Episode 1: New world
104 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Max awakens from his slumber, he senses the ground trembling beneath him. "What's happening?" he murmurs, his eyes fixed on a mysterious object hurtling towards him at high speeds. Swiftly, he jumps out of harm's way, only to realize with dismay that he is now trapped amidst a series of vehicles navigating through heavy traffic. Desperately, he tumbles, fumbles, and hastily turns towards safety, his body drenched in perspiration from the vigorous exertion.

Overwhelmed and terrified, Max utters, "What were those things, and where am I?" The bustling streets are filled with people walking on the sidewalks, cars honking, and the continuous sound of footsteps from passersby. The vibrant lights illuminate the faces of the bustling crowd, leaving Max completely shocked by the stark contrasts this world holds compared to his previous life.

passersby, with bright lights flashing on the faces of the people. Completely shocked by the parallel differences the world had compared to his previous life. 

As Max strolls along the streets, he comes to a halt when two children approach him and begin petting him affectionately. Puzzled, he wonders, "Why are they petting me?" Although uncertain about this unexpected attention, he finds himself savoring the gentle touch and reminiscing about the last time he experienced such warmth and affection. As one of the children gives him a belly rub, a tender smile graces their faces, and they exclaim, "Aww, that's a good dog."

As realization dawns upon Max, he is struck with the unbelievable truth - he has been transformed into a dog. "Noooo way, I'm a dog!?" he howls in disbelief, unable to comprehend the drastic change. Meanwhile, the kids who had been petting him continued on their way, following their parents. Max takes a moment to appreciate the peacefulness of this new world, devoid of the suffering and chaos he had known in his previous life. "I can't believe how calm it is here," he muses, relieved by the absence of innocent lives starving and the absence of senseless violence and pillaging.

As Max continues his journey, he finds himself walking into a bustling shopping district adorned with restaurants and shops. However, the tranquility is short-lived as a black void starts to form, and a peculiar creature emerges from the strange portal. Panic spreads through the crowd as people cry out, "Run! An elite monster is spawning!" In the midst of the chaos, Max notices a little girl, her face etched with fear, frantically searching for her lost stuffed bunny.

The scene intensifies as Max draws upon his past experiences and skills to protect the terrified child from the looming threat of the shadow fiend. With a determined expression on his face, Max reassures the girl, even though his words go unheard. He knows he must act swiftly to ensure their safety. Focusing his energy, he charges toward the shadow fiend, summoning a fiery incantation shaped like a blade at the brim of his jaws. With a powerful slash, he carves the ground, creating a dense smoke screen that shrouds their movements from the fiend's sight.

Amid the chaos, Max doesn't stop there. He simultaneously casts four ice shards from the sky, aiming to damage and impede the movement of the shadow fiend. The ice shards rain down, striking the fiend and causing it to falter in its steps. Seizing the opportunity, Max swiftly unleashes a torrent of fire, targeting the core of the monstrous creature. The flames engulf the fiend, scorching its form and weakening its malevolent presence.

Max's combination of strategic maneuvers and his adept use of elemental powers demonstrate his resourcefulness and determination to protect the innocent. With every move, he taps into his newfound abilities as a dog in this new world, harnessing the skills he acquired in his previous life. Max remains resolute in his mission to overcome the shadow fiend and safeguard the child from its terrifying grasp. The battle rages on, escalating to new heights as the fiend breaks free from the icy prison, its insatiable hunger driving it to consume the captured souls trapped within its core. Their cries of agony echo through the air, intertwining with the fiend's malevolent aura, fueling its dark power. Max's concern deepens as he witnesses the fiend's monstrous act. "Why has such a terrifying creature found its way here?" he asks, his voice filled with worry and disbelief.

Driven by a sense of urgency, the shadow fiend advances menacingly toward Max, its every movement exuding a malefic intent. In response, Max swiftly begins to chant an incantation, calling forth blazing armor that surrounds his body. The flames flicker and dance, shielding him from the approaching threat.

In his previous life, Max possessed extraordinary magical aptitude, coupled with exceptional swordsmanship skills. These talents granted him the esteemed status of a magic knight, a position predominantly reserved for the noble elite. It was a rare achievement, for magic was believed to flow more potently within the veins of royalty, a divine blessing bestowed upon them by the gods as a mark of their heroic destiny. Although Max's powers have diminished since his rebirth, he remains confident that they are still formidable enough to confront the fiend.

