Chapter 7 – A Visit from Erica
1.1k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick lay on the bed, flanked by Evangeline and Rory, while Tanya sat up front in the control seat behind the bull. 

Tatsumaki lay sideways just above his head, while Zi Yan and Eggy lay on either side of her. 

It didn't take long before a petite red haired girl walked out of the forest 

It was Jasmine, the Heavenly Slaughtering Star God, carrying two Behelits as she approached the wagon. 

"No trouble?" Rick asked. 

"2 Small Fry? None at all" Jasmine smirked as she climbed onto the wagon and gave Rick the Behelits. 

"I notice you're only collecting these creepy things and no longer trying to resurrect...ah... Erica was it?" Jasmine asked. 

"No. To be honest, besides her name, I can't remember her clearly enough to make the exchange. At the end, I exchange someone else instead, like all of you" Rick said softly. 

"You say that like its a bad thing" Eggy said. 

"No! I mean.. Of course I am happy with all your company. The reason I am only collecting these Behelits, because they hold power to transverse to other dimensions. That's how I am merged with Edward Elric" he tried explaining. 

"Are you sure you don't want to try again resurrecting this Erica again? There's another apostle nearby" Jasmine said, pointing at a certain direction. 

Indeed, trees could be seen tumbling and a large object seemed to be heading towards them. 

"Aaaah. Just do it. I get so frustrated when you get mopy and indecisive" Tatsumaki yelled as she got up from the bed and levitated into the sky. 

With a wave of her hand, she caught the apostle from afar and brought it over with a her telekinesis. 

It was a huge armadillo looking apostle who could seemingly spit acid. Of course all of this was blocked by her telekinesis. 

"Here! Try it again!" Tatsumaki yelled, frustrated at Rick's attitude. 

Rick looked at her intense stare, then nodded. 

He jumped down the wagon and looked at the apostle. 

Without saying a word, he removed his magic nullifying glove and slammed both palms to the ground, starting the spell. 

The apostle screamed as it's body slowly started disintegrating. 

The spell didn't take long as Rick has done it several times already and was quite practiced at it. 

A young naked girl appeared, with long blue hair. 

She slowly opened her eyes and screamed as she found that she was naked. 

"Here! Put this on!" Tatsumaki used her telekinesis to throw a simple farm dress at her. 

The girl quickly put the dress on, and not surprisingly they fit. Actually all the girls were just around the same size and looked like sisters, if not for the fact that they all had different hair colors and styles, and that they were all beautiful, but their faces looked different and distinct. 

"Are you Erica?" Tatsumaki asked

"No... no! I'm..." the girl answered. 

"Wendy Marvell" Rick completed her sentence for her. 

"Huh? Do I know you?" Wendy asked. 

"Don't worry about him. Come, I'll explain everything" Evangeline said as she flew and placed her arm around Wendy. 

"At least we have a healer now" Rick said, scratching his head and boarded the wagon. 

With Wendy, the wagon was getting tight. That night, when they got ready to sleep, they were all squashed together now, rather than having their own corner. 

"Come now. Lets me hug you for some body heat, but this is platonic ok? Don't get the wrong ideas. I'm not Erica" Rory said, hugging Rick

"Actually, Erica and I... never did anything. She was like my younger sister, even though we weren't related by blood" Rick suddenly said

"Huh? I thought all the while she was your lover!" Evangeline exclaimed.

"What? No. She was only.. what.. 11? I'm 19!" Rick answered.

"So she was not your lover, but your sister? Well that makes it better then. Since you brought us all here, we'll be your sisters" Rory smiled as she hugged him even tighter.

"Uh, I guess so. With you I have some sort of family again. I... I was having my doubts of bringing Erica back anyhow, to such a cruel and vicious world" he said. 

"Indeed this world is very vicious" Jasmine nodded. 

"Downright hellish if you ask me" Eggy added, looking out of the wagon into the dark night. 

"Where... where is this place? The whole place has an evil vibe to it" Wendy asked. 

"Well Rick calls it the Berserk dimension" Evangeline explained. 

Then she explained the memory and identity issues Rick has as well as the circumstances all of them were brought into this world.

Some like Rory and Tanya knew most of this, but some later girls like Jasmine, Eggy and Zi Yan didn't know some of this information. Only Evangeline knew the most since she was the earliest and spent the most time with Rick. 

"So this is the Berserk dimension. Since you seem to have these omniscient knowledge, what was my dimension called?" Rory asked. 

"The Gate dimension" Rick answered. 

"Gate. The gate!... I guess it makes sense" Rory nodded. 

"How about mine?" Wendy asked. 

"The Fairy Tail dimension" Rick answered. 

"Oh! My guild is so influential huh?" Wendy noted.

"How about mine?" "And mine?" "What about mine?" the rest started asking. 

"Negima or UQ Holder Dimension, Youjo Senki Dimension, Against the Gods dimension, Battle To The Heavens dimension, Martial God Asura dimension... " he rattled off his answers. 

"Against the Gods dimension? Doesn't make sense" Jasmine said. 

"Neither does Battle to the Heavens" Zi Yan grumbled. 

"Martial God Asura dimension. Hahaha it must be named after me, the Asura World Spirit!" Eggy was happy

"Little Military Girl Chronicles (Youjo Senki) dimension? Is it named after me?" Tanya wondered. 

"Anyway, I didn't name them. I only know of them, so don't blame me" Rick said closing his eyes in Rory's warm embrace.

Family. Yes family. All his new sisters were so powerful, he felt safe and secure for the first time in a long long time. Not since he was in the Band of the Falcon, back when there were no monsters and they were the best military band, did he feel so safe and secure.

As his mind relaxed, his memories and personality finally managed to merge peacefully together.

"Hi Rickert! I'm happy to see you safe and happy" a familiar voice came to him in his dreams

"E...Erica!" Rickert yelled in his dream and suddenly saw her smiling at him.

Her warm smile and bright eyes was so familiar, he started tearing up because he had forgotten how she looked like or sounded like.

"I came just to ask of you, please don't bring me back. I.... I am happy with father now" she said as images of Gordot appeared behind her. 

"But.. I can... I can do it. I've been practicing. Nothing bad will happen" Rickerts said in tears. 

"I... no... normal people cannot live in our world anymore. The evil spirits and monsters make living a constant nightmare. Even if you brought me back, I doubt I would be able to live till my old age. I would probably die another horrible death" Erica said. 

"But.." Rickert said, but had nothing he could say to convince her. 

"I am at peace now. I am happy. My only wish is for you to be happy. Take care of your new sisters. Perhaps one of them will give you bliss as you grow old together" Erica said as she kissed Rickert on his cheek in the dream.

Then she slowly faded away. 

"Erica... Erica!" Rick yelled as he woke with a start. 

He found himself buried under several small bodies, all cuddled against his body for comfort and warmth. 

Luckily he didn't wake them, so he kept very still, listening to their breathing and feeling their heartbeats as they pressed on him. 

They were beautiful little girls, so frail and so vulnerable. But knowing that they were powerful beyond normal measure, more deadly than most apostles, he was contented. 

In a world full of monsters, it was better to be a hammer rather than a nail. He smiled, knowing they would be alright. 

 

21