Chapter 11- Master
20 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you ever had the privilege of hearing the captivating tale of the Four Mythical Kingdoms?" Gisella inquired, her tone imbued with a sense of intrigue.

"No, I hope this isn't an attempt to divert our conversation," Ittya responded, sceptical at the sudden change of topic.

Gisella reassured her earnestly, "Rest assured, dear Ittya, I would never jeopardize our crucial discussion by engaging in such subterfuge. The matters we discuss now hold immense significance for both of our futures. By the end of this conversation, I seek to earn your trust, for it is the only path that will lead you to true happiness."

Ittya remained silent at Gisella’s words, she made it clear only one truly bound to lose or gain here was Ittya.

Gisella began to expound, her words resonating with refined grace, "Let me tell you the tale of the Four Mythical Kingdoms and the one seat that reigns supreme. In a bygone era known as the Age of Celestial Rule, these ethereal realms held sway. First among them was the Throne of Ira, the Kingdom of Earth, the very birthplace of humanity. Second was the Throne of Garuda, the Kingdom of Birds, where the majestic Garudansh originated. The third was the Throne of Liendell, the Kingdom of Nightveil, shrouded in mystery even now. Lastly, we have the Throne of Aurelia, the esteemed Kingdom of Dragons, often referred to as the Elysium of the Divine."

"These Four Mythical Kingdoms, with their unrivalled majesty and might, existed as distant dreams, beyond mortal touch. When the Celestials faded into obscurity, the Four Kingdoms fell into ruin, vanishing from the annals of time. Millennia passed, and mortals yearned to discover these lost realms, searching in vain."

Gisella's voice carried a weight of significance as she continued, "However, a century ago, the Throne of Ira was unearthed, solidifying the belief that the Mythical Kingdoms were not mere fables. And merely two decades passed, and the Throne of Garuda was also discovered. In this remarkably short span of time, two of the long-lost Kingdoms were found.

And now, here I stand before you, encountering a human who bears the title capable of challenging the Throne of Dragons. Through my research, I have uncovered a tantalizing thread of information—two of the Mythical Kingdoms are ruled by individuals born with a specific title. Though the precise nature of this title eludes me, it is clear that a title bearer possesses the key to discover these ethereal realms. Thus, you, Ittya, possess a rare opportunity—a rightful claim to the Throne of Aurelia, the majestic position as the Queen of all Dragons. Might I add, you’re not alone the title bearer, there can never be one such is the Law of Balance."

"I cannot fathom the height of such a thing, Lady Gisella. I... I cannot help but feel inadequate and weak."

Gisella responded with a gentle understanding. "You may perceive yourself as weak, but that does not mean you cannot grow strong. In fact, I am confident that I can shape you into the epitome of strength, a dragon befitting the illustrious title you bear."

“How will you find the mythical Kingdom?”

"The truth is, my dear Ittya, no one can truly find the Dragon Kingdom. It is a fool's errand to pursue such a quest. Instead, my purpose is to nurture and guide you, to raise you as a monarch worthy of the throne. When the time is right, the Dragon Kingdom shall reveal itself to all that is worthy, and you will rightfully claim your place."

Ittya's confusion deepened as she inquired, "I understand your desire to raise a ruler for the Dragon Kingdom, but I struggle to comprehend why. What drives you, Lady Gisella?"

Gisella's voice softened, revealing a hint of longing and unfulfilled desire. "No, my dear Ittya, raising a Dragon monarch is merely a necessary step toward fulfilling my true aspiration—the desire I once cherished but relinquished.

I yearn to see a ruler ascend to the Sovereign Seat, the throne of the mightiest ruler, a seat of unparalleled power. It is a myth, devoid of concrete evidence, that speaks of a vanished throne once occupied by the Monarch of Celestials. Yet, just like the Four Mythical Kingdoms, that throne disappeared without a trace. I believe that once all four Kingdoms are rediscovered, the Sovereign Seat shall manifest itself."

Gisella's voice became fervent as she continued, Ittya had first time seen her loose composure, to not appear as calm and composed.

"On that day, realms will be plunged into chaos, and a war will ensue, decimating everything in its wake. And. from that ruin, a single King will rise—the one who will claim the throne, A single ruler worthy of the title— King of all that is. On that day, I desire to be the one who performs the sacred ritual, the crowning ceremony of that supreme ruler. In order to partake in that sacred act, I must raise a ruler, nurtured under my guidance."

Ittya's inquiry remained persistent as she sought to understand Gisella's motivations. "Lady Gisella, why do you harbour such a strong desire for this grand aspiration? I can understand the purpose behind wanting to be the one who sits upon such a throne. But the notion of raising someone else to achieve that goal is beyond me, you do not gain anything. I fail comprehend your underlying intentions."

"My dear Ittya, I hear your inquiry, but the intricacies of my motivations are not something I can divulge at this moment. Perhaps, when time allows and we find ourselves with idle hours to spare, I shall reveal the ‘why’ of my purpose. However, for now, as the sun prepares to rise, you will return to the lower realm. Before you depart, there are a few things I wish for you to know."

“Firstly, Stice is precious, far more precious than any potential you may possess. You need to prove yourself, and when I say "prove," I require you to perform one specific task. You can have it as long as you complete the task. Secondly, I am willing to give you Stice because I want you to become my student. By "student," I do not mean just anyone you have seen in your academy. I will teach you everything that a ruler must know, from commanding armies to the way you speak to the public. And you will unquestioningly follow my every command.”

Ittya remained silent, her thoughts swirling with questions and uncertainties regarding what she would be taught and the nature of the task before her. However, something more gnawed at her, her voice tinged with longing, "Will you teach me magic?" She should, right? She could tell how well-versed Gisella was in magic.

