Chapter 39: A Day of Fire (Part 1)
203 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When his breath was ready, he began to aim at his target.

Fire!

As Godzilla, running at high speed, aimed at the position where the distant black dots were located, it unleashed its charged attack in that direction.

The concentrated plasma pierced through the atmosphere, traveling at a speed hundreds of times the speed of sound, to strike at the location of the small black dots ahead, covering a distance of fifty kilometers in an ultra-long-range snipe.

The ion beam expanded into a "fire cloud" as it advanced. This was a literal fire cloud, capable of burning a vibrant land into a white wasteland.

The transport aircraft several dozen kilometers away had been flying back, preparing to enter the sea near Osaka to evade Godzilla. But it was too late now; the "fire cloud" created by Godzilla's breath was already approaching the fleet in the sky.

"Faster! Even faster!"

"Keep ascending! Quickly!"

"We're about to make contact! Hold on!"

People inside the transport aircraft shouted commands such as "faster, even faster" and "ascend higher," attempting to evade the flames behind them.

However, no matter how they commanded the AI of the transport aircraft, the heavy transport planes could not accelerate any further because at this moment, they had already reached their maximum speed.

The heavy transport helicopters were already exerting all their power, flying at a speed of 500 kilometers per hour, trying to avoid the "fire cloud" behind them.

The engines were pushed to the maximum, the helicopter wings ascended at the fastest speed, and the heavy helicopters engaged in a life-and-death race against the expanding breath flames.

People are locked in a battle with the approaching breath, trying to fly out as far as possible before the breath covers them, weakening its power to the maximum.

Raising its height to the extreme, the scorching cloud surged from behind, enveloping the entire group of transport planes that Godzilla saw. There was no escape, nowhere to hide.

Even though the breath's power had weakened significantly after spreading over dozens of kilometers, it was still devastating for the human transport planes.

In the breath,

Several dozen of the rearmost heavy transport planes were hit and began to plummet. The remaining planes persevered through the scattered breath until they flew several kilometers away and the outside temperature gradually became bearable. Only then did they manage to avoid "this round" of the breath.

The people in the aircraft cabins cheered excitedly after escaping, but in the next moment, a stronger breath annihilated the entire formation without them having a chance to react.

As for me, I'm still on the ground.

Godzilla saw that a large part of the transport plane fleet was still intact, so it unleashed another breath. It had been chasing the humans and was much faster than their planes.

While the humans were struggling to evade the breath behind them, Godzilla had already closed in within thirty kilometers. At this distance, humans had little chance to resist.

After annihilating the transport plane formation here, Godzilla launched its breath towards two more distant dots in the sky, other formations that hadn't managed to evacuate yet.

Still, some managed to escape.

As soon as the humans knew it was approaching, they immediately scattered and ran, making it impossible for Godzilla to drive them all away at once.

This time, there were thirteen waves of transport plane formations, and Godzilla destroyed five waves before the rest managed to escape into the sea.

In the sea, Godzilla couldn't match the speed of the flying transport helicopters. Its speed reached a maximum of only 150 knots, about 277 kilometers per hour.

The heavy transport planes could reach speeds of up to 500 kilometers per hour, far exceeding Godzilla's speed, making it unable to catch up.

What a pity.

However, destroying so many of them should be enough. It can deal with the remaining humans later! After all, there is still plenty of time.

With that in mind, Godzilla stopped its pursuit of the remaining human forces. It looked around the city it had just entered, Osaka, and realized it hadn't had the chance to explore human cities properly, except for Tokyo.

Godzilla actually liked the cities built by humans. When it was in Tokyo, it spent a long time wandering around and admiring the human cities. Now in Osaka, it felt like it could explore once more.

From its natural memories, Godzilla knew that each human city had its own unique charm, and it was looking forward to experiencing it.

Although humans were despicable, having destroyed almost all non-microbial life on this planet, there was no denying that they were also the most creative and rapidly developing species on Earth.

Moreover, they were the only species that could potentially expand to other worlds in the future, according to the knowledge Godzilla inherited.

Godzilla didn't want to completely dismiss humans, nor did it believe that everything they did was wrong.

Walking through the steel jungle of Osaka, the city built by these little humans was full of orderly industrial beauty.

Tall skyscrapers lined up in an orderly fashion, with buildings getting taller towards the center. All of this was part of the "beauty."

Godzilla could appreciate this sense of beauty, but at the same time, it was regretful because it knew from its natural memories that when this city was lit up with neon lights, it would be even more beautiful.

Unfortunately, by the time it arrived, everything was already without power, and Godzilla would never witness such a sight.

As it walked through the Osaka metropolitan area, this time it was more careful than in Tokyo.

Godzilla tried to avoid crushing various buildings, keeping its perspective low, focusing on the small things that were smaller than its toes.

It had already seen enough tall buildings; it wanted to see other things now.

With this thought in mind, Godzilla discovered many delicate human artifacts and got a glimpse of their current way of life—information it previously did not know after its natural existence ceased during the nuclear war.

And now, Godzilla knew.

Not bad at all.

It saw many shops selling consumer goods, indicating that humans had recovered well after the nuclear war.

Having seen everything it wanted to see, a fire began to build up inside Godzilla. Now...

It was time for destruction.


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

6