Chapter 52: Selling at a Good Price
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The village chief raised an eyebrow and said, "If the fish dies and the net breaks, the Demonic Sect would also suffer countless casualties, wouldn't it? Why must we push each other to the limit? If, because of us old cripples, your esteemed sect suffers heavy losses, Grandmaster Yankang would be delighted to see it happen and seize the opportunity to incorporate the Demonic Sect. What do you think?"

The young grandmaster nodded and said, "Indeed, Grandmaster Yankang has been seeking an opportunity to subjugate our sect and make us submit to the court. However, our sacred scriptures have been lost, and the leader of our sect has been killed. It's almost as if our sect has already been destroyed. If Brother Dao insists on going it alone, the little village you protect may have to face the Demonic Sect. Unfurl the flag!"

The law enforcement elder beside him bowed and said, "Yes, Grandmaster. Unfurl the flag!"

The three hundred and sixty Hall Masters each took out a large flag and, with a swish, unfurled the flags. The flags fluttered and billowed in the wind.

Qin Mule looked on and saw that the three hundred and sixty flags were getting wider and larger, each flag measuring about several acres in size.

"Retract the flags," the young grandmaster commanded.

The law enforcement elder shouted loudly, "Retract the flags!"

One by one, the large flags were rolled up, their surfaces disappearing. Then Qin Mule saw tens of thousands of divine practitioners behind the flag surfaces. Each of them had an imposing appearance, standing tall like spears, without making the slightest sound, giving off an indescribable sense of awe.

The village chief sighed and said, "The teleportation flags of the Demonic Sect are indeed worthy of their reputation. With a single unfurling and retracting of the flags, tens of thousands of divine practitioners can directly enter the Great Ruins. It's no wonder Grandmaster Yankang is eager to subdue the Demonic Sect. If he obtains this kind of divine power possessed by the Demonic Sect, the forces of Yankang will sweep across the world, unifying the various nations!"

The young grandmaster sighed, "Without a leader, our sect is currently like scattered sand. In these forty years, the situation of our Demonic Sect has become increasingly difficult. I suspect that Grandmaster Yankang is about to lose patience and take action against our sect. Both you and I are getting old and don't have much time left. Now, we can only hope to find an astonishingly talented new sect leader."

The village chief's eyes flickered as he said, "So, killing the wife of the former sect leader on their wedding night makes her the best candidate in your eyes?"

Young Patriarch nodded and sighed, "Brother Dao, you also know how rare it is to find a stunning and wise sect leader. Although our Demonic Sect has many followers, there are very few who have the ability to take on the role of a sect leader, let alone match the former sect leader's wife. In desperation, we can only find the sect leader's wife and welcome her back to the sect to take on the role of the sect leader."

The village chief glanced at Granny Si and felt a headache coming on. He said, "I heard that this sect leader's wife killed your esteemed sect's Leader Litianxing. Why would you want her to become the new sect leader instead of seeking revenge for the former leader? Isn't the leader's death a great humiliation for your esteemed sect?"

The young grandmaster's eyes gleamed, and he smiled, "Brother Dao, you forget that we are the Demonic Sect. We cannot reason based on common logic. If the new sect leader kills the old sect leader, it means that the new sect leader is even more capable and naturally deserves to be revered!"

The village chief's expression became strange, and Qin Mule and the pharmacist beside him also looked extremely puzzled. The Demonic Sect actually had this rule?

"Granny, is this rule real?" the pharmacist asked.

Granny Si nodded mechanically.

The pharmacist couldn't help but ask, "If there is such a rule, then why didn't you stay in the Demonic Sect as the new sect leader after killing the old sect leader?"

Granny Si replied bitterly, "I killed him, and I couldn't bear to stay in the Demonic Sect any longer. If I stayed there, my inner demons would only grow stronger."

The pharmacist still couldn't understand. In his opinion, it was already difficult to comprehend the Demonic Sect's forty-year-long wait and search for the person who killed their leader to become the new sect leader. But Granny Si, on the other hand, was avoiding and evading, which was even harder to understand.

The village chief smiled slightly and said to the young grandmaster, "If Granny is unwilling to go with you, you cannot take her forcefully."

The young grandmaster frowned and said, "I want the sect leader's wife and the Great Yutian Demonic Scripture. I must take them with me."

They locked eyes.

The village chief served tea and said, "If guests refuse to leave, we can only eliminate them. There are too many people from the Demonic Sect, and we won't make enough coffins. The people from our era are becoming fewer and fewer, and I truly feel reluctant."

The young grandmaster finished his tea, put down the cup, and stood up, saying, "I feel the same way. However, there are few people in your village, so I can arrange enough coffins."

"Hold on!"

Granny Si suddenly spoke up and smiled, "Village chief, pharmacist, why don't you two go back to the village first, and let me have a talk with the grandmaster! If we can't come to an agreement, then we'll have a decisive battle. If we can reconcile, it would be a happy outcome, wouldn't it?"

The village chief glanced at her, and Granny Si smiled, "Don't worry, I can handle being taken away by them."

