sick.”

„Sick?! Don’t tell me you get anorexia because you can’t stand your unrequited love?!” she grabbed his head and pulled him down to see his eyes better. She was just 162 centimeters tall while Klaye was 178.

„No…” Klaye was helpless. She was always so straightforward.

„Anorexia is an illness too.” they heard a mocking voice.

Klaye freed himself and turned back. Lex caught up with him.

„I don’t know when the last time I saw such an energetic monkey was.” he grinned evilly.

„Monkey?” Suzana looked around. She didn’t realize, he was speaking about her.

Klaye’s face darkened. „You can go and enjoy your date!”

He grabbed Suzana’s hand and pulled her away. They went into a cake shop and sat down.

When he saw Egbert sat on the opposite side of the table, he facepalmed. He realized there was another one who was slow to understand the situation.

Suzana opened the menu and watched it happily. She called a waiter and ordered 3 cakes.

Klaye watched the menu and asked the same. Their styles were too similar, this was one of the cause why their friendship lasted for so long.

„Heh, your brain will be damaged eating so many sweets…” Lex mocked them.

„Excuse me, can I get this, this…” in one breath Egbert ordered 5 different cakes. His eyes shined, he was really excited. „I always wanted to try out this shop’s cakes, but I never dared to come here alone.”

Lex was speechless. He never knew that Egbert loved sweets so much. He shook his head and went out to smoke.

Klaye laughed happily. In all these years he never realized there was another person with similar personalities as him. He thought back and finally understood. Vincent’s friends accepted his presence, but they never acknowledged him as one of them. He was running after Vincent so blindly, he never noticed the fact.

They got their cakes. Klaye happily ate his and threw away those thoughts. He never minded not making friends with them. Most of them were just cannon fodders in the story.

„Well, well. Who are here?”

Klaye heard an irritating voice and looked up. He just thought about those cannon fodders and one of them showed up. He was Ulland Orton, a member of Gardena’s harem, and the one who caused him to lose his job.

„I almost didn’t recognize you! You changed too much!” he laughed mockingly. „Don’t you think it is a little too late? Vincent already has a fiancé, even if you turn into a woman he’ll never look at you!”

Klaye didn’t care for what he wanted to say. He continued to eat his cake, but his chin was grabbed and his head was forcefully turned back.

„Hey! I’m speaking to you!” Ulland was angry. He watched Klaye’s face a little, then smirked. „Right. You had such a nice face. At that time you were almost raped, but do you know? After you started to follow Vincent there were some of us who wanted to go in bed with you. Sorrowfully, they didn’t dare and you became such a pig in no time!”

„Stop it!” Egbert wasn’t able to stand it anymore and grabbed Ulland’s hand.

„Are you here too?! Hahaha, so the losers teamed up?  Do you two trying to lick Vincent’s shoes to get his attention?” he looked at Egbert. „Do you think you can get back your position?! Don’t dream. Be a good dog and lie in the corner obediently!”

„Ulland, you are going too far!” Lex roared. He didn’t think that there would be any problem while he was outside.

„Lex?!” Ulland was surprised, then he laughed more loudly. „I see, so this is what happened! So Egbert sold his ass to you! Your wish finally come true!”

Lex’s face was red from the rage, but he couldn’t do anything. Ulland’s family was in a higher position than his. If he hit him it would cause too much trouble.

Ulland knew that he had the upper hand and became happier.

„A bunch of gays!” he looked at Klaye. „And who did you sold your ass? With such a face, I’m sure, there are enough men to warm your bed! Maybe losing your job was the best for you!”

Klaye’s face became green. Hearing these things he wanted to vomit.  It made him remember those old memories that he wished to forget.

He was awakened by a loud cry. When he looked up, he saw Suzana stood in front of him.

Ulland was lying on the floor. He held the place between his legs and his face was white.

„Congratulation. You can try out how it feels to sell your ass.” she said blankly. She still held a plate in her hand and ate a cake.

„You, you, you!” Ulland gritted his teeth. „Who do you think, who you are?! I’m a member of the Orton family! You will pay for it!”

„Me? I’m Suzana Machart.”

Hearing this name Ulland’s face changed.

Lex’s chin fell. The Machart’s family had almost the same strength as the Warburton’s. He heard some gossips about their pampered little princess, but he never saw her. She was so mysterious, she never took part in any event.

Klaye facepalmed. He hoped to avoid this kind of situation. He was repeatedly asked by Suzana’s grandfather to look after her and didn’t let her cause any problems.

Ulland somehow stood up and slowly walked out. He looked back with hatred from the door. As if he tried to say ’next time you guys would pay for this’!

„Lex, didn’t they know you working for Vincent again?” Klaye asked after a while.

„No. In these 2 weeks, I ran a lot of errands. I hardly met with anyone.”

They sat back to the table, but they lost their appetite. Only Suzana ate her cakes.

„I never thought that you have such a backer.” Lex remarked.

„Not really. My job is to take care of her.” he watched her eating happily and suddenly had the urge to grab his fork. She was always so easygoing, but it made him forget those unpleasant things.

They ate their cakes and their cheerfulness came back slowly.

Even Lex tasted some of them because Egbert fed him.

They ate their fill and went to buy some clothes.

Klaye didn’t buy too many, because he didn’t know if he could take them with himself after the apocalypse. Not to mention, once the zombies would run around, he could take away anything for free… It wasn’t that he didn’t want to pay, but he didn’t have enough savings! He still needed to pay for his rent and food for a month…

He looked at Egbert with envy. Before as a servant, he always wore a uniform, but now he could wear anything. So Lex bought him everything that he thought it looked good on him.

They spend the whole afternoon shopping and ate dinner together in a restaurant.

83