Chapter 20 – Conclusion to the Battle of Elfhelm
484 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rick charged at Griffith and used his alchemy to create blocks of rocks that shot out of the ground at him. 

Surprisingly, one of the rock pillars knocked Griffith off his horse, causing him to crash to the ground. 

"My lord!" Locus the Moonlight Knight rushed to his aid but was blocked by Nemesis and Yami who pushed him back. 

"My, my, my. Rickert. How are you still alive? Didn't I behead you?" Griffith asked , standing up and facing him and drawing his sword. 

Griffith's sudden sword strike barely missed Rick who dodged by instinct, Griffith's sword causing a small cut on his cheek. 

Several more attacks barely missed the acrobatic Rick who blocked with his metalic arm. 

"Where did you learn to fight like that? How are you doing this?" Griffith asked, surprised at Rick's alchemy skill and fighting prowess. 

Casca jumped in, and attacked Griffith, but he easily parried her attack, and in one smooth movement, his sword plunged through her stomach, exiting out her back. 

"Casca!" Guts yelled as his body flew through the air, crashing into Griffith and pushing him back. 

Guts attacked wildly, swing after swing missing Griffith somehow, and Griffith smiled as he easily inflicted more and more cuts on Gut's already badly bleeding body. 

At the same time, Rick was with Casca as he brought Wendy over to heal her. 

Danann jumped in and managed to push Griffith back a little. But his skill with the sword was more than Danann could handle and she took wounds to her shoulder and leg and prepared to impale her with his sword. 

Rick then rushed again towards the battle between Guts and Griffith, and Guts looked bad, bleeding a huge amount of blood right through his armor with every movement he made. 

"Guts..." Rick muttered with tears in his eyes, sensing that Guts was on his last legs and had lost too much blood already. 

"Griffith!" Rick yelled as he summoned more and more weapons with his alchemy, attacking Griffith with them. 

Several of them hit Griffith, injuring him and forcing him to take several steps back. 

Guts just stood still, bleeding and staring at Griffith who was now too busy being occupied by Rick. 

Mavis' magic successfully negated Griffith's illusion allowing Rick to injure him several times, much to Griffith's dismay.

What Mavis did was create her own illusions over Griffith's showing where he actually was for Rick to attack, so that he didn't where Griffith's magics or illusions baited him to attack. 

Griffith found fighting Rick incredibly difficult with Rick attacking with his alchemy abilities as well as his artificial arm and leg transforming into weapons to attack at strange and random angles. 

However, Griffith was an incredibly skilled fighter and even though Rick managed to hit him and avoid his attacks, they were at a stalemate. 

Griffith looked around in dismay as while he was occupied, his demon army was being decimated by Rick's companions and only his most powerful apostle generals were still fighting.

His conquest of Elfhelm was now considered a failure as it didn't look likely that his remaining apostles would win against the forces here, especially with Rick's powerful companions, and although he was still confident in defeating Rick, he knew he would have to flee once his apostles got defeated. 

However, he didn't want to give up yet. His dream was to rule the world, and eliminating Elfhelm was an important step in his goals. 

"You forced me to do this!" Griffith said with rage as he took out his red behelit and activated it.

Both Casca and Guts screamed at the same time as the brand on their bodies started bleeding out of control. Rick realized that his own brand was bleeding uncontrollably as well. 

At the same time, Mavis and Evangeline turned to look at Griffith, realizing that a powerful spell had been activated. 

Suddenly, the world transformed into a mad dimension where the sun disappeared and the ground turned red and was filled with faces. 

"No...it's another eclipse" Danann whispered in fear and the other mages looked around in fear too. 

Casca was lying on the ground, paralyzed with fear Guts just stood still, unmoving like a statue. 

Rick looked all as he stood guarding both Casca and Guts and yelled for his companions to gather together with him. 

They gathered Gut's companions as well as Danann's mages and other elves and formed a large circle protecting each other, with their weapons in hand. 

Then, there were an innumerable number of apostle like monsters appeared out of nowhere and started attacking. 

Danann and the remaining witches also drew their own protective circle on the ground around as more and more monsters attacked and started breaking through their defences. 

"Shit, this is bad" Tatsumaki said as she created a telekinetic shield over all of them. 

"No! There are still some more outside" Danann shouted as several injured mages and elves were running towards them for shelter. 

But Tatsumaki couldn't do anything as her telekinetic shield was swamped by monsters and they could not even look out. 

"No... this won't do! Mavis suddenly said as she stepped out. 

She made strange gestures as her body lit up and she suddenly yelled "Fairy Law!" 

The light expanded from her body, spreading towards the whole area as the monsters screamed. 

The light covered the whole forest and suddenly, it burst into a brilliant flash as everyone covered their eyes. 

The next moment, as they opened their eyes, the forest had returned to normal. Not a monster was in sight, only the devastation left behind by the attack was evident. 

"Look" Shiro pointed into the sky

They all looked up to see Griffith and his army fleeing in the sky. 

Everyone collapsed in exhaustion as they started counting their casualties. 

Rick and his companions fared the best with only minor injuries and no deaths. 

Gut's companions lost Magnifico while Azan, Serpico and Isidro were badly wounded. 

Danann was sad to hear that just under half of the whole elf and mage populations of Elfhelm were lost. 

As for Guts, they found that under his Berserk armor, he was barely breathing. 

 

 

14