Chapter 19
238 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is a nice place you have," I stated as I glanced around Carly's living room. Just like the show, it was quite large. I mean, they had an elevator in their apartment, for crying out loud. I don't think most residents of the building even have that.

I really had to know how they were able to afford living in such a nice apartment in the middle of Seattle. There was no way Carly's brother could have produced the cash necessary to pay all the bills. I had tried looking Spencer up online, and I only found one or two articles briefly mentioning his art. They were all positive, but it wasn't something that could be life-changing for an artist.

Does the Shay family come from old money, perhaps? Now that would answer everything, honestly.

"Thanks," Carly said with a smile on her face. She motioned towards the stairs and said, "Freddie is preparing all the things needed for the show tonight. Let's go upstairs."

"So, a doctor, huh? That's a very impressive occupation. What got you into that?" Spencer asked Izzie, attempting to strike up a conversation.

You've got to give the man some credit; he sure wasn't intimidated by Izzie's career choice. As a lowly artist, Spencer knew how to aim high.

"What are you guys waiting for?" Sam stated, munching on something. In her hand was a plate of meatballs.

Carly, seeing this, gave her best friend an incredulous look. She couldn't believe what she was seeing right now.

"What? I was famished. I just didn't like the fruits Spencer was offering," Sam stated, defending herself from Carly's gaze. Carly had thought Sam had followed her to welcome Lucas, but it seemed like Sam was only hungry and went downstairs to get something to eat.

"Oh, so your teacher inspired you to become a doctor. That's nice. You know, I once wanted to become a lawyer, but after a while, I decided that wasn't for me. So, I followed my passion and became an artist instead," Spencer stated with confidence, as Izzie just gave a smile in response.

Seeing that we were going to be busy, I told Carly to give me a moment as I approached Izzie, interrupting her conversation with Spencer.

"Hey, Iz. I'll be going upstairs. Do you want to spend time with Spencer, or do------"

Before I could finish speaking, Izzie immediately cut me off and said, "Oh, that's fine. Just make sure you text Meredith that you're already at your friend's house." Izzie glanced at Spencer and said, "It was nice meeting you, Spencer, but I have to go."

For a moment, Spencer was taken aback but quickly composed himself with a smile on his face. "Right, right, right. That's fine. Maybe we can see each other soon."

Izzie just smiled at Spencer as she bid her farewells and left the apartment.

As the door slammed shut, I suddenly found myself being held by both shoulders and shaken back and forth. "Is she dating anyone?!?"

"Spencer!" Carly shouted, immediately coming to my rescue. She broke me free from her brother's clutches and gave him a disapproving look.

"I'm not sure," I replied to Spencer, straightening my clothes. Based on what I can remember from the show, Izzie should have had a sexual relationship with George at some point in the past, despite George being married to Callie. However, I can't confidently say if they are still involved. I didn't spend any time in the hospital after my discharge, nor did I see George visiting the house. So, I'm uncertain about Izzie's current dating status.

"Sorry about that. You must be Lucas, the one I've been hearing about recently," Spencer apologized, extending his hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you. I'm Carly's older brother, Spencer Shay." He chuckled, realizing he had been so focused on Izzie that he hadn't even noticed Lucas's presence just moments ago.

"Nice to meet you too," I replied, shaking his hand.

"So, if by chance that Dr. Izzie is single. Do you think she'll go for a guy like me?" Spencer asked eagerly.

With an amused look on my face, I replied, "Honestly, I don't know. Plus, I'm not even sure if she's interested in dating right now". Especially if she was still entangled with George, I don't think Izzie would be open to dating anyone else.

For a moment, Spencer hummed in contemplation and said, "Interesting?"

Suddenly, as if a light bulb had clicked in Spencer's mind, he asked again, "You said that Izzie was your sister's friend. That would mean that you know other cute female doctors, right?"

With an eyebrow raised, I could only think that Spencer seemed to think fast when it comes to women. "I guess?"

Truthfully, there was only one woman that came to mind as a potentially interesting match for Spencer, and that was my half-sister, Lexie Grey. I couldn't help but have mixed feelings about it. In the show, Mark and Lexie were often referred to as soulmates, but I always saw their relationship as problematic. Mark had a reputation for being promiscuous, and it seemed like he consistently failed to prioritize Lexie in their relationship. If Lexie were to date Spencer, it would certainly make for an intriguing pairing.

With a smile on his face, Spencer asked, "Would you mind introducing me to a few?"

Before I could even reply to Spencer's query, Carly immediately started dragging me towards the elevator door instead of the stairs, recognizing it as the quickest way to escape her brother's constant pestering.

"Carly!" Spencer shouted in defiance, firmly standing in her way.

The tension between the two siblings escalated as they remained locked in a stubborn stalemate. Carly's attempts to navigate around Spencer proved futile, as he adeptly maneuvered to block every possible path she tried to take.

"What are you doing?!" Carly exclaimed in growing frustration.

"I just want to find love!" Spencer bellowed at the top of his lungs.

Caught between amusement and irritation, I couldn't decide whether to burst into laughter or feel exasperated by the scene unfolding before me. Suddenly, Sam, clearly fed up with the situation, took matters into her own hands and tackled Spencer to the floor, leaving him in shock at the sudden attack.

"Go! Go!" Sam urged, pinning Spencer down.

Seizing the opportunity, Carly swiftly dragged me towards the elevator door. As the doors closed, we could still hear Spencer's resounding cries echoing through the room.

"I just want to find love!"

9