8. First Kill
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucifer first headed towards the nearby Greenfield village, where he spent a few days searching for a suitable target to accumulate more Soul Points.However, he eventually decided against killing any humans in that village.

Firstly he had gotten to know most of the people there and knew that many of them had families, and the thought of devastating someone's family was unbearable to him. Additionally, he was grateful to the people of the village for giving him his initial fear points, as it allowed him to survive his initial days when he was not in the most stable state of mind.

He also realized that if he had gone to a place with martial artists and powerful cultivators when he was just transformed, he might have already been caught.

And finally, he was afraid that if he caused any more incidents in the village, the people of the nearby White Lotus City would become spooked and send powerful cultivators after him.

....

Lucifer followed the path he had observed the martial apprentice brothers take when they visited the village. After wandering for hours, he came across a group of martial artists returning to the city from a mission. He decided to follow them from a safe distance until they reached their destination, the White Lotus City.

As he approached the towering walls of the city, his heart began to race. The walls seemed to go on forever, stretching up to the sky like an impenetrable fortress. But it wasn't just the size of the walls that caught Lucifer's attention - intricate inscriptions were etched into the stone. He squinted, trying to make out the details and felt a chill run down his spine. These were no ordinary markings - they were symbols of a powerful array designed to harness the energy of the surrounding world.

Lucifer hesitated, wondering if he would be able to pass through the wall undetected. But he steeled himself and began to inch closer, surprised to find that passing through was easier than he anticipated. The array seemed to be oblivious to his presence.

As he emerged on the other side, he took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves. But the sight that greeted him was even more unsettling than the wall itself. The city was a bustling metropolis, full of people from all walks of life. Everywhere he looked, there were vendors selling goods, children playing in the streets, and powerful cultivators striding purposefully from one place to another.

Lucifer realized he was in over his head. He had never been around so many people before, let alone so many powerful cultivators. He knew he would need to be careful if he wanted to survive in this city, so he decided to explore the city during night time. His priority was to find his target quickly and quietly. He couldn't afford to draw attention to himself, not in a city full of powerful people.

.....

Lucifer moved cautiously through the bustling streets of White Lotus City, his eyes scanning the various structures and inhabitants around him. From the outskirts, he could see the stark contrast between the impoverished and the wealthy. The poor were crammed into small, ramshackle wooden huts, while the affluent resided in well-built houses with beautiful gardens.

The roads were littered with debris, and the buildings appeared old and worn with signs of decay. The dimly lit streets were illuminated only by sporadic candles and the faint light of the moon. He observed the shivering figures of people shuffling along the dirt paths.

As he ventured deeper into the city, the atmosphere changed. The streets widened and became cleaner, and the houses appeared more modern. The grand palace at the city's center, surrounded by smaller homes, caught his attention.

Entering the inner city, Lucifer was taken aback by the stark contrast it presented. The buildings were sturdy and made of durable materials, and the streets were paved with concrete, making travel easy on foot or horseback. The lighting became brighter, with otherworldly devices illuminating the streets, creating a surreal glow.

The inner city was undoubtedly the hub of martial arts. Every family had at least one martial artist, and all the martial academies, sects, clans, and army training camps were located within the inner city. The martial artists practiced their craft in the courtyards of their homes or in the training grounds.

Lucifer was amazed by the power and wealth of the martial artists compared to the mortal population. It was evident that the city was primarily built for them, with the mortal population relegated to menial tasks. The influence of the martial artists extended throughout the city, leaving a profound impact on the overall lifestyle and culture of White Lotus City.

After studying the layout of the White Lotus City, he decided to target the weaker mortals residing in the outer city. He believed that killing them would be an easy feat, and even if a few went missing, it would not alert the higher-ups of the city.

He also felt that mortals would have fewer intense emotions and desires compared to martial artists, making them easier to control. With this plan in mind, he set out to execute his dark agenda.

.....

As night grew darker, the ghostly apparition of Lucifer was eager to claim his first human life. Time was not on his side, so he patrolled the sparsely populated outer city in search of a potential target.

Lucifer's translucent form glided silently through the empty streets as he scanned for any sign of a victim. Suddenly, his attention was drawn to a man wearing a black cloth mask who moved in a secretive manner. Intrigued, the ghostly figure decided to follow him.

The man led Lucifer to a house that was built with one side of the wall as the city wall itself. With caution, the man slipped inside, checking for any signs of being followed.

Lucifer used his [Ghostly Vision{E}] skill to keep an eye on the man's movements without being detected.

The man entered a bedroom and began searching for something with a sense of urgency. He pulled aside a piece of furniture and revealed a hidden compartment. Without hesitation, he entered the compartment and vanished from sight.

Lucifer cautiously entered the house and attempted to use his [Ghostly Vision{E}] skill on the compartment door but could not see inside. He knew he had to enter the secret compartment himself.

As he entered the compartment, he was surprised to see an otherworldly light-emitting device, similar to the one he had seen in the inner city, illuminating the passageway. He marveled at the sight, wondering how such an expensive device could be found in the outer city.

Lucifer floated through the secret passage and found himself outside the city walls. He realized that the passage was used for smuggling people in and out of the city.

Following the man who was running ahead, Lucifer quickly closed the distance between them. After running for some time, the man stopped in a hidden area deep within the outer ring of the forest, presumably the place where he was supposed to meet someone.

Lucifer found himself in a dilemma, uncertain whether to kill the suspicious man or not. On one hand, the man's behavior was suspicious and could indicate that he was up to no good. But on the other hand, if the man turned out to be innocent and he killed him, Lucifer would bear the guilt of taking an innocent life.This guilt would only serve to increase his already increasing madness. However, if he didn't kill him now and missed his chance, he would regret not having acted when he had the opportunity. Time was running out, as the man's accomplices could arrive at any moment. After much deliberation, Lucifer decided to take the risk and kill the man.

He acted swiftly in fear of the possible arrival of the people the man was waiting for. He quickly found a large rock weighing around 20-30 kg and lifted it with his [Weaker Telekinesis{E}] skill.

Silently, he positioned the rock above the man's head and brutally smashed it, turning his head into a bloody pulp. Without wasting any time, he immediately absorbed the man's soul and converted it into soul points. However, just as he was about to check his points, he heard some noise in the distance, signaling the arrival of someone. He quickly left the area.

.....

Identity :-

Name :- Lucifer

Race :- Ghost

Stats :-

Energy :- 47/100

Natural energy loss :- 1 per hour

LifeSpan :- 47 hrs

Soul Points :- 250 points

Madness :- 25/100

Skills :-

1. Ghostly Vision {E}

2. Weaker Telekinesis{E}

3. Mirror Connection{E}

4. Weak Illusion{E}

 

1