Chapter 41: After the Destruction
279 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Should he destroy Hokkaido today?

This was a question that gave Godzilla pause.

In the past, Godzilla had always completed its missions and left. That was because after completing its mission, it often didn't have enough power to continue destroying human cities.

The first time, it was because Godzilla wasn't tough enough and could be defeated by human weapons. So, after completing its mission, it immediately retreated, not wanting to engage in direct confrontation with humans at that time.

The second time, it became tough enough. However, its reactor was not strong enough to sustain further destruction after wiping out Tokyo.

In the past, there were always different reasons that forced Godzilla to retreat after completing its mission. But this time...

It seemed like there were no such reasons?

Fuel is still plentiful, enough to continue destroying cities.

Its body is strong, and even with four Railguns in Hokkaido, they wouldn't be able to harm me.

Human weaponry has little effect on me, and I am still in good shape.

Hmm... in that case, it seems I have no reason not to go, right?

In the past, I attacked and then retreated, always with various reasons. But now, there's no reason, and Godzilla felt it should stick around this time.

Alright, today, I'll go and raise the remaining human cities to the ground!

With a cheerful decision, Godzilla located the positions of cities like Hokkaido on human radars and began advancing in that direction.

This time, it chose not to run because there were too many mountains between here and Hokkaido, and running too fast might result in colliding with some high mountains.

Better to walk there honestly.

By now, the sky had already darkened. After all, destroying Osaka and other places took quite some time. It was almost 19:00, so the sun had naturally set.

It's not the summer solstice after all.

As the night fell, it was different from usual nights. There were no stars tonight.

The black clouds of nuclear dust obscured the starry sky, and even the bright moonlight became hazy and indistinct under the cover of countless dust particles, making it impossible to see the clear outline of the moon.

At the same time, on this starless night, the world became colder, more unbearable than a regular dark night.

All of this was caused by Godzilla's breath, and it was also the consequence of human actions from a century ago.

What fell from the sky was not ordinary rain but the long-lost radioactive rain.

"Boom! Crash!"

Strong winds accompanied heavy rain, cleansing the debris under Godzilla's feet and cooling down the previously steaming and partially molten ground.

This cooling effect also affected Godzilla itself. When it was destroying Osaka and its surrounding cities, it used quite a few nuclear reactors for its breath attacks.

This type of breath, when accumulated at the same power level, generated much more waste heat than a regular focused beam attack. The long-term use of it put a significant strain on Godzilla's cooling system.

Before, it wouldn't be an issue. When it destroyed Tokyo, Godzilla could breathe all night without problems. But after its power system evolved, the output of the nuclear reactors increased several times, making the previous cooling system insufficient.

The power evolution didn't bring about a corresponding cooling system evolution, and that was quite mysterious.

Godzilla couldn't quite comprehend what aspects the evolution covered according to the panel. The concepts of power, body materials, and other aspects were all mysterious, and nobody knew exactly what they encompassed.

For example, body evolution—would it make the body stronger? If so, what would be the difference compared to body strength evolution?

And if it didn't, would there be a problem with becoming too large, making itself weaker? After all, that would make it easier for human anti-Godzilla weapons to hit.

These were all questions, and Godzilla really wished the panel would be more detailed about the evolutions, so it could better plan what tasks to accomplish.

Speaking of which, out of the five tasks released by the panel, apart from the tasks to obtain nuclear bombs and get rid of humans in space, Godzilla had already completed three.

It destroyed two cities, and the grand king task required 10 days to evolve its body.

As for the task to defeat the land, sea, and air forces, the reward was three days to evolve one breath attack.

Regarding the invincible monster task, the reward was one day to evolve its regenerative ability, which was the shortest time requirement among the three tasks.

Currently, Godzilla had completed three out of the five tasks, and only the remaining two were not yet accomplished. But the panel had not yet displayed the second evolution task for the power system, apart from the body material task.

Godzilla wasn't sure if it had reached the highest level possible before completing the mainline, or if there were any prerequisites.

As the heavy rain poured down, Godzilla continued walking on the earth, while at the same time, a critical meeting was being held in the region of Hokkaido.

The ultimate battle against Godzilla was about to begin.

And this battle was devised within two hours by one person and would be executed by only a few thousand people. It was a weak and pitiful plan.

This was humanity's last stand on this land!


If you want to see 10 chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than this 10, you can just click my Patreon it's 20 Chapters ahead!

4