You Can (Not) Love
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, anyway, when do you plan on getting a girlfriend?” Stick Fisher says with a smirk.

David looks his brother in the eyes. His face contorts into one of rage as he shoots a mean look at Stick.

David’s eyes catch a glimpse of an open door behind the kitchen, David grabs his brother by the collar and marches towards the door, while he drags his brother across the floor, he feels a cold breeze.

“Uh, what are you doing? You wouldn’t hurt your brother, would you?” Sick says, only to be met with silence as David walks onto the balcony, dragging Stick Fisher with him.

David stops at the glass railing and drags Stick over his shoulder, throwing him off the building.

“Why is it that you have such an annoying marionette? You’re like a freaking cockroach,” David says in an angry tone. “Why would you throw your dear brother off a building and then call me a cockroach?” Stick says from behind David.

“How many times do I have to tell you I’m aromatic?” David says as he puts his fingers on the bridge of his nose. “Wait, I already have a list of people that might be interested in you”.

David roundhouse kicks Stick Fisher between the legs with his face fills with even more genuine rage and frustration. Stick falls to the ground frothing at the mouth.

“When are you leaving?” “Tomorrow early morning. Why do you ask?” Stick Fisher says as he moans on the ground. David looks down on Stick and says “zero”, David reaches into zero’s mouth and pulls out a handful of ice and drops it on his face.

“Here's some ice for your troubles, but pull a stunt like that again and I will squeeze your nose so hard that blood will squirt to Pluto, do you understand?” David says with a grim expression.


“Oh, so you plan on bringing the sinner to the village. Father will be mad,” Stick says in shock sitting on the couch, “Well, he's no joke. He is probably even more powerful than me”.

“No way, seriously? And you’re like the third strongest back home,” Stick says with a crazed expression, “Oh, right there's a gym on the first floor in case you want to go.”

“Oh, thanks but never ー and I mean never ー try to control me again!” David says with disgust. “Ya ya but deep down I know you love me.” “How many freaking times do I have to tell you, I want nothing to do with such a manipulative, selfish, and stupid person as you!!!” David shouts to the top of his lungs.

“I do not love. In fact, I’ve despised you ever since I met you. I always knew that you would do things like this,” David says as he begins to cry. “Get out now or I will kill you and I mean it,” David says as he swipes his face with his sleeves revealing a serious face.

“I …, I’m sorry I just wanted to help, I thought you were jok-”, “I said get out” David snaps. He begins to count down, Stick Fisher slowly backs into the door and leaves, locking the door behind him.

“How the hell does apologising help anything?” David mutters to himself while walking toward the punching bag. He begins to punch it with all his might and emotion, totalling the punching bag and spilling sand everywhere.

“Damn that man who calls himself my brother,” David mutters as he slouches against a wall, sliding to the ground. He lies there, still, muttering the same word over and over again, “Mother”.

After what feels like hours, David rises to his feet. “I can’t dwell on something this small for so long. After all lots of people have it way worse”. He explores his new apartment to distract his mind.

‘There’s the charger for my phone,’ David thinks as he picks up a neat and tidy charger. He looks down at it,unravels it and plugs it into an outlet. His phone vibrates. David rests it on a bedside table.

‘Guess I’ll just go exercise in the gym,’ David says in his head, he goes out the door, stepping into the carpeted hallway. David enters the elevator and goes to the first floor.

David looks to his right to see a door in the corner of the lobby. “huh, I didn’t notice that before,” David says to himself. As he walks toward the door, he pushes the door open.

He sees a room filled with weight, treadmills and other machines and equipment. David looks in wonder at all the things in the room. He also spots a large, bearded man wearing a long kilt with no shirt and large well-defined muscles deadlifting giant weights in the corner of the room.

‘are we the only ones here, … man, he's buff!’ David thinks to himself. The man turns toward David and makes eye contact with him, then drops the weights, making a loud thud.

