Chapter 1: The Awakening of Godzilla.
1.1k 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

Walking in the depths of the ocean, the ancient beast once known as Godzilla advanced towards the deep sea.

Just like two hundred years ago, when it strolled beneath the melting ancient ice caps, today's Godzilla was in a foul mood.

Yesterday, it had just awakened from its latest slumber. But then, it discovered something strange in its mind and received peculiar information injected into it.

As it opened its eyes from its slumber, besides seeing the pitch-black sea floor, it also noticed something peculiar within its field of view.

"Host Name: Godzilla"

"Height: 218 meters"

"Weight: 640,000 tons"

[Breath: High-temperature plasma...]

...

There was a small panel in the upper left corner of its perspective, displaying ancient symbols that detailed all the information about itself.

It recognized those characters. They were the symbols the little creatures used in their rituals before its ten previous slumbers, back when it resided in the land over the sea with darker, saltier waters. Over the course of hundreds of rituals, it gradually learned to understand them, so it could comprehend the information displayed.

However, understanding the information was one thing, and the transformation itself was another.

Those little creatures perished along with the sinking of the land during its slumber. It hadn't seen those symbols since its ninth slumber. So why were they appearing in its field of vision now?

And it was being tasked to eliminate its own kind.

It glanced down below the panel, where a main mission and several side missions were listed.

"Main Mission: Expel humans from the universe!"

"Damn humans have destroyed the planet's ecosystem! As the representative of this planet, for all the deceased creatures, can you use your atomic breath, Godzilla, to make them leave the universe?"

"Current Completion: 0%"

[Reward: Advanced materials, advanced energy sources, planet's ecological restoration.]

"Side Mission: First Step in Expelling the Universe."

"The awakening of the King of Monsters is accompanied by absolute fury! Destroy any human city."

[Reward: One body strength evolution.]

"Side Mission: The Benevolence of the King of Monsters."

...

These were truly strange missions. Why were they asking me to eliminate their own kind?

It felt puzzled and swayed its body. Then, it stood up from the layer of rock it had spent the past two hundred years in.

Godzilla did not follow the instructions above. It was a pacifist, unlike its fellow creatures who didn't care about the life or death of other beings.

As the oldest member of the Titan species, it cherished those little creatures.

Since its hazy juvenile period millions of years ago, it had witnessed countless lives dwindling and being destroyed, experienced a mass extinction event, and five smaller extinctions. It deeply respected the efforts of these little creatures, whose lifespans were a fraction of its own but created structures and civilizations that even the nearly eternal Titans couldn't construct.

Though their existence was less than ten thousand years, the amazement they brought to it during that time surpassed anything it had experienced in the past hundred million years. When it learned that the continent had sunk into the sea after awakening, it was disheartened for a long time.

However, later discovering their descendants on other continents brought it joy for a while.

But it seemed these descendants did not inherit the reverence for nature from their ancestors; they would even attack them.

After realizing this, Godzilla and its kind gradually disappeared from the sight of these little creatures, waiting for their demise. The Godzillas were patient beings.

Since you don't like us, we're willing to give you this period of time in the world. After all, we are eternal, while you are fleeting.

Making way or not, it doesn't matter.

Swinging its tail, Godzilla emerged from the thousands of meters deep ocean trench. The ocean this time was unexpectedly quiet.

The songs of the whales that once filled the entire ocean had vanished. It seemed they couldn't endure the passing of these two hundred years.

This made it a little unhappy; it quite liked those singers.

But before going to sleep, the number of those singers was already in jeopardy, so it was not surprising that they disappeared after waking up this time. However, it still felt a bit down.

Swimming to the shallow sea, Godzilla prepared to bask in the sunlight, which it hadn't done in a long time. But as it swam, it noticed that something was amiss.

During its ascent, it didn't see any living beings other than itself.

The resilient small fish and shrimps had also vanished, and the seawater had become extremely foul. It was filled with something strange.

That something was capable of killing ordinary life forms and only emitted by luminescent stones deep underground.

In the past, they were extremely rare, and only a few Titans who relied on these stones could find places with a large quantity of them.

But now, they were everywhere in the vast ocean.

No creatures, no life. The once vibrant coral reefs were gone, schools of fish disappeared, and phosphorescent shrimps were nowhere to be found. The ocean was outrageously empty, far emptier than the several extinctions it had witnessed.

Even the ocean during the fall of a celestial body had more life than this!

Godzilla sensed that something was wrong. It emitted a low growl, the sound used by Titans to communicate.

It wanted to know why this was happening from the mouths of the Titans who had awakened during its slumber. But something even more unsettling occurred—its calls received no response from any Titans.

"Growl..."

It amplified its voice, broadcasting its waves with all its strength, but not a single Titan responded, not even when it magnified the sound to the extent that it could wake up Titans still in their slumber. No Titan woke up to answer it.

Unease turned into restlessness. It switched to a different frequency, a natural frequency. It was the wavelength where the will of nature itself resided, the only thing on this planet older than it.

And this time, it received a response.

But it didn't come from outside; it came from within its own body.

Upon receiving this wavelength on the screens in the corners of its eyes, a large amount of information was sent to its brain. This information included everything that had occurred during its two hundred years of slumber.

There were scenes of humans capturing various slumbering Titans and dissecting them to study their mobile nuclear reactors.

There were scenes of the slumbering Titans who were awakened by human weapon bombardment.

There were scenes of humans triumphing against the Titans.

There were scenes of humans engaging in civil war due to various disputes after their victory.

There were scenes of a continuous nuclear war that lasted for decades, causing complete ecological collapse, with only the humans hiding underground surviving.

The surviving humans grew weary of war and returned to the surface.

...

All of humanity's history and knowledge was entrusted to Godzilla, who fully understood everything that had happened while it was asleep.

During its slumber, those insignificant little creatures killed all of its kind and started a civil war, leading to a nuclear conflict that lasted for decades.

Although the initial warring parties launched hundreds of thousands of nuclear missiles, none of them managed to completely destroy the opposing industrial systems, as both sides had anticipated the outcome and secretly relocated a portion of their industries underground.

The war did not cripple everyone at the beginning, so it had to continue.

Nuclear weapons were continuously produced and launched, and even if a wave of destruction occurred, as long as ten percent of the cities remained, the entire industrial system would not be paralyzed, and the war would continue.

Self-sustaining industrial robots were responsible for the production, and as long as one human survived, the war would persist.

At this point, the number of remaining humans was no longer the focus of the war.

Hundreds or thousands of nuclear bombs were manufactured every day, and the same number were detonated. In the process, nuclear reactors were shattered due to the explosions, releasing unimaginable radiation and creating unprecedented nuclear wastelands.

Due to the difficulty for robots to operate under strong radiation, everyone tacitly manufactured dirty bombs, the dirtier, the better.

In this situation, humans barely managed to survive thanks to their technology, but other forms of life couldn't withstand the continuous nuclear warfare.

This war ultimately led to the extinction of over 99 percent of terrestrial life and over 99 percent of marine life. Even insects vanished completely.

The natural consciousness, which had not been impacted by the Permian extinction, also declined in the face of this catastrophe, carrying a sense of helplessness.

It entrusted all of its perceived information and desires to the last titan, Godzilla.

The final wish of the natural consciousness was simple: it wanted Godzilla to eradicate the remaining humans.

It wasn't afraid of its own death.

It simply feared the end of life on this planet. It was afraid that one day, the wars among technologically advanced humans would kill every microorganism on this planet.

Therefore, it requested to expel all remaining humans, so that life on this planet would have a future, and in billions of years, a new ecosystem could evolve.

Exile them all, without leaving anyone behind!

35