CHAPTER 24
155 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow! Let's give a big round of applause to Mr. Lucas Grey!" Sam exclaimed with enthusiasm, stepping forward in front of the camera. With a press of her blue remote, the room filled with the sound of thunderous applause.

๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘ย  ๐Ÿ‘

"That was another fantastic song, indeed!" Carly added, as Lucas stood up from his seat and joined the two girls.

"I'm sure you're going to gain a lot of new fans because of those performances. Definitely a lot of female fans," Sam teased, looking directly into the camera.

Carly, visibly annoyed, interjected, "Sam, please don't say that."

Ignoring Carly's statement, Sam continued to stare at the camera, raising an eyebrow and adding, "Ladies, Lucas Grey here is single."

Carly couldn't contain her frustration and blurted out, "SAM!"

Not wanting their argument to be seen by everyone, Lucas swiftly redirected the conversation and spoke in front of the camera, "So, I've created a YouTube channel. In an hour or two, you'll be able to listen to my songs on repeat."

Freddie, adjusting the camera to focus on himself, chimed in, "And not only that, you can now also watch old episodes of iCarly on YouTube!" Freddie moved to his laptop and pressed a few keys, displaying the links to both the iCarly and Lucas Grey's YouTube channel on the screen for the online viewers.

"Also, some time tonight, Lucas's songs will be available for download on iTunes!" Sam declared, redirecting the camera back to the hosts of the webshow.

Although the details hadn't been discussed previously, Carly immediately went along with Sam's statement, saying, "Stay tuned!".

Behind the camera, Freddie's face revealed a sigh of resignation as he realized he would have an increased workload to handle. Clearly the two girls would make him do all the work again.

"And that's a wrap for today's episode of iCarly!"

"Until next time, folks!"

"BYE!" "BYE!" "BYE!"

As Carly, Sam, and Lucas waved goodbye to the camera, Freddie slowly backed away and walked towards his laptop, declaring, "And we're clear," as he ended the webshow.

"Great show, let's go grab something to eat," Sam suggested to the group.

The three of them readily agreed to Sam's invitation, even though they were at Carly's home.

Even Freddie, despite having a heavy workload, decided to take a break and have dinner before diving back into work for the night.

As the four of them headed toward the elevator, Lucas's phone began to ring.

[Convo1:] Derek: Those were some interesting songs, Lucas. Great performance, though.

[Convo2:] Lexie: Awesome songs, Lucas!

[Convo3:] Alex: Dude, you made Meredith cry. Great song, by the way!

[Convo4:] Izzie: Wonderful songs, Lucas! That last song really hit Meredith hard. She started bawling her eyes out before the second song even ended.

I had an awkward smile on my face. It's true that I chose those songs to evoke strong emotions in both Meredith and Derek, but I never intended to make Meredith cry. I wonder if I should even apologize at this point. Meredith clearly watched my performance, but there was no text from her on my phone.

[Convo3:] Lucas: How is she?

[Convo3:] Alex: Well, she immediately started drinking tequila afterwards.

[Convo3:] Lucas: Is she drinking alone?

[Convo3:] Alex: Nah, Izzie is joining her as well, and I might join in a few minutes. I've got no work, after all. Time to relax.

There goes my ride for the evening. The only positive side I can think of is that Meredith won't bug me about my songs and therapy for a while. Well, you win some and you lose some, I guess.

"We've got spaghetti tacos!" Spencer shouted as the group seated themselves in the kitchen. It would definitely be an interesting meal, to say the least. I thanked Spencer for the meal and continued texting on my phone.

[Convo1:] Lucas: How was it? Did you find the songs moving?

[Convo1:] Derek: Why did you do it? Why sing those songs?

[Convo1:] Lucas: I just felt that they were the best songs to sing at the moment.

[Convo1:] Derek: Okay, I don't totally believe you.

[Convo1:] Lucas: Whatever do you mean? (^_^)

Derek was clearly analyzing the lyrics of my songs. I call that a win in my book. They were clearly soulmates, but they always had issues stopping them. The first was Derek's wife, and the second was Meredith's own issues. Plus, I don't know for sure if my existence will cause a ripple effect in their relationship. So, what I just did was basically force them to acknowledge their emotions for one another. True, I could have just let the story play out and see how it goes, but I wanted to be sure. Derek and Meredith were one of the best couples on TV back in my original world. I didn't want to ruin that.

