Chapter 2: Takamagahara and the Sun God
183 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uvn..."

"Oh, you're awake, Tomo-san."

...

"Who are you? And why do you know my name?"

Upon waking up, Tomo found herself in a luxurious room reminiscent of Chinese or Korean historical dramas. In the room stood a tall, beautiful woman wearing an exquisite kimono and a celestial robe, giving off an aura of divinity.

Why is she so tall?

"I apologize for the delayed introduction. I am Amaterasu Omikami, the Sun Goddess of Takamagahara."

...

Huh?

Amaterasu Omikami in Takamagahara... The primary deity in Japanese mythology associated with the sun?

"Oh, you're quite familiar with it."

Seriously?!

Why is the main deity of Takamagahara from Japanese mythology in front of me?!

Did she know my name because she's a goddess?!

"Well, it's understandable that you're confused. For now, come this way."

Saying that, Amaterasu Omikami lifted me up as if scooping me with her hands.

What is this situation?

I feel like I have no sense of my body or something.

While I was in a state of confusion, Amaterasu Omikami placed me on a round wooden desk and took a seat on a chair.

It seems I was lying on a bed all this time.

"First of all, you're dead," she said without hesitation.

"... Seriously?"

I was told something outrageous all of a sudden.

And she said it with a refreshing smile.

However, I have a clue.

"I suppose I know the reason. It's because of Yuusuke-kun, isn't it?"

"Ah, so it was that idiot after all."

As expected.

That troublemaker!

"Yes, originally as the hero of the world called Eldoa, he was supposed to be summoned alone, but due to him involving you, your physical body collapsed. I hastily pulled out only your soul," Amaterasu Omikami said, taking out a handheld mirror from her bosom and directing it towards me.

What was reflected there was a shining, palm-sized mass.

Apparently, this is the form of a soul.

It appeared larger because I was small.

There are already too many strange things happening, and I can't even be surprised anymore.

"I apologize for the trouble, Amaterasu Omikami."

"You don't have to worry about addressing me formally. Just call me Amaterasu."

Ah, as expected of a goddess.

How divine.

And incredibly kind.

"Don't be disheartened. I have a proposal for you."

"Huh?"

A proposal?

I wonder what it could be.

"It's about putting you into another body and sending you to Eldoa."

Huh?

What does that mean?

Actually, the god of the world that summoned Yūsuke, the Elku god, is a close friend of mine, and we often have tea together.

Wait a minute! How can you have interactions with gods from another world?

Well, if you're a god, crossing to another world is easy.

She replied with a smile.

However, only gods or those who have received divine protection can pass through the gate. Most people like you would have their physical bodies and souls collapse.

What a revelation. So if Amaterasu hadn't pulled me up, my soul would have disappeared?

I should have just punched that Yūsuke guy without holding back even once...

Based on what you've told me, it seems that the magic circle has an effect of receiving divine protection, so the formal summoner would be fine, but as an irregular like me, my physical body collapsed.

You're quick to grasp the situation, as I expected.

Amaterasu-sama expressed her admiration and said it happily.

Well, I'm used to understanding the situation of things.

"It was I who chose him, but he is too dense, unaware of suspicion towards others, and completely oblivious to his surroundings. I realized this when I investigated earlier. Once I send him, even as a god, I am a god of Earth, so while I can send him to the other world, I cannot see what happens there. I mentioned earlier that gods can travel back and forth, but it is only within the worlds where gods reside, like Takamagahara or Olympus in the world of Earth."

Ah, so just as gods can only go to the world where gods reside, humans can only go to the world where humans live.

And the gods of other worlds cannot see the worlds managed by the gods of those worlds.

The summoning of a hero is done when that world is in crisis and when they determine that they alone cannot handle it.

It is meant to call upon someone who has received the divine protection of a god.

And this time, that idiot Yūsuke was chosen.

I suppose I'm here because I've become a mere existence of a soul.

The Elku god and the other gods of Eldoa also cannot interfere in the mortal realm for the stability of the world. However, I've started to feel uneasy about leaving my friend in charge of that world...