"Indeed, dear Ittya, I shall teach you the vast expanse of magical knowledge that exists in the world. Your mastery of magic will make even dragons burn in envy, should you prove yourself capable of wielding such Knowledge. Is there anything else you wish to inquire?" Gisella posed, sensing that there was something else Ittya should ask.

"No, that is all I wish to ask for now."

Gisella's smile morphed into a grin, cold and calculative. "Oh, my poor child, you should never agree to something unconditionally favorable, there is always a price. Anyhow, Allow me to reveal the task to you first. It is a simple matter, really."

"In the heart of the lower realm stands a towering structure, a majestic tower that you may have glimpsed before," Gisella began, her tone tinged with a touch of amusement.

"I have, I was a few meters away from it when a beast took a bite out of my neck," Ittya interjected, the incident happened just after she had been imprisoned here.

Gisella continued, "Even if you were to reach the tower, it would be a futile endeavor without the four keys that are guarded by four powerful guardians in the lower realm. One such guardian is the dragon that had scorched you. With these four keys, you can gain access to the tower's courtyard. However, to enter the tower itself, there is another key that must be obtained. This key is held by the Keeper of the Grounds, Rudra. You must acquire this key before I will employ the Stice."

Ittya's confidence wavered as she wrapped her mind around the impossible task. "That... that seems impossible. I cannot even fathom a way to obtain a key guarded by such a being. You could have simply stated your reluctance to use the Stice instead of constructing this convoluted conversation," she expressed, her frustration seeping through her clenched teeth. Anger once again stirred within her.

Gisella, undeterred by Ittya's frustration, responded coolly. "I want you to acquire one specific key, the one held by Rudra, the Keeper of the Grounds. No other key will suffice."

"And to acquire the other four keys, you will need sufficient time and resources," Gisella acknowledged, considering Ittya's concerns. "Very well, I have another idea. Once we have successfully reclaimed your kingdom, you will acquire and surrender the key to me. That should provide me with enough time to teach you the necessary skills and knowledge to stand a chance at acquiring the other keys. But for now, let us depart from this place."

"But how can we leave? I am bound to this place," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty. Ittya felt like an Idiot as soon as question left her mouth. Of course, this thing would have a way out. That would also solve the question of why she was never bothered while imprisoned in this place.

"Ah, yes, I neglected to inform you earlier due to the situation of yours. Rest assured, I possess the means to temporarily release you from your binding. However, it will only be for a limited duration, after which you must return."

Surprised, Ittya's hope flickered. "You can do that? So easily?"

Gisella chuckled softly. "As I mentioned before, I possess great expertise in ritual magic. It is not without its consequences, though. To enable your temporary release, I will create an additional formation atop the existing binding circle. This new formation will incorporate the principles of the House of Time, Temporal Sanctum, effectively suspending time within its boundaries and every ritual is abounded to time, if it halts so does the circle itself. However, this additional formation will eventually shatter, as the power of the Temporal Sanctum exacts a toll on my own time."

"And the time runs out… you will die," Ittya uttered, her voice filled with concern and horror.

Gisella met Ittya's gaze with calm and unwavering resolve. "Yes, that is a possibility."

"Why would you undertake such a risky endeavor for me? Regardless of how you phrase it, I am the sole beneficiary in this seemingly one-sided arrangement. I struggle to comprehend it. Please, tell me, why is it not one-sided?" Ittya's voice held a genuine desire to understand.

Gisella leaned back, her expression thoughtful. "Why does it matter?" she asked, seemingly contemplating the significance of Ittya's question.

"It matters because if I don't know why you are doing this, then I will still be a puppet, but with a different master. I don't want that," Ittya replied earnestly.

Gisella regarded Ittya for a moment before speaking. "And what if I tell you I am doing this out of kindness?"

Ittya shook her head. "You are not. No one does."

A small smile played on Gisella's lips. "True. It is refreshing to see that my student possesses a certain level of maturity. As for why I am doing this... I simply feel like it. That, I believe, is the most appropriate answer. If it brings you any solace, I am doing this because I have arrived here. Nothing more to it. I have no grand plan in which I will use you. If I were to put it in mortal terms, for me, creating ritual circles is akin to taking a leisurely stroll in a garden."

Ittya was taken aback by Gisella's candid response. "I don't know what to say. You speak as if I am mortal and you are not... though I find it more believable than I would like to."

Gisella's eyes softened as she extended her hand. "So, do you accept my offer? Will you be my student, and in return, I will free you from this curse once you prove to me that your worth is sufficient for the Stice to be used."

Ittya reached out and clasped Gisella's hand firmly. "I accept your offer, Lady Gisella. Please guide me."

Gisella's smile widened, "It is my pleasure to have you as my student, Ittya. From this day forward, you shall address me only as Master and my every word shall be a command that you unquestioningly follow. If you agree, formally Accept me as your master." Gisella brought her other hand into the air, and a blinding light formed in her hand. It died as quickly. In her hand was a pendant, a golden circle with feather-like wings on each side.

"I am Ittya, Princess of all that is born a dragon. From this day forward, your words are my command, Master." Gisella put the pendent on Ittya’s neck as Ittya spoke.

“This, my dear, is my gift. Should a time come and you find only darkness in your life, this will be your guide.”

And so, the Celestial Artisan and the Princess of all that is born a dragon forged their pact, embarking on a journey that would shape the destiny of all realms.

This concludes our Introduction arc. I know this arc may feel very incomplete, to say the least, but I assure you it is intentional, for this is how our Character leaves this place. Incomplete and confused... and traumatised, the effects of staying in Heishen Altar are not trivial, how much did it break her? That we will see in the next arc. And we will see a bit of What lies beneath Gisella's kind and understanding Mask. 

From here on everything in the main plot would revolve around Ittya getting back to her throne.  

0