Chapter 27 – The Northern Battle of Pieta
370 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick charged into battle, jumping on one of the monsters that was fighting 4 female Claymores.

Without thinking, he drilled his new right arm into the monster's head with a punch.

Somehow, his new arm had transformed into a spike, the way he would have used his artificial metal arm!

The spike went right through the monster's chest and Rick jumped to the ground.

"No! Don't relax. It's not dead yet!" one of the girls yelled at him.

Rick turned around to see the monster attack him and he barely managed to duck out of its way.

"Aim for the head. Chop it off or slice it to pieces" another girl yelled as they attacked simultaneously. 

Rick was surprised that all the different girls had different fighting styles with their seemingly indestructible large swords.

A monster was approaching the girls from behind and Rick immediately attacked it. 

Slamming his hands on the ground, he launched himself at the monster with a stone pillar, turning his black right arm into a scythe, slicing the monster's head in two.

He landed on the chest of the monster just as it fell backwards, victoriously. 

Looking around, he saw that the girls were still outnumbered. 

It took around 4 girls to fight 1 monster, but there were 24 girls and 30 monsters! This was impossible odds.

He wished his girls were here. They would be able to take these monsters one on one at the very least.

The monsters started getting distracted by Rick's human flesh, and that gave the Claymores the opportunity to attack them.

Rick too was not idle, and besides being a distraction, he fought back using his alchemy too.

While his new arm and leg were not indestructible in its usual form, he could freely change their shape and density, making them as hard as the large swords the girls were using.

There was a large monster that looked like a bug that suddenly controlled several girls' bodies, forcing them to start attacking each other.

"Let's try this on a monster" Rick said and held up his right hand.

"Huh?" the creature said, feeling that something very bad was going to happen.

Smiling, Rick clenched his fist, and the monster's head was suddenly smashed to bits.

"What happened?" the girls asked, confusedly. 

Rick smiled and didn't answer. 

Suddenly a man on a horse appeared and suddenly transformed into a large monster with a mane.

"No.. it can't be. Rigaldo the Lion... why is he...?" one of the girls who looked like their leader said. 

He moved in a flash, appearing in front of one of the girls with a pony tail.

"Watch out!" Rick yelled as he slammed the ground with his palms, creating a wall in front of the girl.

The monster swiped his right hand, breaking the wall and sending the girl flying. 

" Veronica!" one of the girls yelled. 

Fortunately, Rick acted, otherwise this Veronica would have been sliced in two.

The monster disappeared and landed behind a girl who was running.

She immediately turned around and slashed her sword at it.

But it was too fast, slashing off both her arms right through her forearms, including her sword.

"Undine!" another girl yelled. 

Rick was nearby and jumped on Undine, his claws slashing Rock's back.

Rick fell to the ground, on top of the girl. She groaned too with both her arms missing.

"Are you alright? A girl came to help both of them.

Rick groaned, his whole body in pain as he turned around to see what was going on.

The monster disappeared again and faced another girl. 

"Jean!" her friend yelled. 

"Stay back! Protect Flora!" Jean replied instead and traded blows with the monster. 

Although injured, Rick created spikes from the ground, forcing the monster to jump away, stopping his endless attacks on Jean.

The monster got frustrated and looked at Rick who was prone and next to Udine who was getting treatment from another girl.

"What the hell are you?" he yelled and charged at Rick.

There was a flash and something attacked the monster, halting his momentum aimed at Rick.

"What! What is this?" the monster suddenly said, realizing his right arm has been cut off.

"When..." Rick wondered too. 

There was girl not far away from the monster, facing it with her sword drawn.

Rick realized that her legs had transformed to some sort of metallic insect like legs!

"So fast. I completely lost sight of you for a moment" the monster said to the girl.

"Only your legs have awakened? Amazing, I didn't think it possible" it continued. 

The girl attacked and the monster jumped as she missed and damaged a stone house nearby. 

She tried several times and continued missing.

"Now I see. You're still not used to that new speed of yours" the monster grinned. 

It charged at another girl, the leader Rick assumed.

But then, the girl with the strange legs landed right between them.

She attacked again and again as the monster dodged, but slowly by slowly, she seemed to be able to control her speed.

"Clare!" her friend called.

Rick realized her left hand had transformed into a large metallic claw that attacked together with her right hand which was holding her sword.

"No. Don't go any further Clare" her friend yelled. Rick saw her face distort as her mouth seemed to start to look monstrous with huge teeth and a larger than normal mouth.

"You focused on killing me and your four limbs awakened. Magnificent!" the monster said looking at Clare.

Clare now looked like a monster herself, with metallic legs and multiple claw like arms. 

In an instant, she sliced the monster into tiny pieces. 

Her friend ran to her but Clare suddenly attacked. 

"Don't come near me. These blades are not under my control" Clare said in a monster like voice.

"What the hell are those things?" her friend asked

"Helen, take my head off" Clare said. 

"I'll never forgive you for making me do this" Helen cried with tears in her eyes and preparing her sword.

Suddenly another girl held her back

"Jean!" Clare cried, recognizing her friend

"That time, our roles were reversed. Back then, you brought me back from being awakened" Jean said calmly

"No! Stay back! I can't control...!" Clare cried out

"Oh shit! This is going to happen!" Rick said, slamming his palms onto the ground.

Jean charged forward bravely. Clare's bladed arms attacked but were stuck in a pillar of stone trapping each hand as Jean hugged her. 

"Come back! You can do it. Come back" Jean said, hugging her.

There was a moment of silence, then suddenly both women were normal and hugging each other. 

"So much drama" Rick mumbled, collapsing to the ground due to his injuries.

"So.. many of us injured. Luckily with this man's help, nobody died. But we are not in fighting shape any more" their leader named Miria said. 

Rick looked up as the severely injured girls gathered together around him as a huge group of monsters surrounded them all.

"It's time... for our final battle" their leader said as all the injured girls picked up their large claymores.

Rick slowly stood up, his back covered with blood and nodded to the girls, preparing to give his all as well

 

 

 

 

8