Yes, that's exactly it.

As someone who has been childhood friends with him for many years, I understand.

That guy, wherever he goes, triggers romantic flags left and right, and the members of the hero party are all beautiful women. He is easily trusted by people of the same sex, but he attracts negative emotions like jealousy from some men. Yet, he is completely unaware of all of that. On top of that, he's naive and gullible! He's being deceived by those in power, and he's nowhere near capable of bringing peace to the world!!

On the contrary, will it not worsen?

I'm starting to feel anxious...

"Yes... now that I think about it, I also made a mistake in choosing a person."

Amaterasu-sama was regretful, holding her head.

Well, considering the appearance and monstrous abilities, it's a perfect fit though.

"So, I have a favor to ask of you!"

"...I can't believe it."

A bad premonition.

"Besides the hero, please defeat the Demon King!"

Ah, there it is!

"From now on, I will transfer you to a body I have created. The appearance will be the same as your original body, so you won't feel any discomfort. With my divine protection, I have set your physical and magical abilities even higher than Yusuke, who was summoned. You will be able to hold your own against the Demon King right from the start. Of course, I have also ensured that you understand knowledge, language, and can read and write! I have also prepared a sword and armor specifically made for you!"

Quite efficient in preparations!

Well, I suppose she feels a sense of responsibility because it's for the sake of her friend's world.

It seems this deity is really considerate of her friends.

"Moreover, you are still too young. I cannot send you back to Earth, but sending you to another world is the only way for you to survive... I apologize for mistiming everything."

I see, it seems she did it out of concern for me.

In that case, I can't refuse.

It appears I'm quite a soft-hearted person as well.

"I understand, I'll accept your offer."

"Really! Thank you so much!! Let's transfer you to your new body right away."

Saying that, Amaterasu-sama carried me again and we moved to the adjacent room.

On the bed in that room, there lay unmistakably me.

It must be the attire for the world I'm about to go to—a fantasy-inspired Western-style outfit with a focus on black, paired with brown boots.

"I chose pants for your outfit to ensure ease of movement. I thought black suits you the best."

Indeed, it looks comfortable to move in.

And I like the color.

I don't know why, but I'm starting to get excited about the world I'm about to visit, probably because I've always been fond of fantasy.

Amaterasu-sama places me onto that body.

Then, I smoothly blend into it.

"........"

"What do you think?"

I sat up and tested my neck, arms, and legs.

No sense of discomfort whatsoever.

"It's fine."

I stood beside Amaterasu-sama.

Our eye level became about the same.

"That's a relief. Now, here are your weapons and armor."

As she said that, I looked in that direction.

......

"It's black."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You don't like it? I thought it would suit you perfectly."

"Well, it's fine..."

I looked at the glossy black plate armor and helmet.

It looks like a black knight from a game.

Beside them was a matching black katana with a black hilt and scabbard.

Honestly, I'm thrilled about this.

"Wow! I love swords!!"

I pulled it out slightly from the scabbard.

The blade was like obsidian and beautiful.

But of course, it's black...

"The name of that sword is 'Sakuya.' It's a holy sword I made specifically for you."

"A holy sword?"

It looks more like a demonic sword, though.

"That sword, unlike the holy sword 'Dunamis' that Yūsuke-kun should have, can't unleash sword pressure, but it's the only blade capable of cutting through dragons. The scabbard has a barrier that can withstand even powerful attacks. It can defend against the attacks of the Demon Lord. Its appearance certainly resembles a demonic sword, but it is a genuine holy sword infused with divine energy."

"That's pretty amazing in various ways."

By the way, "Dunamis" means ability, potential state, and latent state, right?

So it's a sword with hidden potential?

No, wait, Yūsuke's holy sword can't unleash sword pressure!?

What kind of cheat is that?

"Oh, and 'Sakuya' is actually stronger than 'Dunamis.' It can even cut through sword pressure."

......

My sword is the real cheat here.

"By the way, only Chie-san can handle it. You can't draw it from the scabbard, and if it's drawn, it's too heavy for anyone other than you."

