10
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nah, he asked us to take you to a pub" I whispered

See, I wasn't scared, or impressed. Just… bemused. Utterly flabbergasted, to be precise. Let me set the scene for you: I've lived my entire life in the illustrious Arcania City, the very heart of Arcanists and witchcraft. It's the mystical epicentre, where magical wonders are supposedly as common as pigeons in the park. And yet, despite my many years of existence, I haven't crossed paths with a single witch, let alone an Arcanist. It's like they're hiding from me, playing an epic game of magical hide-and-seek.

But lo and behold! I find myself unceremoniously uprooted and dumped into a backwater town a hundred kilometres south. A place with more cows than people, and an ambience that screams "blink twice if you need rescuing." And what do I discover? Two magical beings in all their glory. A bona fide Arcanist, second in power only to the Emperor himself, and his charming apprentice who looks like he auditioned for a role as a flesh-eating zombie. Can you blame me for whispering my disbelief? It was all a bit much, like a bizarre cosmic joke played by Arlik, the puppet master of oddity.

In that moment, I couldn't help but wonder if Arlik had orchestrated this whole charade on purpose. Maybe he deliberately kept this creature hidden away from civilization so that we could have a nice, straightforward lesson in the fact that our world can intersect with the realms of the supernatural. Or maybe I was just reading way too much into it, letting my imagination run wild like a caffeinated ferret. Either way, the situation was stranger than a three-legged unicorn doing cartwheels.

"Bonelord?" I cleared my throat

Shest shrugged. Dorian crossed his arms "Vith's old man was one, he picked the name"

0