Ch 28 Whispers of Lightning: Get Lost
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*zzz-fwoosh*

*zzz-swish*

Weiss’s hard punches mixed with static electricity made a loud spark throughout the research room. Ravyn, who should not be in such a state to fight, is able to dodge a knuckled swing followed by Weiss's kick while still holding Yu in her arm.

...How is that possible? This girl was still in serious condition before, and even if I lost the top speed mode for continuous teleportation, how could she dodge my attacks that were several times faster than before?...

Weiss wondered before being hit by a punch.

*Bwok!*

Ravyn's fist smashed into Weiss's face, sending his figure filled with white energy back into the distance. The gray smoke rising from the ridge of her fist was burned by the contact of intense energy. However, the purple-haired girl glanced at her hand indifferently and hurriedly retreated, taking Yu to Kanji, who was hiding behind one of the energy furnaces in the lab.

######

A few minutes before Ravyn and Kanji went up the stairs to find Yu...

"Is that what you say to the guy who had to climb back up the drain with difficulty to help you? Anyway, I already told you that I would introduce you to my younger siblings during their term break. We all have to make it out of here together."

Kanji was acting cool and supported Ravyn, who was about to stumble again. But actually, his legs were still trembling with fear, knowing what he was going to face. Ravyn then looked at the young man's legs without saying a word. Kanji couldn’t stand her gaze and said his real reason for coming back to Ravyn.

"Okay.. I can't go on alone in those dim and flickering lights in that pipe. That's a scary place!.. Anyhoo, you might want to take back what you said about I can't talk to the guards."

As soon as Kanji finished his words, a group of Weiss’s guards walked in front of Ravyn and Kanji to both their left and right sides and put their hands behind their backs.

"Thank you for saving us, brother. Besides hurting our client, we are ready to help you with anything."

The guards in worn-out suits from fighting Donkey spoke at the same time. Ravyn was a little shocked at what had happened to these people, so Kanji gave her a thumbs up to reassure her friend. Taking a closer look at Kanji's body, Ravyn found that he was still wounded by the fall despite giving him some medicine.

…I see. You took that chance to win hearts from the wounded that clashed with the intruders, huh...

Ravyn was relieved, as though her unthinkable troubles were over.

"Good. Does anyone know where the key to the power source's manual room is hidden?"

######

*zzz-swish* *Bwok!*

*Bam!* *zzz-fwoosh*...

Weiss swung his glowing white knuckles at Ravyn, creating a long streak of white lightning. Ravyn caught his wrist in time and countered with a punch to his right cheek, followed by a kick that sent Weiss bouncing back in the original direction, crashing into and scattering the energy capsule.The lightning figure then rushed back and hit the purple-haired girl, whose atmosphere swarmed with gray smoke.

*pow!*

zzz-swish* *Bam!*...

Weiss could only give Ravyn shallow cuts with his strikes before being knocked over by her and sending him off to the corner of the room again. Although Ravyn didn't move around as much as Weiss, she was able to retaliate whenever Weiss charged in, creating a lightning bolt approaching and further away, circling the purple-haired girl in the center.

"Ten years is too long for me. So I'm going to defeat you right here, right now."

Ravyn, still bleeding and looking terrible, told the opponent in front of him. A dark gray atmosphere steadily poured out of her body.

...Gray aura.. ‘Enhancement’ like Freja? How the hell?!...

Weiss also noticed it. The atmosphere was similar to that of the Donkey executive he had just as recently killed.

*Bam!* *zzz-swish*…

Ravyn delivered an uppercut to the white energy figure’s chin and narrowly swayed away from his fists. After exchanging attacks for a moment, Weiss was kicked and his face turned to a power supply capsule that Kanji was trying to turn off. The young man's one hand held the power supply manual, and the other one held a small part of a yellowish-brown root. It's the same root that Ravyn bought from Themeise’s southern black market.

...So that was it! She is pushing her body too hard right now. That's the smoke that comes from burning. Condition like that.. The famous Sun Candle’s root? The temporary limit-breaking herb that required inhaling a small amount of its burnt vapor for the body to flood with adrenaline and over-stimulate one's nervous system in exchange for increased pain sensitivity. But isn’t it working too well for a performance-enhancing herb?...