[Convo2:] Lucas: You don't have work today?

[Convo2:] Lexie: I do. I was watching your performance in Derek's office. Oh, yeah. Cristina was there too. Derek made sure she didn't bother me while you were playing. It was fun.

[Convo3:] Lucas: Why did Derek do that?

[Convo3:] Lexie: Cristina is kind of a mean boss. Don't tell that to Meredith. She already hates me as it is. I don't know how she would feel if she knew I find Cristina mean and sometimes outright cruel.

[Convo3:] Lucas: Noted. But trust me, Meredith doesn't hate you.

[Convo3:] Lexie: She said that?

[Convo3:] Lucas: No. But trust me she doesn't hate you. She might be annoyed at you, but hate? I don't think so.

[Convo3:]: Lexie: Between hate and annoyance, I still don't know which one is better.

[Convo3:] Lucas: Anyway, I have a favor to ask.

[Convo3:] Lexie: What is it?

[Convo3:] Lucas: Are you free tonight? I kinda need a ride back home. I don't think I can rely on Meredith right now because she's already drinking. I don't mind taking the bus, but I was looking to see if you are available.

[Convo3:] Lexie: No worries. I still have work to do, but I can pick you up in about 2 or 3 hours. Where are you right now?

[Convo3:] Lucas: I'm at a friend's house. I'm in the Buswell Plaza, apartment 8-C.

[Convo3:] Lexie: Wow, that's a fancy place. Anyway, I'll text you once I'm headed there. Cristina is coming my way to check on me again.

[Convo3:] Lucas: Hahaha. Thanks.

"Hey, Lucas. You've got to have your songs copyrighted to protect yourself," Spencer stated as he wiped the spaghetti sauce from his mouth.

"Do you have anyone in mind?" I inquired. It didn't hurt to ask Spencer. If not, I could always ask Derek or Meredith. With the money I'm soon going to make from the eventual sales of my songs on iTunes, I can definitely borrow some money and pay it off later.

"I think Socko might know someone. I'll text him and find out," Spencer replied, handing me his phone. "I'll put your phone number here too, just in case he's busy tonight. He's probably out on a date or something."

"Sure, no problem," I replied, entering my contact details.

After returning Spencer his phone, I looked at Freddie and said, "Thanks a lot, Freddie, for helping me upload my songs on iTunes."

"It's fine," Freddie said, taking a bite of his crunchy meal.

"I don't really feel like it's fair for you, though," I stated, my eyes shifting towards Carly and Sam. "In fact, I don't really feel it's fair for any of you. So, I have a proposition."

"Sure, let's hear it," Carly said, setting down the orange juice she was drinking.

"How about this: for the two songs I sang on iCarly, I'll offer you guys 50% of whatever commission I receive on iTunes for 6 months as my payment. This way, you guys can divide your share among yourselves."

"Basically, you're saying that if iTunes pays you a 60% commission, you'll give iCarly 50% of those earnings for half a year, which is equal to 30% of iTunes' commission," Freddie clarified in surprise. He knew that Lucas' song would definitely be a big hit. He couldn't believe that someone would share such a large chunk of their potential earnings just like that. Perhaps Lucas wasn't such a bad guy after all. He did know how to show gratitude, that's for sure. Now if only Carly would stop giving Lucas those love-struck eyes, Freddie thought.

"Wow, that's a high percentage," Sam stated, taking a bite of her taco. Even with her mouth splattered with spaghetti sauce, she didn't care about her appearance and kept eating.

"Do you even understand what Lucas is implying?" Freddie asked Sam, mockingly.

"What are you implying, Fredward? That I'm stupid?" Sam replied, she was about to stand up from her seat and punch Freddie but was immediately stopped by Carly.

After preventing yet another fight, Carly looked at Lucas and clarified, "Are you sure, Lucas? That's such a huge percentage."

With a smile on my face, I replied, "Of course. I wouldn't be able to get my song out there if you guys didn't showcase it on your show. I think it's only fair." With this agreement, I could solidify my friendship and business deals with iCarly as a whole. It was a complete win-win scenario.

4