Prologue
935 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   The first thing I saw when I woke up was an unfamiliar ceiling. It was all white with a rectangular LED ceiling light shining down on my face.

   “U-ugh…what the…?” I got up groggily as my vision, which was somewhat blurry, soon became clear, allowing me to see clearly.

   It looked like I was in a white room, just like the ceiling and LED light. The room looked about as big as a single-person dorm room with a bed, a desk planted into the wall, a couple of bookshelves, and a very intricately designed window that was placed next to the bed.

   There was something off though…the room I was in looked futuristic like I was in a room from the future or some sci-fi movie. Especially when everything in this room was plain and white.

   “W-where the hell am I…?” I continued looking around, completely confused as to where I was.

   It didn’t look like a hospital room since the bed I was in was a normal one and not a hospital bed, and I didn’t see anything like heart monitor machines or anything like that. Plus, taking a closer look at my body, I wasn’t in a gown but…white clothes?

   It was a two-piece attire with a white shirt and white pants. I touched my white clothes and they felt thin yet comfortable like they were my pajamas or something.

   After examining my clothes for a bit, I realized that there was something on them. I couldn’t tell what it was but it looked like some kind of logo.

   Maybe if I found a mirror, I could get a better look. Examining the room once more, I tried to find a mirror.

   It was a little difficult since everything looked white so it was hard to find anything reflecting anything. Thankfully, I found the mirror and took a closer look at my clothes…but realized I had bigger issues than my clothes.

   “W-what the hell?!” My eyes widened with surprise as I saw my reflection in the mirror…though it wasn’t exactly me.

   Rushing to the mirror, I saw a young man with short black hair, grayish black eyes, and a white two-piece clothing. The young man looked around the age of a teenager. Maybe fifteen or sixteen years old.

   And that young man…was me?!

   “W-why do I look so young?! I-is this me?!” I touched my face, trying to see if this was real or not…and it was real.

   The person in the mirror definitely was me. The way my reflection was freaking out like I was, was pretty much proof that this is what I looked like right now.

   The only problem was that I didn’t look like a teenager. If anything, I was an older man in my late twenties with a five o’clock shadow, baggy eyes, and pale skin complexion from sleepless nights working overtime at his job. Not a smooth face with a healthy appearance like he didn’t experience the tragic life of adulthood.

   And yet…this is what I looked like right now. How the hell did this happen?!

   “Just what in the world…the logo!” Realizing the actual reason why I came to this mirror, I took a look at the logo on my clothes.

   Taking a closer look, the logo was a shield emblem with two letters in the middle. The overall design was red with black on it. As for the two letters, they both looked like an A but one of them was upside down and before the other one.

   There was something about this emblem, though. I don’t know why, but it felt like I knew what this emblem was. Like I’ve seen it somewhere before.

   “AA…what the hell is this…ngh?!” Trying to figure out why this logo looked so familiar, my head started to throb in pain.

   Suddenly, words started appearing in my head, a distant echo, resonating in my brain.

   …A logo emblem in the shape of a shield with the letters AA on it. One of the A's was upside down and under the other A. This was the Logo emblem for the Academy of Saviors. This Academy is known as…

   “Agoge Academy…” I muttered, finally realizing why this logo looked so familiar.

   This logo…was the Academy emblem for the Agoge Academy…a school to raise Saviors to fight against monsters and protect the world.

   The only issue with this is…Agoge Academy was a fictional school. It wasn’t a real place.

   It was a fictional place inside a novel. One of my favorite novels that I would read all the time; Spear of the Savior.

   Spear of the Savior was a popular fantasy web novel that had millions of views and likes. And it was obviously the novel that was my favorite of all time.

   But…if this logo was the Agoge Academy Emblem…didn’t that mean I was currently inside the novel, Spear of the Savior?

   “…There’s no way.”

   Starting to understand the situation, I needed to be sure that my theory was false, and that I wasn’t inside the novel. That’s why the next thing I did, was run towards the window and take a look at the outside world.

   I got on the bed and peered my head towards the window, looking outside. As I did, I looked up and saw something unbelievable.

   I saw…futuristic ships flying in the sky. It was like they gave military cruise ships and frigates the ability to fly and made them more advanced. They were all positioned up in the sky, hovering over us like bodyguards.

   I looked down…and saw a fragmented landmass with high-tech buildings planted all over the place…and more flying vehicles soaring around the island.

   “T-this can’t be real…there’s no way…” Completely shocked at what I was seeing, I moved away from the window so I didn’t have to see any more.

   How…how did this happen? W-why am I here? How did I get here?!

   “I-I need to think…what was I doing before I woke up here?” I started to retrace my steps before I work up in this room.

  Back on Earth, and not here, I was an ordinary computer programmer that simply worked on software programs for a living. The last thing I remember…was getting on a bus to get to my workplace.

   But…I don’t remember making it to my workplace. T-then what happened when I got on that bus?!

   “D-dammit, just what happened on that bus-Ngh?!” Another throbbing headache occurred as I tried to remember what happened to me.

   Flashes of my memory soon appeared, showing me on the bus. I was sitting down and looking out the window and then…a truck crashed into us. After that, everything went dark with the sounds of honking, people screaming, and more vehicle crashes getting lower and lower, until I heard nothing at all.

   If this is what happened to me, then that means I…

   “I died…” I muttered, finally putting the pieces together. “I died and reincarnated in this world…”

   I laid on the ground, looking up at the unfamiliar ceiling and the LED light, comprehending what I had just discovered.

   “Oh god…”

   My name is Ethan Monroe…and I just died and got reincarnated inside my favorite Novel.

31