The village chief nodded and said, "Pharmacist, Mule, let's go back to the village first."

After they returned to the village, Granny Si sat down in front of the young grandmaster and said, "Law Enforcement Elder, you may leave."

"Yes, Madam."

The Law Enforcement Elder bowed and slowly retreated.

Granny Si's eyes were bright as she looked at the young grandmaster opposite her. The young grandmaster sighed, "You were originally the Holy Maiden of our sect, with outstanding talent and unparalleled beauty. When Litianxing wanted to marry you, I was actually against it."

"But you didn't stop it."

Granny Si smiled and said, "Litianxing was my master. A master marrying a disciple goes against the norms of society. Is our Holy Sect so holy that it disregards even the norms of human relationships?"

The young grandmaster frowned and said, "When Litianxing took you as his disciple, I knew it was wrong. I was afraid that being in close proximity to you day and night would completely captivate him and cloud his judgment. He did indeed fall under your spell, to the point of abandoning his previous wife, who had been his companion for hundreds of years, and wanting to marry you as his new wife."

Granny Si ground her few remaining teeth and giggled, "You knew he would be captivated by me, so why did you let him take me as his disciple? Grandmaster, you should have taken me as your disciple instead! If I had become your disciple, none of this would have happened!"

"I was afraid that being in close proximity to you day and night would captivate me as well."

The young grandmaster smiled bitterly, "The first time I saw you, you were only thirteen years old, yet my heart suddenly beat violently a few times. At that moment, I knew I couldn't take you as my disciple. I am already old, and I don't want my lifetime of glory to be ruined by you. If my master fell in love with his disciple, I would be ridiculed by others."

He sighed and said, "Very few people who have seen your true appearance can resist being captivated by you. The longer they stay with you, the deeper the enchantment."

Granny Si continued to grind her teeth, smiling in a somewhat eerie manner, "If that's the case, why did you let me become the sect leader? Aren't you afraid that I will destroy the Holy Sect?"

The young grandmaster said, "You are the best candidate. I also feel that you have a touch of calamity and becoming the sect leader might bring chaos to our Holy Sect. However, in these forty years, we have traveled far and wide, searching for exceptional young talents, but none of them compare to you. They all fall short of becoming the sect leader by a narrow margin."

He sighed and looked despondent, "After seeing the best, everything else seems lacking."

"I won't go back."

Granny Si smiled slyly and said, "But I can give you another sect leader, along with the revered scripture, the Great Yu Heavenly Demon Scripture."

The young grandmaster's expression flickered and he asked, "Give us another sect leader? How is that possible?"

In the dilapidated village, Qin Mu, the village chief, and the pharmacist stared intently, observing every move and conversation between Granny Si and the grandmaster of the demonic sect. They conversed happily, laughing and surprising everyone.

As Granny Si and the grandmaster of the demonic sect continued their conversation, they looked back towards the village. The grandmaster smiled and whispered something to Granny Si.

After a moment, Granny Si tiptoed back to the village, smiling and said, "We've come to an agreement."

"An agreement?"

The people's expressions were strange, and the cripple expressed doubt, with a smile on his face, "When will the fight start?"

"No need for a fight."

Granny Si blinked her eyes, "But they will stay here for a while before leaving in a few days."

The people's hearts trembled. The demonic sect had said they would leave after some time. What kind of medicine were they really selling?

Granny Si smiled slyly, "Old Ma, Mule says his Tyrant Body Qi has acquired the Azure Dragon attribute. Why don't you test if he has made any progress?"

"The Tyrant Body Qi can mimic the Azure Dragon Qi?"

Mr. Ma was astonished and said, "Mule, come over here and let's have a match!"

Qin Mu hurriedly walked over.

The pharmacist, watching the two of them sparring, moved closer to Granny Si and whispered, "Granny, did you sell Mule?"

Granny Si blinked her eyes and replied seriously, "Why would you say that? Would I sell Mule?"

"How much did you sell him for?" the cripple asked curiously as he approached.

"The position of the junior sect leader in the demonic sect," Granny Si sighed and said, "But it's just a nominal position. I also included the revered scripture, the Great Yu Heavenly Demon Scripture. We'll see how he develops after reaching adulthood. If his progress is satisfactory, he will formally become the sect leader. How does that sound?"

The cripple's eyes lit up, and he breathed heavily, "Is this really happening? Granny, why didn't you find me earlier? Sell me too!"

Granny Si chuckled and said, "If you want to become the sect leader of the Heavenly Demon Sect, it's also simple. Just visit the neighboring village, meet the three hundred and sixty hall masters of the Heavenly Demon Sect, along with the twelve elder protectors, the left and right guardians, the four Heavenly Kings of the sect, and the eight inspector generals. In addition, you'll also need to meet the grandmaster of the demonic sect."

The cripple's face turned pale, and he asked, "Does Mule need to visit the neighboring village to become the junior sect leader too?"

Granny Si sighed helplessly and said, "They want to inspect the goods first. Without inspecting the goods, how can they trust him to be the junior sect leader of the Heavenly Demon Sect?"

0