Chapter 06 – Siblings
2.9k 4 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the evening, Lex took them home by car.

Klaye smiled the whole way and didn’t say anything. He felt that it was funny how Lex changed his attribute toward Suzana. He looked into the rearview mirror and his eyes met with Lex. He mouthed ’miss’ and smirked. He really enjoyed himself.

The car stopped in front of the building and they carried up the packages.

Klaye placed his new clothes into his room, but he didn’t know where to take Egbert’s things. His house was too little for 2 people.

He went back to the living room to find a temporary place for them. He wanted to call Egbert to speak about it, but then he froze. He saw the 2 men kissing and his palm started to itchy.

After a while, they separated and Lex sighed.

„Vincent is so mean! He wants me to go back to work now! It’s already late at night! What the hell is he thinking?!” he hugged Egbert and complained.

„It’s okay. Don’t let him wait.” Egbert patted his shoulder. „We can meet anytime.”

Lex hugged him stronger and took some deep breath to calm down.

Seeing this, Klaye almost coughed up blood. Don’t tell me he intends to stay here and do that?! Don’t dream!

After half an hour, Lex finally left.

Klaye sat on the couch and felt tired. The dog food was too much to him, it almost gave him a fatal blow. He was sure, these two deserved to die early!

Egbert folded his new clothes the third time. His face was red and he wasn’t able to calm down.

Watching his blissful appearance, Klaye became more depressed.

„Hey, Egbert! There’s something I don’t understand. Didn’t you have a fiance?!” he was really puzzled about this. „Did Maia knew it?”

Egbert froze and looked at him. „It’s a little complicated…”

„How? Don’t tell me, the tree of you used to do it together?”

„What?!” his face turned completely red.

Klaye’s eyes lit up. From his reaction he understood, they didn’t do it yet. Suddenly, he became happy. It didn’t matter how mean Lex was, he still didn’t have the chance to eat his full! His heart suddenly healed and he laughed.

„How could I do anything with Maia? She’s my sister…” Egbert murmured.

Klaye choked on his saliva and coughed. He didn’t think the story would do through on such a big change. He was speechless and watched the other man.

Egbert touched his head in embarrassment. He only knew it 3 years before. He accidentally heard Maia mention his identity while speaking with her father. He was shocked and later asked her about the truth.

Their father, Mallin Thanos was an excellent servant. His master really valued him and gave him the chance to go to the university. During his studies, he met with a young and beautiful woman and fell in love. The Warburton family rules were strict, but it never forbade them to fell in love and had a mistress outside.

Mallin spent 2 years with the woman. Everything was perfect until she became pregnant. She wished to marry him, but it was forbidden. Mallin knew that he couldn’t do that and even the child needed to follow his mother’s name. The woman was furious and went to the Warburton family’s villa. She caused a lot of problems to Mallin and he almost was kicked out from his position. He needed to realize, her love never existed and she only wanted a position in the Thanos family. Mallin hardened his heart and threw her out. He never went to see her again.

Because of this case, Mallin lost his favored position and quit the university. He spent all his time to work hard and made up for his mistakes. He never thought that after his son was born that woman would come back.

She stood in front of the villa and speak evil about the Warburton family. She called them the worst for being mean with a weak woman. They threw her out with a child. She stopped some passers-by and told more and more vulgar stories. She was crazy and swayed the child in her hands.

Some security guards went out and warned her, the law protected the nobles’ fame, and if she didn’t stop they had the right to execute her here and now. She laughed madly and shouted ’Do it! Do it! These nobles never cared about the commoners! It just proves that I was right…’.  She wasn’t able to finish it, she was shot in the head and she let go of the child in her hands.

Mallin jumped out and caught the child before it fell on the ground. He knelt and checked if the child has any problems. When he was sure the child was okay he looked at the dead body next to him. She was the woman he loved the most, but his heart was cold. He watched that mocking smile on her face and became absentminded…

He only came back to his senses, when he heard the other servants called masters with respect. He looked around and saw everyone watched him with hatred. He knew that his future was doomed, but he still wanted to do one more thing. He turned around and looked at his master. He put down the child next to himself and kowtowed.

„Master! This servant accepts any punishment, but can I have a last wish? Can you spare this child’s life? I’ll send him away into a faraway orphanage and you’ll never see him again.”

„Why send away? The Eichert family always welcome orphans…”

Mallin was punished, but they spared his life and he was able to stay as a servant, but he got all the odd jobs.

After hearing it, Klaye was speechless. He didn’t know what to say.

„It’s a sad story, but I’m grateful for them to let us stay.” Egbert faintly smiled.

„Are you stupid?” Klaye looked at him.

„? Why?”

„…” Klaye facepalmed. „You know, they didn’t dismiss or kill your father, because they knew he would work hard to atone for his mistakes. And they let you stay because they want him to remember every time he saw you. It was just for the sake to torment him.” he shook his head. „Not to mention, I’m sure you had a hard time before Vincent accepted you as his personal servant.”

„… It wasn’t that hard.” Egbert murmured.

„Really? And about Maia, they chose her as your fiance to torment Mallin. You were never registered under his name, so they magnanimously gave him the chance to treat you as his son.”

„Ah, so that’s why he always looked at me that way…” Egbert finally understood.

„Nobles are so scary, they can do anything…” Klaye grabbed his hair. He felt lucky, the one he fell in love was Vincent. Compared to the rest, he was a nice person.

„That’s not true! The young master and Lex too, are nice guys!”

„The two of you are together, not?”

„How can we?!” Egbert’s face became red. „You know it, don’t you? The young master, he…” his voice died away. He turned away and they didn’t speak more.

Klaye sighed. Of course, he knew it. When Vincent was 9 years old, he was kidnapped. During that case, he was molested by a pedophile. He was saved in time, so nothing happened, but it left a deep scar on his heart. From that day onward there were 2 things he hated the most. Pedophiles and gays.

It was a well-known fact. This was why Klaye was extremely careful when he was around Vincent. Being hated or having an unrequited love for the rest of his life… He chose the second option. Thinking about being hated by Vincent, it made his heart hurt. He wanted to die.

He threw away these thoughts and went into his room.

Klaye didn’t know what to do so he just played at home every day. Sometimes Lex visited them, but he was taken away by Vincent’s men after some hours. He repeatedly skipped his work, so in the end, he got 3 hours free time every 4th day.

Without they realized a month passed. Vincent never visited them, only sent some fruits or other things with Lex. Klaye had mixed feeling about it. On one hand, he missed Vincent, but on the other hand, he was afraid to meet with him. He didn’t know how to behave in front of him anymore. He wished to know what caused the change in the story, so he could adapt. But he needed to meet with Vincent to find it out…

80