*Bash!*

Before the white energy figure could make any further analysis, he was kicked into his torso with a gray smoke-covered kick. The purple-haired girl also suffered from a strong impact from her own attack and let smoke come out of her mouth.

... Don't tell me .. That’s suicide! Burning the root of the sun candle tree with electricity and eating it?!...

The concentration of the volatile substance she took was too concentrated for a normal human body, but in Ravyn's heavily trained body's case, it helped keep her standing and enhanced her reaction time and motor coordination. It certainly didn't help her become more durable, and taking only a direct hit from Weiss would have killed her. But being responsive enough to fend off Weiss' attacks and counter him at the moment is all Ravyn needs.

"Hey, What possible good would it do? Are you willing to die for your new good-for-nothing friend? I'm the only one that can help you."

Weiss tried to convince Ravyn to calm down for the sake of his plan.

"Not anymore, Weiss. And until I get my revenge, I'm not going to die."

" You insolence! There's no way you can take revenge on Undre if you don't help me!"

*zzz-fwoosh* *Bwok!*...

A figure of white light continued to teleport to attack the girl who emitted a gray atmosphere. He relentlessly discouraged Ravyn, whose body had been pushing its limits for a while.

"It hurts so much that you can barely stand, isn't it?"

*zzz-fwoosh*

Weiss's lightning kick still missed the target.

"My patience is at an end. Die!"

*Bwok!!* *zzz-*

After dodging Weiss's kick, which was somewhat distracted by his unstable emotions, Ravyn slams her interlocked-fingered fist into the back of his head.

"Ugh! Alright! This is not your business anymore!"

Weiss shouted in frustration that, despite seeing what Ravyn was going to do next, she was too fast for his special body to deal with. A purple-haired girl with smoke erupting from her skin swayed, ducking the lightning from Weiss's knuckles and spinning back to kick into his chest.

*-fwoosh!* *Bash!*

"Get lost!"

*Bam!*

Weiss started throwing a random punch, which was countered by Ravyn with a kick in the crook of his left knee. As Weiss loses his composure, his gap opens for Ravyn to throw her deal-sealing fist at Weiss. But then that attacking fist suddenly stopped, as if the engine's battery suddenly died. The purple-haired girl's body fell in front of Weiss, who had thought he was done for.

"I am totally freaked out."

Weiss, whose white light had started to fade slightly from his body due to his exertion in battling Ravyn, let out a sigh of relief before kicking her out of his walking path.

"Nobody can stop me, haha!"

Weiss laughed with satisfaction and celebrated. Way too early.

"It's time to move on from the scum who doesn't appreciate you."

Ravyn, lying face down on the floor, spoke to her friend.

"Goodbye Weiss"

Yu's voice sounded behind him. Upon turning around, Weiss saw a brown-haired girl who had gathered her strength in her right hand, wrapped in an intense golden aura that shook the entire facility. She thrust the finishing blow towards Weiss's epigastric region so hard.

*SMAASHH!!!*

"arRHggh!!..."

"Get him, girl!"

Kanji cheered for Yu wholeheartedly as he was sent flying towards the edge of the stairs due to the impact. The gray-haired man finally fainted and was defeated. Before Weiss returned to his normal human form, the strong impact damaged some of the energy sources and destroyed the facility's vital structures to the extent that they were about to collapse. Without delay, Kanji rushed to the center of the room that was about to crumble down. The two girls wanted to stop him, but no one had the strength to do so.

*Crash!* *clang!*

Fragments from the upper floor collapsed where Kanji ran. Plus, the standing floor was falling down, separating Ravyn Yu and Kanji.

"Kanji!"

Yu shouted in shock. Instead, she hurried to grab Ravyn, who couldn't even move her pinkie finger, to safety.

After a few hours of searching through the ruins of Yu's research center with all her might, she finally found Kanji. The young man was lying unconscious because he was trapped under the rubble, but on the outside he was not badly injured. In his arms, he hugged the obsolete AB-branded pistol that Ravyn always carried. Yu, carrying Ravyn on her back until now, checked Kanji’s pulse and started to break a smile on her face.

"You guys are so cute.~"

Her sad, serious voice over the past few days had now returned to its original clear voice. Yu picks up little Kanji in a princess pose. Then three of them are back out to the local hospital, where doctors and nurses are rushing to take care of them.

 

0