Chapter 40: A Day of Fire (2)
224 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The purple breath tore through the sky, cutting off the mountains, incinerating the city, and turning the world into ashes. It revealed the power of a divine being to all who dared to judge us! It purified our sinful creation; this was the first day of fire.

—The Holy Gospel of Godzilla

The atmosphere heated up to nearly a hundred degrees Celsius.

The sky was no longer described as "red"; it had turned black.

Godzilla moved left and right, repeatedly unleashing its breath, turning the front of the city into a raging inferno, creating walls of fire that reached the sky.

Burning the land, scorching the sky. Godzilla melted every building in Osaka into molten iron and concrete sludge, a little payback for its visit to this city, making it a bit cleaner.

Dozens, nearly a hundred breaths turned Osaka into a burning hell. Godzilla switched between different breath types, thoroughly destroying the city.

At first, Godzilla continuously spewed dozens of breaths in all directions, destroying the overall structure of the entire urban area.

Even its interface signaled that the mission was accomplished.

But Godzilla was not satisfied with just the basic destruction. It had no intention of stopping.

As mentioned earlier, as a return for its visit, Godzilla wanted to burn Osaka a bit more to ensure it wouldn't become a temporary base for humans or anything of the sort.

It was a kind gesture.

So, on top of the initial destruction, Godzilla conducted another inspection to see if any buildings had survived the shockwaves and explosions.

Upon closer examination, Godzilla indeed found quite a few intact structures. So, it decided to add another round of destruction to the remaining buildings.

For the larger building clusters that remained mostly intact despite the shockwaves, Godzilla used a concentrated breath to send them soaring into the sky.

For the areas where only some buildings were still standing, Godzilla switched modes and slowly roasted them with low-power breath from its active reactor.

It took considerable effort for Godzilla to completely destroy the remaining structures in Osaka.

It was indeed time-consuming work, but Godzilla considered it necessary. By doing this, it completely eliminated any possibility of humans returning to this area.

During the cleansing of Osaka, Godzilla used its active reactor, which emitted highly radioactive breath. It was a way to add insult to injury after cleansing a nuclear-ravaged city, preventing the enemy from rebuilding.

Godzilla felt it was essential to disgust humans in this way because it knew how resilient they could be.

Humans were fully capable of returning and rebuilding their homes while Godzilla was busy attacking other areas. So, to stop them, it had to leave something different in these ruins.

After coming up with this plan, Godzilla even considered paying a visit to Nagoya to add a nuclear radiation buff there too. However, that was a matter for later; for now, it was time to flatten the entire southeastern region.

The southeastern region was not just Osaka; there were many other cities and towns.

After destroying Osaka, Godzilla traveled along highways to various cities and districts, kindly giving them several atomic breaths.

It also added the nuclear radiation buff, turning these cities into forbidden zones.

Destruction! Destruction! Destruction!

Incineration! Incineration! Incineration!

With every place it visited, it brought several suns into the sky.

Every time Godzilla saw a city or a building, it unleashed its breath, turning the city centers into miniature suns.

After destruction came another round of destruction, and after incineration came another round of incineration.

Godzilla not only destroyed the cities but also whipped the "corpses" of the cities and added curses.

The heat released by countless suns and the walls of fire set the entire southeastern region ablaze. Everything in the extreme east was burning, not just the cities, even the forests were engulfed in flames.

Eight hundred and seventy-two suns; that was the number of "suns" rising over the extreme east. Each of them was equivalent to a battle-level nuclear weapon.

In terms of energy alone, the power of these suns far surpassed the largest nuclear bombs ever detonated by humans, not to mention their far greater destructive area.

The forest fires, "suns," mushroom clouds, and dust particles with nuclear radiation released into the atmosphere brought the entire southeastern region back to the nuclear war era.

No, it was even worse than the nuclear war era because during that time, thousands of nuclear bombs were detonated globally every day. However, in the extreme east, there were only a few, at most, ten nuclear bombs.

But now? Eight hundred and seventy-two rounds in just a few hours, and that didn't even include Godzilla's nuclear radiation breath.

Dozens of cities in the southeastern region, both large and small, were completely destroyed by Godzilla.

It was the embodiment of destruction, tirelessly destroying all the structures built by humans, wiping them out entirely.

Whether on the surface or underground, Godzilla spared nothing that was built by humans.

The fireballs it created raised the average temperature of the Japanese archipelago a bit, and then brought it down sharply.

When eight hundred and seventy-two mushroom clouds bloomed across the southeastern region in a matter of hours, an inevitable cooling that swept the entire extreme east, and even the entire eastern Asia, would follow.

Even worse than the cooling was the large amount of nuclear dust lifted by Godzilla's breath.

This nuclear dust would spread along the air currents, reaching all the places it could, staining the inland world that humans had spent decades to clean up once again with nuclear colors.

However, unlike the first time when humans caused this nuclear contamination on themselves and nature, this time, it was a giant monster representing nature giving it to humans.

The tables had turned completely.

This time, not only the extreme east but the whole world felt the catastrophe brought by the giant monster. Some lingering fear from the future was shattered at this moment.

Later generations would remember this day as the "Day of Fire."

But all of this seemed to have little to do with Godzilla at the moment. It was currently in the ruins of the southernmost city in the extreme east, looking contentedly at its mission panel.

As it observed, Godzilla felt that it couldn't just go back like this today. After all, it had already destroyed both Nagoya and Osaka. So why not continue its efforts and destroy Hokkaido as well?

Or maybe it should completely destroy the entire extreme east today?

The Day of Fire was not yet over.


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

6