...Ah, I see. You're making sure it won't be misused!

Yes, exactly.

I see. Indeed, if such a powerful weapon were misused, it would be a problem.

"Now let me explain the armor. When you wear this armor, you won't feel its weight, and it will protect you from heat and cold. No matter how much you're attacked, you won't be injured."

So, does that mean it won't get crushed either?

Of course not.

She said that with a smile.

Even the armor is a cheat.

"But if you receive an impact while in mid-air, your body will still be damaged. Armor is designed to defend by channeling the received impact into the ground."

Ah, I understand.

No matter how much of a cheat it is, it's not omnipotent, huh?

"Also, be aware that even with your enhanced body, you can still get injured by the attacks of dragons, high-level demons, and the Demon Lord, especially if you're standing on the ground."

"What happens if it's not me?"

"You'll die instantly."

......

That's too dangerous.

Well, I guess if I use the scabbard skillfully, it should be fine.

"Also, the long red stone embedded in the eye area of the helmet is called Magic Saltpeter. It's a stone that accumulates magical power. It allows you to see clearly even in darkness and change your voice at will."

"Change my voice?"

It has that kind of function too?

Yes, it's a rather dangerous world, so I thought it would be important to hide your identity. By the way, it's also designed like secret boots to make you about 5 cm taller.

Ah, I see!

Indeed, just being a woman would make you look down upon, and it's important not to give information to enemies by hiding your true identity.

Among the knowledge I received from Amaterasu, in Eldoa, the height of women ranges from 150 to 170 cm, and the height of men ranges from 170 to 190 cm.

Since my height is 165 cm, when wearing the armor, I will be 170 cm tall, which is a height that doesn't look strange for both men and women.

Moreover, when wearing the armor, it's impossible to determine whether I'm male or female, making it perfect for concealing my true identity.

Then I'll make sure my true identity isn't revealed over there.

That would be for the best. It seems you weren't a particularly eye-catching person on Earth, but in Eldoa, there are no humans with an East Asian appearance, and no one with black hair and black eyes.

Yes, that information is also included in the knowledge.

Understood, I'll be careful.

Now, try touching the armor and Sakuya, please.

I do as instructed and touch the armor and Sakuya.

Then, the armor and Sakuya turn into black mist and gather on my right wrist.

When the mist disappears, it turns into a silver bracelet with a black stone embedded in the center.

That's the standby state. When you put on the armor, concentrate strongly and wish for it. The same goes for taking it off.

"Um, why does it turn into black mist?"

"That's because your attribute is darkness."

Ah, I see. So I have the darkness attribute.

"Magic can create its unique spells based on your imagination."

That's helpful. Honestly, I have the knowledge, but it seems difficult to master.

"Before you go, please put on the armor."

I concentrate strongly to put on the armor.

Then, black mist gathers around me, and when it clears, my entire body is enveloped in armor.

Sakuya is attached to my left waist.

I really didn't feel any weight at all.

"Well, you make a wonderful Black Knight."

"Is that so?"

I feel embarrassed, like I'm cosplaying.

"Now, I will open the gate. Here is a small amount of money for your use in the other world."

I'm handed a bag containing brown coins.

What could this be?

It's quite heavy.

While I'm thinking that, Amaterasu shades her hand and opens the gate.

It looks like the space is twisting.

"Eldoa, where you're about to go, is a forest near the capital in the imperial territory, which is a holy country where the summoning of heroes took place four years ago. According to the story I heard from the Elk God, it seems to be a country ruled by an emperor who is excellent and beloved by the people, so it should be relatively safe. If you plan to live there, I recommend it. The reason for sending you four years ago is to provide you with knowledge and physical enhancement, but also to give you practical combat experience."

"I understand."

"I can only assist you up to this point. Now, Black Knight Tomoe, may fortune be with you."

"Yes, Amaterasu-sama."

I leaped into the gate.

To the new world where the new me will live.

By the way...

Even though I'm not riding a horse, why am I called a knight?

And to top it off, a Black Knight...

To be continued

Please comment any corrections that should be made.

1