Chapter 26 – A New World
442 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick opened his eyes. His whole body was in pain.

He found that he was cuffed, around his wrists behind his back, and his ankles under him and he seemed to be in a jail cell with another teenage boy who seemed similar in age to him. 

Rick found that his clothes were gone and he was wearing nothing but bandages over his chest and over his hips. His left arm and right leg were bandaged too. 

He could see that the bandages were soaked in his own blood. 

He looked at his right shoulder and left leg, realizing that they were black colored, like it was made of different material rather than flesh and bone. They were also the only parts of his body that didn't seem to be injured

"Where.. where am I?" he asked. But the boys near him ignored him, wallowing in their pity.

He looked around and could not find any sight of any of his girls. 

"Hey! You're alive! I thought you wouldn't make it" the other teen said.

"How long.. was I out?" Rick asked.

"When they captured me, you were already in their care. Somehow they think you're valuable" the boy said.

"I'm Rick. Who are you?" Rick asked.

"My name is Raki" he said. 

After talking to Raki for a while, he found out that Raki was separated from a girl he likes called Clare, who is a Claymore.

Rick somehow knew in his memory from a past life that a Claymore was a female that was a warrior whose duty was to hunt Yomis which were cannibalistic monsters that hid in plain sight, disguised as normal humans.

Since he didn't know anything about his girls, he didn't ask further.

Rick found out that Raki has been feeding him and taking care of him over the last week or so. Rick was very grateful for that and found Raki quite likeable. 

"Let's get out of here Raki" Rick said as he flexed his right hand and his cuffs were broke.

He did the same for Raki.

"How did you do that?" Raki asked, amazed. 

"This is my new right hand, and left leg. It has enhanced strength" Rick answered.

"You mean like a Claymore?" Raki asked. 

"Maybe something like that" Rick answered. 

He went to the door of the cage and held it with his new right hand.

Just then, one of the guards noticed Rick approaching the cell door and yelled "Hey! One of the slaves is escaping!"

Ignoring him, Rick broke the door of the cell right open and threw it at the guy yelling.

The door smashed the man, killing him instantly.

There were around several men running down the stairs to the dungeon and surrounded Rick immediately with their swords drawn. 

"Where are my companions. I had 16 girls following me" he yelled.

The men sneered and started to charge at him with their swords.

He somersaulted avoiding an attack and slammed both palms on the ground, forming pillars of earth to attack them.

Several men were smashed to the walls while the others continued their charge.

He avoided another slash and created a fissure in the ground, swallowing several men. 

The men hesitated, but their leader yelled "Don't falter. We outnumber him!" 

Rick looked at his right black colored hand and waved his hand at the leader and grasped his fist. 

The man was smashed into mush instantly and the rest stopped in their tracks in fear. 

"Where... are... my.... companions!" Rick said again. 

"They... they were sent to the East, where the female slaves are sent!" the man said. 

"What were their condition?" Rick asked again.

"We found all of you, your clothes all ripped, practically naked, and all of you with heavy injuries. We bandaged all of you up, and sent them to the East, and you to the North" he replied.

He nodded at Raki and they both escaped upstairs. Finding warm clothes, they quickly got wrapped up and fled into the cold blizzard.

Rick slammed his hands on the ground, collapsing the building they were in.

"Lets get out of here" Rick said as Raki followed him.

The blizzard grew heavier and heavier, so much so that Rick could hardly see his hand in front of him.

"Shit. This is bad! We should have waited for better weather" Rick yelled. 

"Stay close Raki, or we'll lose each other" he yelled again.

Suddenly, he noticed that he was all alone. He looked everywhere for Raki, but couldn't see a single soul. 

"Raki? Raki!!" Rick yelled. But the blizzard was too heavy and too loud that even if Raki was right next to him, it was doubtful if he could hear him.

"Damn it" Rick said to himself, realizing that he had to get out of the blizzard.

Slamming his hands on the ground, he caused the earth to jut out and created a shelter for himself. 

Creating a fire to warm up and to be a signal for Raki, Rick looked out of his shelter for a while more, hoping he could catch a sight of Raki, but it was futile.

He huddled to keep warm and hoped that Raki would be alright and to wait for the weather to improve.

Finally, he fell asleep next to the fire that was barely hot enough to keep him warm.

--

Rick awoke, and quickly ran out of his shelter to look for Raki. 

Raki would have frozen to death if he didn't find shelter, and Rick feared for the worst.

Unfortunately, even after searching for a while, not a trace of Raki could be found.

He walked blindly for half a day, going the direction he thinks is South East

"Does the Sun rise in the East here? Am I even heading the right direction?" Rick thought to himself as he trodded on.

Suddenly, over the snow capped hill, he saw gigantic monstrous looking humanoids, each one a different shape and form walking in a group towards a certain direction.

"What the hell are those?" Rick wondered as he hid behind a tree. 

"MMMM I smell guts...." one of the creature nearest to Rick's location said.

"Is Guts here as well?" Rick suddenly wondered.

"No! Stay the course! We are going to wipe out those bitches" the leader of the monsters said.

"But I'm hungry" the first monster said again.

"If you stray off, I'll take your head" the leader threatened. 

Rick sighed in relief as the monsters trodded off. There were at least 30 of them headed somewhere.

Suddenly, Rick's instinct screamed at him to duck, which he immediately obeyed.

The tree that he was hiding behind suddenly shattered from a blow.

It was the first monster that had headed back, disobeying his leader.

"Mmmmm Guts" the monster grinned with jaggered teeth. 

Rick slammed his hands on the ground, creating a wall of rock as the monster slammed it to it while charging at Rick.

Rick spat out blood as he had injured his ribs again, moving like that.

"Fuck... I can't fight like this. I'm still badly injured" Rick said, wondering what to do.

The monster jumped over the stone wall when Rick looked at his right hand.

He extended it towards the monster and grasped his hand and the monster's head was crushed into mush.

The monster's headless body fell to the ground, dead.

From a distance, sounds of a massive battle could be heard.

"What the hell is going on?" Rick wondered, running towards the sound of the battle.

As he looked over the hill, he was shocked to see a crazy battle between 24 blonde women in white uniforms and capes with large swords against 27 monsters.

"Shit! I have to help them!" Rick said to himself 

7