‘How am I just noticing this. He has an aura with the intensity of the sun itself,’ David thinks. David sees a bright yellow light that engulfs the entire room in an instant.

‘Is he a child of Antón?’ David ponders as the man calmly and slowly walks toward David, each step making no sound. ‘What is going on? I can’t hear his steps, no matter who tries to sneak up on me, I still hear their footsteps’.

The hulking muscle man stands before David, towering far above him. David steps back in fear. ‘He’s at least 7 feet tall, no 7’ 7”, … it’d be so much fun to fight him’ David thinks to himself.

“Hello, I haven't seen you before. Are you new?” the large man says softly and politely. “Yeah I arrived today,” David says with a shocked expression. ‘Someone with such a presence sounds like such a gentle person’.

“My name is Aurelion Everest. It's nice to meet you,” the man says with a big smile? extending his hand to David. “My name is David. Nice to meet you, too,” David says as he shakes his hand.

‘Even though his hands are very large and rough, he is still so gentle. Even with a handshake it feels like I’m a baby and he’s my mother. So weird …’ David thinks to himself. “Why is it that you look so intimidating but you’re actually very gentle?”

“Well, it's a habit I guess, probably because I don’t want anyone to fear me and to make people comfortable around me, but that’s a weird question to ask a stranger”.

“Ah I’m sorry I just blurbed that out” David says embarrassed, “no it’s fine, I get asked that a lot so I’m used to it and to be honest it just feels flattering” Aurelion says with a small smile.

“Uh why are we the only ones in here, I thought this apartment had a lot of people” David says in confusion, “oh its probably because its 6:13 pm and its international cheat day” Aurelion says.

“So are you new here, I haven't seen you before” the man says gently, “yes, and I have a question for you” David says, ‘if I fight him it will definitely explain why he is the strongest presence I’ve ever seen’.

“Can we have a quick spar” David says with a playful smile, “no, absolutely not” Aurelion says with a strict tone, “and why is that, after all everything has a story behind it”.

“I do not want to talk about it” Aurelion says uncomfortably, “then may I ask you, why do you have such an aura” David says with a devilish smile “oh you can see aura, well I don’t really know why”.

“Fine then could you teach how to use these machines” David says in a sad tone, “oh sure let's start with some warm ups, what I do is 200 jumping jacks then hold a squat 2 minutes squats repeated 3 times with a 15 second break then 250 burpees, but you can do something different if you want”

“You wanna see who can do it the fastest” David says “Lets do this!” David shouts with a fake smile. The two begin their warm ups with David moving faster than Aurelion in the jumping jacks.

David finishes his set of jumping jacks after 3 minutes with Aureleon not far behind, “that was fun, I’ve never had a training partner who could catch up with me” David says excitedly.

“You’re a fast one for sure” Arelion says finishing his reps, “you ready for squats” David says, Aurelion nods in response. The two begin their still squat, “so about the question I asked earlier, when were you able see aura”.

“I think it was around 30 years ago when I was an up and coming monster hunter, although I couldn’t really see it as I could sense it, for instance when I look at monsters I feel their motive and all I felt was the intent to kill and it disgusts me, but if you look at a felon their intent is evil but there is a small amount of good so they can be redeemed but monsters are the epitome of evil, sorry for the rant”.

“Hm, do you know how auroras are formed”, David asks still going strong, “no I just sort of used my guts to figure out what it meant”, aura is a type of energy that is emitted by people with dreams, beliefs and ambition”.

“So if you have the goal of being the strongest and put all your conviction into that one thing your aura develops and reflects that goal, so aura is your conviction to something converted to energy.

“So what is your conviction, so what is it you strive for?” David says still holding his squat, “well yes, the peace and prosperity of humans and the judgement of all monsters, that is my conviction”.

