Chapter 28 – The Reunion
460 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick dodged the attack by the monster in front of him. He overhead the girls, called Claymores, calling the monsters Awakened Beings.

Rick grunted as his injured back was making it difficult to move. 

The girls scrambled to fight back, and many of them were already unable to fight with limbs missing and bleeding badly. 

Rick had realized that the girls could heal themselves, even reattach limbs if given enough time. But being surrounded by so many Awakened Beings, they were not going to be given the time to recover.

Rick watched the girls get more and more injured, despair clearly could be seen in their eyes.

Suddenly, Rick could hear chanting in the air. It was a soft, calm voice, but her voice carried in the wind.

"...scorching blaze... hell fire... burns away the battlefield!" the voice concluded.

Suddenly, a large wheel of fire appeared and flattened several of these Awakened Beings, burning them to ashes.

The creatures screamed while aflame, rolling on the ground in agony. But within seconds, their bodies were charcoal.

Rick looked up and yelled "Morda!". He didn't expect her to be pulled into the Abyss with him and his girls!

A green streak flew into the sky and a small green haired girl with angry eyes landed next to Rick.

"Finally found you!" she said

An awakened being attacked, but she merely raised her hand. The creature's blow was blocked by a green force field and she glanced at the creature angrily.

Suddenly, the creature and two others behind it screamed as they were crushed into tiny balls of mush.

"Tatsumaki!" Rick yelled as she hugged him, tears in her eyes. 

"Hey! No fair" Morda said, running down the hill to join them

"Guts! Human guts!" two awakened beings turned to face her. 

She ignored them as one of the beings froze while the other one was covered in purple clouds. The screams of the creature and the crunching sounds were unnerving.

Evangeline and Eggy appeared, smiling and running to him as well. 

From within a cluster of several Awakened beings, suddenly long red tentacle like ribbons that looked to be made of blood ripped the monsters apart.

An albino girl with red eyes smiled a silly smile and yelled "Rick!"

"Shiro!" Rick cried 

The awakened beings started getting slaughtered one by one and the Claymores stopped fighting as there were suddenly noone left to fight.

From all around them, pretty little girls in dresses smiled and walked towards Rick happily.

"Wendy! Zi Yan! Krul! Jasmine! Rory!....." 

One by one, he called them happily and hugged them. He missed them and was so glad that all of them were accounted for.

Morda was a surprise though, as he never summoned her using alchemy in Gut's world. But since she was here and she actually wanted to join them, not to mention she was already one of his lovers, he was glad she was here too.

The Claymores just stood still, stunned at these pretty girls who were more terrifying than any Awakened Beings they've ever met.

"Were you girls hurt?" Rick asked

"Many of us were injured badly. Tatsumaki held on but eventually lost consciousness in the void between dimensions. Eggy surrounded us with her powers, but it was taxing on her too. If not for that, probably only Jasmine and Caizhi would be able to survive the void" Evangeline said. 

"We all were badly torn up and unconscious. Those slavers captured us and sent us girls towards the east, while you were sent elsewhere." Mavis explained. 

"Then what happened?" Rick asked.

"Then? Then we woke up, and some of them was in a bad temper finding you were missing" Tanya said with a sadistic smile.

Rick shuddered, looking at several of them including Tatsumaki and Shiro, if they got mad ,they got murderous. 

"Then we searched for you. Our nice dresses were torn badly, and Rory, Jasmin and Caizhi lost their weapons. That's why we are wearing these rags. We got them from a house once the town of the slavers was flattened" Mavis explained. 

Wendy was standing behind Rick and his wounds were mostly healed already.

Rick smiled at them and slammed his palms on the floor. 

Several dead Awakened beings vanished in a flash of light, but when the light dimmed, there was a pile of pretty dresses on the ground, together with clean white underwear.

Living with them for so long, he knew their favorite style and colors. There were even Rory's scythe, Jasmine's dagger, Caizhi's large halberd as well as a rifle for Tanya. 

Rick slammed his palms again and the ground raised around the girls and their dresses, forming a partition for them.

Rick and the Claymores could hear giggling. Not long later, they came out wearing their beautiful dresses, feeling like themselves again.

Sensing that Rick and his girls were going to leave, she approached him

"Thank you. I am Miria, the leader of this expedition. Thanks to you, we have no casualties, which would have been impossibly" she said.

"You're welcome. I'm Rick" he replied, then started introducing all his companions.

Miria introduced all the 24 Claymores too.

Finding out that Rick and his companions were not from here, she explained the Claymores, and their plan to revolt, asking him not to reveal that they all survived. 

Rick nodded and promised not to tell. 

"Oh by the way, Clare? Do you know someone named Raki?" Rick suddenly asked

"Raki? Yes! I'm looking for him. Have you seen him?" Clare asked

"I escaped the slavers with him several days ago, but lost him in a blizzard. He was looking for you. I was looking for him for a few days when I stumbled into this battle." Rick said.

"Thank you. Thank you very much. I will look for him now" Clare said

"Ok. Give my regards to him if you find him. I hope he is alright" Rick said

Bidding their farewells, Tatsumaki gathered Rick and his companions and flew off into the horizon.

"Do you think they can be trusted?" Flora asked. 

"They are so powerful, they can do whatever they want. I doubt they would betray us. We fought and bled together. That forms a bond" Miria said.

"I hope so" Flora replied.

 

10