3
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Mira deftly flicked the switch, the engine roared to life, initiating the test sequence. Our immediate objective was not to conduct a full-fledged flight test but rather to ascertain the functionality of the crystal powering the helicopter. Under normal circumstances, we would have employed a terminal connected to the power grid and executed a diagnostic subroutine to verify the code. However the shithole had no power grid, we were deprived of that convenience.

The initiation process commenced with the top rotor spinning into motion, followed shortly by the tail rotor. Although the precise sequence of rotor activation was inconsequential at this stage, it served as a reminder of my miscalculations. Dr. Vith's gaze briefly met mine, leaving me uncertain whether his expression conveyed annoyance at my error or perhaps a subtle acknowledgement of my unorthodox energy-saving approach, deviating from his prescribed guidelines. Nevertheless, Dr. Vith, his countenance seemingly impervious to emotions, maintained his stoic demeanour throughout every passing moment. The rotors were synchronized, ensuring that the counter-rotating tail rotor would effectively counteract the torque generated by the main rotor and prevent any destabilization of the aircraft. This synchronization was crucial for achieving balanced and controlled flight. However, to truly validate the system's effectiveness, we needed to conduct an airborne test. The immense forces exerted during flight would subject the helicopter to much greater stresses than it would experience on the ground. Continuing the test on the ground risked catastrophic structural failure under the sheer force applied. Recognizing this, Dr. Vith swiftly made his way to the cabin, relying on his good leg, and promptly shut down the engine. Mira's laughter and jubilation filled the air, reflecting the team's excitement and confidence in their progress. Dorian expressed his approval through applause, while Arlik, perhaps accustomed to constructions of aircrafts, appeared rather indifferent, maintaining his air of boredom.

"We're on the ground, Miss Doren," Dr. Vith hopped down and nodded at me. "Good work."

0