Chapter 55: The World’s Top Swordsmanship
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am the Rain Hall Master of the Holy Sect, known as Little Rain Master. How about we compare our spells?"

Qin Mu entered the next room, where a woman with peculiar patterned markings on her face, adorned with feather accessories, and holding a bamboo staff with an unknown beast tail tied to it, awaited him. She smiled and said, "In this room, we will compare our spells!"

Qin Mu shook his head and said, "I don't know any spells. Can martial practitioners in the Spirit Womb Realm learn spells?"

The woman smiled and replied, "Why not? Elemental Qi is synonymous with magical power. If you possess magical abilities, you can perform spells. The Lady of our sect is the pinnacle of spellcasting, didn't she teach you? When I was in the Spirit Womb Realm, I started wandering the world, using spells to bring rain to the people. Whenever there was a drought, the people would invite me, which is why they called me the Witch. As my cultivation advanced and my fame grew, I was later called the Little Rain Master. Thanks to the recognition of the Lady, I was appointed as the Rain Hall's Master. However, I'm still far inferior to the Lady. When she was chosen as the Holy Maiden, I wasn't."

Qin Mu was puzzled and asked, "How do you fight with spells?"

The Rain Hall Master sighed and rubbed her temples with her hand, saying, "Why do you know so little? Throughout history, there has always been a conflict between magic and martial techniques, two different paths of cultivation. They often fought each other to the death, considering each other heretics that must be killed. Nowadays, people meet peacefully, but in the past, if you told practitioners of magical abilities that you practiced martial techniques, you would be cut to pieces in an instant! The combat power of magic practitioners is stronger than you can imagine!"

Qin Mu curiously asked, "Does Swordplay belong to spells?"

"No, it doesn't," the Rain Hall Master shook her head. "Swordplay used to be considered a martial technique. Later, practitioners of Swordplay believed they were the orthodox path and called themselves the School of Divine Abilities, labeling practitioners of martial techniques and spells as demonic heretics who must be exterminated. This led to the incident where Grand Preceptor Yan Kang held a gathering, challenging martial technique experts and severely crippling the martial technique faction. Did the Lady not tell you about these things?"

Qin Mu frowned, "Why do they always fight each other? Martial techniques, swordplay, and spells are all supernatural abilities, aren't they? Wouldn't it be better to combine the strengths of all three?"

The Rain Hall Master couldn't help but laugh and cry, "A person's energy is limited. How can they find the time to cultivate all three paths to a profound level? Devoting oneself to one is enough to exhaust a lifetime of time and wisdom. It's also difficult to reach the pinnacle of cultivation. Since everyone cultivates different things, there will naturally be disputes about superiority. No one accepts anyone else, so naturally, they fight to the death."

Qin Mu became excited and said, "Sister, please demonstrate your spell so I can see it. I've never seen a spell before!"

The Rain Hall Master raised her delicate jade hand, with her five fingers pointing downward. With a lift and a shake, mist immediately filled the room, followed by a drizzling rain.

Qin Mu observed carefully and saw that after the rainwater fell to the ground, it flowed up along the walls, circulating repeatedly.

The Rain Hall Master waved her hand, and the rain lines became distinct, resembling strings of a qin. The Rain Hall Master spread her ten fingers apart and plucked the rain lines. A melodious sound resonated in the room, and within the music, the rainwater transformed into a roaring water dragon, charging towards Qin Mu!

Qin Mu reached out his hand and grabbed the water dragon by its weak point, instantly crushing it with a snap.

The Rain Hall Master was astonished. She rapidly plucked the qin strings with her hands, and the rainwater transformed into knives, spears, swords, and halberds, attacking Qin Mu from all directions. The speed was extremely fast, and the temperature in the air dropped rapidly. The rainwater froze, making the power of the transformed weapons even stronger!

Qin Mu flicked his ten fingers, shattering all the knives, spears, swords, and halberds that came at him. He said, "So, this is spellcasting. Sister, does my move count as a spell too?"

Suddenly, his hands burst into raging flames. Using his hands as a blade, he swung and continuously chopped, sending the Rain Hall Master flying.

The Rain Hall Master fell into the courtyard, and her voice filled with surprise and anger came, "You heretic of martial techniques, using martial techniques as spells..."

Qin Mu walked towards the next room, where he saw a disheveled man, half kneeling and half sitting. Next to him was a rectangular sword box with a tightly fastened bronze buckle.

"I am the Sword Hall Master," said the man.

The man didn't stand up and remained in his half-kneeling position. He said, "Since you carry a sword bag, you should understand swordsmanship. Today, we shall compare our sword techniques."

Qin Mu shook his head and said, "I haven't learned swordsmanship."

The Sword Hall Master looked up, surprised, and said, "You haven't learned swordsmanship? Then why do you carry a sword bag? Didn't the Lady of our sect teach you swordsmanship?"

Qin Mu shook his head and said, "My mother-in-law said that there is someone in the village who possesses the world's top swordsmanship. That's why she couldn't pass on the sword techniques of the Demonic Cult to me, for fear that others would stop teaching him."

"The world's top swordsmanship?"

The Sword Hall Master's eyes widened, and his gaze became extremely sharp, as if two sword lights were piercing into Qin Mu's heart. He sneered, "Who dares to boast so much? Show me one move of your so-called world's top swordsmanship. I want to see how much it can surpass our Holy Sect!"