Clad in his flaming armor, Max moves deftly along the walls, his spell blade weaving a barrier of fire to contain the monstrous creature, preventing it from escaping and wreaking havoc upon the innocent. The young girl watches in awe, captivated by the spectacle unfolding before her eyes as if the flames themselves were a mesmerizing theater screen showcasing their life-or-death struggle.

The fiend retaliates with ferocity, unleashing tendrils of darkness that writhe and lash out at Max. But he remains agile and vigilant, dodging and parrying with the grace and skill of a seasoned warrior. With each dodge, he observes the fiend's patterns and weaknesses, strategizing his next move.

Max's instincts guide him to a pivotal moment. He leaps high into the air, ascending above the fiend's reach. As he hovers momentarily, suspended in mid-air, his eyes lock onto the creature's core, the source of its power. With unwavering determination, Max channels his remaining strength into a final, devastating strike.

Descending like a comet, Max plunges his spell blade deep into the fiend's core. The impact reverberates through the surrounding area, causing the fiend to convulse and emit a chilling scream. It’s dark form trembles and disintegrates, dissipating into nothingness. Silence falls upon the once chaotic battlefield. The shadow fiend has been vanquished, its threat eradicated. Max lands gracefully on the ground, his flaming armor gradually fading away along with the rest of his spells. He takes a moment to catch his breath, his eyes shifting toward the young girl.

His face lights up with immense relief upon witnessing the girl's radiant smile. "I'm grateful you're safe, thank goodness," he breathes out, a weight lifted from his heart. The little girl, filled with gratitude, replies, "Thank you for rescuing me." Modestly, he responds, "It was my duty. As long as everyone is safe." His words pave the way for a heartfelt embrace, as the child wraps her arms around him, expressing her appreciation through a tender hug. After the intense battle, the bustling shopping district gradually returns to its former state. However, the air is charged with anticipation as a squadron of dedicated monster hunters sweeps through the area

Modestly, Max brushes off the praise, his voice tinged with humility. "Don't mention it. As long as everyone is safe," he says, his words carrying a selfless sincerity. Before he can fully comprehend the depth of the moment, the child wraps her tiny arms around him in an affectionate embrace. The embrace symbolizes a bond formed through the shared experience of danger and survival, a connection that transcends words.

As the dust settles and calm returns to the shopping district, a squadron of dedicated monster hunters arrive, diligently scanning and investigating the area. They meticulously examine the aftermath of the battle, piecing together the clues to understand the nature of the threat that had emerged.

People cautiously begin to venture back into the once chaotic streets, their expressions a mixture of curiosity and relief. The presence of the monster hunters brings a renewed sense of security, their vigilant efforts reassuring the residents that steps are being taken to ensure their safety.

The captain of the monster hunters walks up toward us to lead us to her guardian who she was separated from during the cataclysm. "Aimi!" a voice rings out, filled with distress. The little girl's eyes widen, recognizing the voice she holds dear. In a rush of emotions, she breaks free from Max's side and dashes toward the figure she had been separated from during the cataclysm. The guardian, overwhelmed with worry and relief, opens their arms wide, ready to embrace the child they had feared lost forever.

"I'm so glad you are safe. I thought I had lost you," the guardian's voice quivers with a mixture of relief and tears that escape from their eyes. The weight of the recent ordeal lifts off their shoulders, replaced by an overwhelming sense of gratitude and renewed hope.

As the heartfelt moment between the guardian and the little girl unfolds, the captain of the monster hunters steps forward, his presence offering reassuring stability amidst the chaos. He approaches the guardian, acknowledging their deep bond but responds with the need for answers.

"I'll need to ask your daughter a few questions about the incident," the captain says, his tone respectful yet determined. He recognizes the importance of gathering information to comprehend the nature of the cataclysm and prevent future threats.

At that moment, the little girl's face lights up, and her eyes sparkle with admiration and excitement. With unfiltered enthusiasm, she exclaims, "The dog saved me! He defeated the scary monster and told me he was glad everyone was safe." She clings tightly to the guardian's hand, her trust and belief in the heroism of the transformed Max unwavering.

"He's my hero!" she declares, her voice filled with pure admiration and gratitude. The words hang in the air, echoing the sentiment shared by those who witnessed Max's bravery and selflessness. Her words resonate deeply, reaching Max's ears with a startling realization. He comprehends that she possesses a remarkable ability—one that allows her to hear and understand the thoughts and words of animals, a gift beyond the comprehension of others.

Prepare yourself for an extraordinary expedition, where the limits of what is conceivable are shattered, and the essence of heroism is unveiled.

2