Aurelion’s aura rapidly flows out from him, “it's been two minutes we can stop” Aurelion says while standing up and stretching his whole body, David follows behind, “then what is your conviction? '' Aurelion says with a smile.

“Are you struggling to figure it out” David says gleefully, “well yes, your aura is spewing in all directions sporadically and the colour is pitch black and the purest white, there is no fusion between the colours”.

The two begin to squat again, “as you can see it is confusing” Aurelion says, “the thing is though, I don’t know my conviction I just do stuff without even acknowledging it”.

“That's definitely, uh something” Aurelion says confused, “oh right before I forget, I have a quick question are you a child of Aton by any chance”.

“Who’s Aton” Aurelion asks, “oh no one at all” David says, trying to change the subject, “oh we should be done right about now” David says nervously.

The two continue their intense work while chatting and Aurelion teaches David how to use the tools and machines, this goes on for 2 hours as they learn more about each other, with David not breaking a sweat.

“I think I'm going to head out, seeya” David says while walking away, “wait I have a question” Aurelion says with sweat covering his entire body, “how is it not a drop of sweat was formed” Aurelion says confused.

“Oh I have CIPA which basically means I can’t sweat, feel pain, feel temperature, my sense of touch is horrible, and I can’t feel vibrations” David says walking off with a smile.

David goes back to his apartment, “I should do some research take a bath and hit the hay” David mutters to himself, he walks into his room with off white walls, a futon in the corner, a small cabinet next to the bed, and a small office space in the corner.

David sits in the office space and opens a big laptop, he opens an app called “Lance Browser”, ‘what are the side effects of a S.R.M machines” David says while typing.

David clicks on one of the links, “In 1991, a study was conducted on the potential negative side effects of special frequencies emitted by S.R.M machines on children under the age of one. The study found that these frequencies were in opposite resonance with the child's Marionette, resulting in two primary negative side effects. Firstly, the subject was observed to enter a short-term coma-like state. This suggests that the frequencies emitted by S.R.M machines may have a significant impact on the neurological functioning of young children, potentially leading to a disruption in cognitive processes. Secondly, the study found that subjects involuntarily summoned their Marionette, which subsequently went into a state of berserk behaviour. This suggests that the negative effects of these frequencies may extend beyond the neurological, potentially leading to disruptions in the behaviour and actions of young children and this effect is known as Lilium’s lie. It is important to note that even modern S.R.M machines are not properly equipped to work on children, as the information provided would be greatly exaggerated. These findings highlight the need for further research into the potential effects of S.R.M machines on children, as well as the development of specialised equipment that is better suited for use in this population.”

“Wait so it affects babies but what about adults though” David says to himself confused, “alright then, does Liliums lie affect adults” David says while typing, and at the top of the screen it says no, “huh then what about the link”.

David clicks the link and it shows a Q&A of a famous marionette researcher and doctor, the question is the same one David typed and the response is no, it is impossible for an adult to have Liliums Lie.

“Huh, you’ve gotta be kidding me, this is so goddamn frustrating” David says, “nah well, I still need to add Xanders phone number”, David picks up his phone to see that it's one hundred percent.

David adds Xander to his contact list, “well time to take a shower”, David goes to his wardrobe and grabs a green and white coloured pyjamas, he puts them on his couch.

David enters his bathroom and takes off his clothes revealing many concealed scars and wounds, with old burns from long ago,and no visible muscles. David looks in the mirror and sees no privates, “why was I born with no genitals” David says while questioning his body in disappointment.

David turns on the water on the coldest, he steps into the bathtub, “just like the buckets back in the village” David says with a smile while submerging himself in water.

David has his bath which doesn’t take too long, David rinses off and grabs a towel from his towel rack and dries himself, he gets the clothes he had worn earlier and puts it in his laundry basket.

David walks out the washroom and goes into his room and wears his pyjamas, “it's finally time for sleep, after such a long day” David mutters as he gets on the ground and lies on the futon and falls asleep immediately.

1