Qin Mu blinked and said, "I've learned other things too, like the Thunder Sound Eight Styles, Heavenly Stealing Leg, Pig-Slaughtering Knife Technique. I've also learned spear techniques, painting skills, hammer techniques..."

The Sword Hall Master gently caressed the sword box beside him and coldly said, "I only want to see your so-called world's top swordsmanship! Everything else is nonsense!"

Qin Mu, feeling helpless, left the wooden building and returned to Canglao Village to explain the situation to Elder Si.

Elder Si exclaimed angrily, "That stubborn Sword Hall Master, he doesn't know how to adapt! And you, Mu'er, you could have just used a knife to chop him into pieces! That would have been a messy end for him!"

Qin Mu hesitated and said, "That wouldn't be honorable."

Elder Si took his hand and led him to the entrance of the village. The village chief and the pharmacist were still brewing tea there, while the Young Ancestor sat across from them, enjoying a drink.

"Village chief, the Sword Hall Master insists on testing Mu'er's swordsmanship."

Elder Si smiled and said, "Why don't you teach him a few moves?"

The village chief frowned and shook his head. "In such a short time, even with my guidance, it would be difficult to surpass him. After all, the Sword Hall Master has immersed himself in swordsmanship for countless years and has his own accomplishments. It's a tall order to expect me to pass on a few moves to him and hope to surpass the Sword Hall Master."

"But fortunately, Mu'er has the Indomitable Body, right?" Elder Si winked.

"The Indomitable Body..."

The village chief's eyelid twitched, feeling regretful. He must have bitten off more than he could chew.

After all, Qin Mu was the one with the "Indomitable Body" that he had firmly believed in. He knew Qin Mu's background very well, and the awakening of his Spirit Embryo had already exceeded his imagination. However, to expect Qin Mu to develop his swordsmanship to the level where he could compete with the most outstanding swordsmen of the Demonic Cult in such a short time was a tall order.

Elder Si had given him this task, and unfortunately, he couldn't refuse.

The village chief pondered for a moment and said, "Mu'er, recite the Danxin Jue you learned from Gu Li Nuan for me."

Qin Mu immediately recited the Danxin Jue, and the village chief nodded approvingly. "The Grandmaster Yan Kang, gathering the top swordsmen of the world, indeed has something up his sleeve. The Danxin Jue's control over the sword is truly unique."

The Young Ancestor sitting across from him also exclaimed in admiration, "Grandmaster Yan Kang is a genius."

The village chief said, "Tell me how Gu Li Nuan explained the Danxin Jue to you. I want to hear it."

Qin Mu explained Gu Li Nuan's teachings, and after a moment of contemplation, the village chief chuckled and said, "Gu Li Nuan kept some secrets to herself."

The village chief pointed out the mistakes in the explanation and Qin Mu immediately attempted the modifications suggested. He then controlled the sword with his Qi and felt that controlling the sword became easier and his strikes became faster. He was greatly impressed.

The Young Ancestor's eyes lit up, and he chuckled, "Gu Li Nuan didn't keep any secrets. It's just that her comprehension is limited, far inferior to Brother Dao. You only needed to listen once to thoroughly comprehend all the intricacies of the Danxin Jue, while she practiced it her entire life and still got it wrong."

"Brother Dao's praise is too kind."

The village chief looked at Qin Mu and calmly said, "I won't teach you swordsmanship. I will only teach you a simple movement: thrust."

"Thrust?"

Qin Mu was taken aback. Thrusting seemed like a simple movement. With the control of his Qi, he could just thrust forward with a regular sword. Did he really need to be taught?

"Thrusting with a sword is not as simple as you imagine. Although you don't know swordsmanship, once you learn this one movement, there will be very few Spirit Embryo realm swordsmen in the world who can surpass you."

The village chief said, "Take an ordinary sword, control it with your Qi, and try to thrust through the butcher's pillar in the village."

Qin Mu activated the Danxin Jue and the thick Qi threads around his arm coiled around a treasured sword inside his sword sheath. He thrust toward the butcher's pillar in the village.

Thud.

Qin Mu thrust the sword through the butcher's pillar, and the tip of the sword appeared from the other side. Then, Qin Mu turned his head and looked at the village chief.

The village chief's expression froze, he coughed, and said, "Now try thrusting through that stone."

Qin Mu circulated his Qi, withdrew the sword from the pillar, and with another "ding" sound, the sharp sword pierced through a stone in front of the village chief. Once again, Qin Mu turned his head innocently and looked at the stiff-faced village chief.

The Young Ancestor was both astonished and amused, but he suppressed his laughter so as not to be disrespectful.

"I forgot, this kid has an immensely profound Qi cultivation. His swordsmanship is extremely poor, but his Qi is incredibly powerful. With the augmentation of his Qi, the power is multiplied."

The village chief felt embarrassed and tried to cover it up with a series of coughs. He said, "Try thrusting your butcher knife this time."

With a crisp sound, Qin Mu failed to pierce the butcher knife.

"Fortunately, it didn't go through. Otherwise, I wouldn't have a way to teach him..."

The village chief secretly breathed a sigh of relief and continued to coax Qin Mu, "When you made that thrust, what did you feel?"

Qin Mu pondered carefully, and his eyes suddenly lit up. "I felt that my Qi wasn't strong enough. When I controlled the sword with my Qi, the tip of the sword was slightly hindered, and it became difficult for my Qi to continue. It's like having a lot of strength but only using a strand of hair to attack. The Qi threads are too soft and can't withstand all of my power."

0