Chapter 17- Lightning
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the blur cleared, Ittya found herself back in the room, with Gisella holding her head.

"Close your eyes," Gisella instructed. "Focus your senses, feel the lightning surging through your veins. Trap it within your luminance."

Ittya followed the instructions, attuning herself to the electrifying sensation coursing through her body. Lightning surged within her, and she channeled her luminance, guiding the lightning to gather in her spine until it consolidated in one place. The lightning was subdued, but what was the next step?

"Make the lightning flow with your luminance. Channel it, allow it to run through your body, but ensure it will never harm you."

Ittya concentrated, gathering all her luminance in one place, forming a circle around the lightning. She channeled the luminance and the sparks of lightning into her spine, where they took the form of her spine itself. She cycled the luminance and lightning through her body, creating a continuous flow. By the time she completed the tenth cycle, the lightning was completely under her control.

"Now, gather all the lightning in your hand," Gisella instructed.

Ittya complied, and as she did, her hand emitted sparks, indicating her newfound control over the lightning.

"Feed luminance to it, make it stronger and faster," Gisella commanded.

Ittya complied, drawing upon her experience of controlling luminance, something she had always done. It came naturally to her. The sparks grew larger, emitting a crackling sound.

"Now, force the lightning into your cuffs, melt them," Gisella instructed.

"What? No, it will burn my legs before it melts the cuffs," Ittya protested.

"No, you will control it. Make only the chains melt," Gisella insisted.

"It feels like too much to handle on my first try," Ittya hesitated.

"It is no different from channeling luminance directly. You can do it," Gisella assured her.

Reluctantly, Ittya swallowed her doubts and firmly gripped the metal chain with both hands, leaving a small gap between them. She channeled the lightning into the metal chain, expecting it to melt, but nothing happened. She continued to channel the lightning from one hand to the other, preventing it from escaping.

"Flow the lightning, increase its speed, and force it into a single piece of the chain," Gisella urged.

Ittya tried again and again, pushing herself to master the technique. With each attempt, she gained more control and understanding. She fed more luminance into the lightning, cycling it between her hands at an increasingly rapid pace.

The lightning grew brighter, white veins of radiance glowing within her hand. Suddenly, the metal chain turned red-hot and fell to the floor, creating a pool of molten metal that quickly cooled back to its original color. Startled, Ittya quickly released the chain, allowing the lightning to dissipate, escaping from her body.

Gisella let go of Ittya's head, and she slumped back onto the sofa, utterly exhausted.

"Not bad. It could have gone more smoothly, but this will suffice for now," Gisella remarked, turning her attention to the window where the sky had turned red. "And it should've taken less time. But can you remember the house?"

Ittya felt a headache returning as she tried to recall the structure of the house, but she managed to respond, "Yes."

"You look ghostly exhausted. Go and get some more sleep," Gisella said, pointing towards the bed.

Ittya didn't refuse and silently made her way to the bed. Before lying down, she couldn't help but ask, "Where did the lightning come from?"

As Ittya settled onto the bed, Gisella's voice echoed in her ears. "Every house has a tower or a similar structure that represents their primary concept or element. You gazed upon the lightning; it is your primary element. I will teach you how to conjure and control it... And it will be painless," Gisella explained, adding the last part as an afterthought.

"When you said painful, I didn't expect it to be this painful," Ittya expressed her surprise.

"I never underestimate or overestimate things. Now, to bed. Sleep will come to you without any problems. Tomorrow morning, we leave this place," Gisella instructed.

"Goodnight, Master," Ittya responded and settled herself on the bed, soon drifting off into sleep.

As Ittya slept, Gisella gazed at the blue moon outside. Her voice carried softly in the quiet room. "How deceiving your soft-spoken demeanor is. Even I failed to see the hollow that lies beneath. Are I capable of breathing life into you, I wonder? I do not believe you were sent here solely for the purpose of torment. No, you still have a purpose, or rather, your body and soul, whichever it may be, does."

"Have I inadvertently found myself entangled in an game? A grand tableau where every move has been preordained? Am I naught but a mere pawn, manipulated upon this intricate board? I extend my wishes of fortune to you, Veiled player amidst this orchestration of silent chaos, for you have already lost. What lies ahead us is, to what extent can you withstand the impending storm," Gisella concluded, her words imbued with an unsettling resonance. Her eyes trapping the ethereal glow of distant stars, as she gazed upon the Blue Moon. "Try and make this unassuming narrative as entertaining as possible."


In an ancient castle that had stood before the dawn of time, a figure cloaked in a hood stood gazing at the Blue Moon. Suddenly, it took a step and found itself in a dimly lit alley, where a blond man entered.

"Where do you stand now?" Lord asked.

"In front of my lord," the cloaked figure replied. "Tell us why you have summoned us here at such a critical time."

"I have indulged in a few too many drinks and now find myself in need of assistance. If you would be so kind as to provide it," the figure said.

The hooded figure shook as if shaking its head, its hand hidden beneath the sleeve of its cloak. It raised its hand, and the lord did the same. The figure dropped a bag of money into its lord's hand.

"There are thousands of retainers who can provide you with money, my Lord. I hope you won't summon me for such a foolish task again," the figure said.

"But you are capable, my little slave. Otherwise, you would not be here, entrusted with the most critical of tasks. I shall seek your help again. Until then, enjoy yourself and farewell," the Lord replied, his tone unbothered, even jovial. He walked out of the alley.

The figure waited until it was certain that its lord had departed. " Bastards, Fucking Bastards, I will peel that skin of your body and sling your throat in it," the figure continued to curse in colorful words. Kicking at a trash can as it did. Then, it coughed and took a step, finding itself back at the castle. It stared at the Blue Moon, its demeanor now overtaken by a serene aura.

0