THE UNEXPECTED BOND
129 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My heart raced with urgency. The unfamiliar surroundings of the room only added to my confusion. Before I could fully comprehend what was happening, Tyco Nestoris and several male Dothraki burst into the room, their faces etched with concern.

"Are you alright? Tyco asked, his voice laced with worry.

I took a moment to catch my breath before responding. I think so," I stammered, still trying to piece together the fragments of my memory. "Where am I?"

Nestoris stepped forward, his eyes scanning the room as if searching for any signs of danger. "You are in one of Master Mo Nakhlo's mansions in the city of Astapor," he explained. "You passed out suddenly, and we brought you here."

Looking at the armed Dothraki, my hand instinctively reached for my saber, finding solace in its familiar texture. I was quite relieved to find it still there. But then, recalling my promise to the good masters that I would protect the city of Astapor, I knew they wouldn't have harmed me as it was not in their interest.

What shocked me, however, was the presence of the Dothraki in the room.

After all, the Dothraki would greatly benefit if they took me out of the picture.

So you can understand my confusion when Nestoris, who fully understood the weight of the situation, stood before me, seemingly comfortable despite the presence of the Dothraki.

Sensing my tension, the armed nomads slowly began to back off as they noticed my hand on the hilt of the saber. Things were becoming even more perplexing. It was then that Tyco intervened.

"Relax, Lord Eron. The Dothraki are on her side now."

I couldn't help but think, 'God, I thought he was explaining. Why is it getting more confusing?'

Tyco smiled and continued, "You should have seen her; she looked like a goddess with the dragons on her shoulders."

The mere mention of dragons sent shivers of excitement down my spine. Slowly, the puzzle pieces started to come together. Could Tyco be referring to Danaerys? And if so, how the hell did she manage to get her hands on the eggs that were on Viserys' ship in the harbor?

I had just healed her, and as far as anyone knew, she was my slave. But in reality, I had just bought her freedom. The eggs and everything belonging to the Dothrakias, as well as the unsullied, technically belonged to me since I forced them to surrender.

I wanted to ask more questions, but then I thought better of it. After all, I could just ask Danaerys herself. Plus, time was not on my side; I needed to make my way to KingsLanding.

"Where is Danaerys?" I asked Tyco, who hesitated for a moment before responding.

"She is outside the city gates, where the Dothraki and the unsullied are camped," he replied.

Just then, a man burst into the room, nearly knocking down the door. With just one look, I recognized him as a different version of Mo Nakhlos. This one lacked all his usual pompousness and arrogance, and Missandei was right behind him.

The good master started spewing words in Valerian, and Missandei began translating.

"Master is pleased that you're awake. He wants to remind you of your promise to protect the city of Astapor."

My head felt like it was being bombed from within. What the hell was going on? I yelled in confusion, "How long have I been unconscious?"

"Three days," Nestoris answered immediately. What? I had been out cold for three whole days. This news really rattled my nerves.

I've had even bigger fits in the past, like when I force-jumped the Wall to escape from Westeros in my earlier days. But nothing had drained me as much as to require three days of unconsciousness. Danaerys must have been on the verge of death to have drained me that much. In fact, I began to suspect that if I hadn't shared some of my life force with her, she would have died.

Curious about why her master seemed worried, I asked Missandei. However, it was Nestoris who answered.

"Well, the princess somehow reached an agreement with the Dothraki Khal, and now both the Dothraki and the Unsullied are threatening to sack the city unless the good masters free all the slaves, including her," Tyco said, pointing at Missandei.

"Well... that sounds like Danaerys; trust her to find a way around something," I thought to myself. I was, however, curious about the deal they had reached with Khal Drogo, considering he was one of the people responsible for her slavery. But there was still something I didn't understand.

"Wait, I bought the Unsullied. How can they follow her? She doesn't have the scourge, right?" I asked, puzzled. Nestoris could only afford one word in response.

"She does."

I looked around the room for the scourge I had taken from Viserys.

"Well, you were unconscious, and your ship had departed. Since you had just bought her before you passed out, she was the only person related to you, so she had access to this room most times," Nestoris explained. I smiled to myself. I didn't see any harm in this, as I had also intended for her to have both armies. She just played ahead of my plans.

"You said she has dragons?" I asked anxiously, my curiosity piqued. The banker's eyes took on a distant look as he responded.

"I saw her emerge from the fire with three of them," Tyco answered, his voice filled with awe.

My mind almost stopped. Memories of the scenes I had witnessed while healing the girl flooded my thoughts. There was something that didn't make sense, a moment before I blacked out.

Danaerys had stared at me in confusion, but as my vision blurred, I could have sworn I heard her voice in my head, asking, "Where is New York?" I had brushed it off at the time, but now, with all these details, I couldn't ignore it any longer. My instincts told me there was truth to it.

Could it be possible? If what I had heard was correct, it could only mean one thing, and it was something I dreaded considering.

Had I somehow transferred some force abilities to Danaerys when I shared my life force with her?

How else could she tap into my thoughts and see my plans?

For my own sake, I hoped I was mistaken. Maybe it was just a one-time occurrence.

But everything I had been told aligned with my suspicions. How else could Danaerys have known my intentions for her to lead the armies and hatch the dragons? How else could she know she was a true dragon, impervious to fire? How else could she have known the location of the eggs? And how else could she have known I wouldn't fight her?

She must have known I had sworn to protect Astapor and that even with both armies under her command, she still stood no chance against me.

It couldn't all be a mere coincidence. These questions had only one answer. Danaerys now could read my thoughts and uncover all my plans. God knows what else she was capable of.

10 chapters ahead at ,patreon.com/realmsinus

4