Chapter 3 – Descent into Madness
1.3k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rickert laughed madly as he battled evil spirits and all kinds of monsters over the many nights.

His mind was in a haze, as the memories of his previous otaku life, his memories of his life as Rickert and his memories of Edward Elric all merged and mixed together, leaving him a confused mess.

The only time he had clarity of thought was when he was busy and fully occupied at something, like fighting monsters at night.

In the day, he kept himself busy creating weapons. He created weapons that doesn't yet exist, from the Fullmetal Alchemist world or some from his modern world, using Rickert's ingenuity and Edward's alchemy to create whatever chemicals or materials that he needed.

Gordot's workshop became a fortress full of incredible firepower, decimating the monsters that came at night with anti-tank armor piercing bullets.

Suddenly while fighting one night, he had a moment of inspiration as Edward's memories clicked.

"Equal exchange!" he yelled, realizing that he could resurrect Erica if he offered an equal exchange.

Every apostle was created using the sacrificed lives of many people.

Surely one apostle can resurrect Erica!

Over the nights he had already killed 2 apostles,taking their Behelits.

He just had to lay a trap to capture a live one!

He spent the next day manically creating an elaborate trap. 

That night, he waited eagerly, but was instead attacked by evil spirits. Disappointed, he blasted them down dejectedly. 

This went on for several nights, and Rickert found that he was having difficulty remembering who he was trying to resurrect. 

"No! My memories" he yelled. 

He started writing down notes in the workshop.

"Guts... Casca... band of Falcons... friends" he scribbled, remembering his large friend with a huge sword and a dark skinned pretty lady. 

"Griffith, sacrificed all my friends... vengeance.. now enemy.." he tried to continue. He was struggling to remember how Griffith looked like. 

"Gordots, blacksmithing..... adopted daughter...." he wrote, but suddenly he realized that he forgot who he was supposed to resurrect. 

"Winry? No! That's wrong!" he yelled, throwing the notes to the floor in anger

Suddenly, the automatic alarm rang and loud sounds of gunfire started firing. 

Without realizing it, it was already night and his brand started attracting the attention of evil spirits. 

A loud roar confirmed that tonight had brought an apostle, a large one at that. 

Immediately, he flew up and onto a tower that he had built to survey the land around the hill he was on. 

There were numerous barricades and gun turrets, and they subtly guided the huge apostle to the middle of his trap. 

The apostle was a large, muscular being with an armored body. 

It's hide were damaged from the armor piercing bullets but it still charged ahead towards Rickert. 

Rickert slid down a prepared slide and into the middle of the trap where he awaited the apostle. 

"Over here you bastard!" he yelled and the apostle burst through several barricades and charged at him. 

Just as the apostle reached the center, he pressed a button and the ground opened up, letting the apostle fall right into the hole. 

As the apostle fell down the 20 foot hole, the walls started closing in on it, and multiple electric prods started shocking it's body. 

The apostle screamed in pain and started fighting the walls, causing the walls to groan at the strength of the creature. 

"The trap won't hold long. But a few moments is all I need" Rickerts said to himself as he used both hands to palm the floor, casting a spell on the apostle. 

He was using the life of the apostle in exchange of his lost loved one. 

The apostle screamed as the spell took effect, its body disintegrating. 

Just as he was going to resurrect Erica, Rickert suddenly realized that he didn't remember who he was resurrecting. 

"She's.... she's.... uh....small... around 12 years old.....uh... blonde" he casted, with a vague idea of how she looked like.

Suddenly, a pretty blonde face appeared in his mind and he cast the spell with her in mind. 

The trap glowed brightly and with a bright flash, the exchange was done. 

Rickerts sunk to his knees at the effort and saw in the middle of the trap, a naked female body. 

She looked young, her naked body underdeveloped and she had blonde hair and was pretty, looking exactly as the image he thought off. 

The girl slowly opened her eyes, looking confused. 

Rickerts ran to her and started hugging her. 

"I'm so glad you're back. Are you alright? Do you remember me?" he asked, looking at her pretty face with tears in his eyes. 

The naked blonde girl looked at him in a confused manner, then realizing that she was naked, she pushed him off with incredible force, causing him to fly several meters before he landed. 

"Who are you?" she suddenly asked. 

"It's me! Rickert! Don't you remember?" he pleaded. 

"No! I don't remember any Rickerts. Who are you? Where are we?" she asked, covering herself with her arms. 

"Uh... here. Take my coat. Lets go get you your clothes" Rickert said, offering his red trenchcoat. 

Unknowingly, he was already wearing black clothes beneath a red trenchcoat, like Edward Elric's usual attire. 

He brought her into the heavily armed fortress and brought her to Erica's room, showing her all her dresses. 

He exited the room, allowing the girl to get dressed. She did so and exited the room to the excited Rickert. 

"Do you remember your room? Do you remember now?" Rickert asked. 

"This isn't my room! Who do you think I am?" the girl asked him. 

"Isn't this your house? Weren't you raised by uh.... uh... Go.... Gordot?" he asked

"No, I don't know any Gordot. Who do you think I am?" she asked again. 

"You.. you...you're...." he said, struggling to remember the name of the person he most wanted to resurrect. 

"You don't know, do you? It looks like you are having problems with your memory" she said, looking at Rickert in a pitying way.

"You're Erica! Aren't you Erica?" he suddenly blurted out the name he was struggling to remember. 

"Erica? No. I'm not Erica. My name is Evangeline Athanasia Katherine Mcdowell. And I do not believe I belong in this particular world" she said. 

 

28