Chapter 19 – Battle in Elfhelm
510 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tatsumaki lowered the ship gently into the water with Rick and all his companions already in the newly repaired ship. 

With Rick's alchemy, the ship looked as good as new, with no evidence of ever being damaged. 

"What about the horseys?" Shiro asked innocently.

"Alright, tie up the horseys" Rick said and Shiro excitedly used ropes she found in the abandoned village to tie the ship to two gigantic hippocampi she caught while the girls fought the many monsters. 

She sat at the front of the ship and started whipping them as they started pulling the ship through the water at a random direction. 

The sea was covered in blood and carcasses from the earlier battle and it seemed more monsters were approaching from afar.

"Must be the full moon" Rick said, looking into the sky. 

Perhaps travelling in the sea filled with monsters at night wasn't the wisest thing to do, but staying on the island didn't seem any better as the island seemed to attract monsters, and killing so many monsters only created another feeding frenzy. 

Much to their pleasant surprise, the creatures did pull their ship at incredibly high speeds and before long, they were far away from the island. 

Everyone enjoyed the fast ride as wind blew through their long hair as they enjoyed the seabreeze. 

It wasn't long until it was near dawn. Suddenly, Evangeline pointed in the air

"Look at that!" she said, pointing at an incredible sight of what looked like the shadows of an army flying through the air. 

"Griffith..." Rick mumbled looking at what looked like a dream. The silhouette of Griffith could clearly be seen leading the way of the army flying in the air. 

In the air, seemingly in the clouds, they all could see Griffith riding on his horse, followed by a huge army of war demons, and all the generals they had fought before. 

"They seem.. to be using some form of ancient teleportation portal to head somewhere" Mavis said. 

"I have a bad feeling about this" Rick said, noticing that they were headed in the same direction as the vision in the air. 

Before long, they lost sight of the army in the air, but within an hour, they started seeing an island from afar.

"Land ho!" Tanya yelled from the crows nest.

"That must be Skellig Island, and hopefully Elfhelm where Guts and Casca were heading" Rick said. 

"Look! Smoke!" Wendy said as they all looked at the island from afar. It seemed like the forest was on fire, and there seemed to be a battle going on. 

"Drop the anchor here. Tatsumaki, bring those of us that can't fly over immediately. Lets secretly observe what's going on" Rick said. 

They left the ship about half a kilometer off shore as they flew onto the island. 

"This island... time flows differently here" Mavis suddenly said, and the rest nodded, noticing that time moved differently there. 

Loud sounds could be heard in the distance and the ground shook as sounds of battle could be heard. 

Rick and his companions ran towards the sound. 

They crossed a large field, filled with dozens of broken golems. They looked like they were smashed by a superior army. 

They continued running and saw another field full of broken scarecrows. 

"Look!" Wendy said, flying and landing next to several dead mangled bodies of young girls who seemed to be dressed like witches. 

Multiple elves and other mystical creatures could be seen all about, dead and mangled.

*Boom* 

"That... that's Gut's hand cannon! I built that for him" Rick shouted as he rushed towards the burning forest.

From afar, they could see the huge Grunbeld in his dragon form, smashing through trees.

Griffith was facing off against the Flower Storm Monarch herself, Danann.

Guts, in his Berserk armor was fighting Griffith both Zodd and Grunbeld by himself, giving in to the berserk nature of his Berserker armor

Azan lay badly wounded, leaning on a tree as it looked like he took a heavy blow from one of the apostles as Farnese tried to treat him.

Casca, Serpico, Schierke, Isma, Isidro, Roderick and the rest were battling desperately against the many other apostles. Magnifico lay motionlessly nearby, his body was half smashed into the ground. 

The other demon army was battling the many mages as the forest burned around them. 

"We must help them" Rick yelled as he charged into battle. 

Wendy flew directly to Azan and Farnese, using her powers to help heal Azan. 

Rick joined Guts in fighting both Zodd and Grunbeld, using his alchemy to created a pillar of rock, knocking Zodd away.  

"Who... Rickert? Why are you here? Stay back.." Guts growled as he tried with great difficulty to maintain his sanity. 

Grunbeld smashed Gut's body into the distance. 

"Guts!" Rick yelled as Grunbeld barely missed him with a blow from his warhammer. 

Suddenly, a huge sword blocked Grunbeld's next attack. 

Grunbeld was surprised, but not unhappy to see his opponent, one that he couldn't get a clear win over. 

The tiny opponent named Caizhi. 

Rick landed near Guts, only to see his mangled body supernaturally repair itself as his limbs bent back to its original orientation. 

"My God... Guts" Rick yelled looking at his friend get up slowly. 

"Help.. help the rest. Griffith is mine" Guts said, seeing that Caizhi seemed to be doing alright against Grunbeld, especially after Rory joined her. 

Wendy was treating Serpico as he received a bad blow from Zodd and Isidro was being held by Isma, who was crying over his body. 

Zi Yan and Krul joined the battle, taking on Zodd, letting Wendy help heal the rest. 

"Casca!" Rick yelled as Casca turned to look at him.

"Rickert! You... you" she couldn't continued as she suddenly hugged Rickert tightly to her chest. 

He blushed as his face suffocated in her breasts and she separated and looked at him. 

"Are these... girls... your companions?" Casca asked, looking at the incredible battle prowess of his companions. 

"Yes.. yes they are" Rick answered. 

"I remember...Erika.. is she here too?" Casca asked. 

Rick's face suddenly dropped. "No... she was killed the first time these monsters were sent after me" Rick said, feeling sad Erica had died while with him. 

Suddenly, they both heard Gut's loud growl and turned to see him attack Griffith in a frenzy. 

However, Griffith seemed to supernaturally avoid all his attacks gracefully and effortlessly, and stabbed Guts in the chest, directly through his heart. 

Danann pushed Guts to safety to engage Griffith once more. Both of them seemed to fight in a ethereal, unreal manner that seemed dream like. 

"Guts!" Casca yelled, running towards him followed by Rick.

"His attacks and defences are part magic, part illusion. That is why you cannot hit him!" Mavis suddenly said in Rick's head. 

"Then what can be done about his abilities?" he asked

"I can... negate his abilities with illusions of my own. I will cast an illusion on him so that you can see him as he is, rather than the illusion and magic that he is creating around him" Mavis answered. 

"That will have to be enough!" Rick said as he charged at Griffith. 

 

13