ch 6 – Leisurely Life
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Click on the picture to access the visual novel chapter on google slides:

 

Youtube version

 

 


separator.png

In the previous chapter… Violet settled in Lorely’s house. They looked for Violet’s changes of clothes in the bag that the minotaur delivered alongside Violet.

Chapter 6
Leisurely Life

Witch Hut
Instead of clothes, glittering riches spilled out of the bag. Rings, earrings, circlet, gemstones, crystals, gold coins clinked beautifully on the table.

The sparkling jewelry blinded Violet, while Lorely almost fainted. There was enough wealth for common folks to live in leisure until their death.

A common pebble stuck out like a sore thumb. But for Violet, it was as precious as the other jewelry.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Ayooo!! It’s my pet rock!”
It was confiscated when Umbrine caught her.
※chapter 1 golem’s core

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Here, Umbrine left you a note.” Lorely extracted a spellbook and a sheet of paper from the bottom of the bag.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Seriously? Is she apologizing for what she did to me over a note?”

“Violet, if you read this, my plan to frame the mage guild for your escape was a success.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“... What?”

“It was my only way to protect you from both the mage guild wanting to dissect you and the ministers wanting to kick you out.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Protect me?! What drugs is she on? ”

“I won’t ask for your understanding since you never listened to me anyway. In fact, if you had the speck of intellect needed to understand your own situation, I wouldn’t have to resort to such methods.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Does she need to taunt me like this?”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Haha… She must have piled a lot of frustration serving her younger sister.”

“The ministers only saw you as an old weapon that outlived its usefulness. You didn’t manage to cultivate any other value, and you couldn’t see the schemes to replace you.”

A weapon that outlived its usefulness?! Violet couldn’t forgive such thing. She was a masterpiece born for the Dungeon’s sake. Rather, the old ministers were the useless ones and had no right to judge her as such!

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
‘If only the shadow Monarch knew of this… They would never tolerate such mistake!’

“All I did was beating them to the punch. You were able to keep your life thanks to me, so be grateful.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Woah… thanks I guess…” she said in a sarcastic tone.

“I included enough money to secure you and Lorely a pleasant life, so think of it as a well deserved retirement. You never liked Dungeon management anyway.”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Thanks miss Umbrine!!!” Lorely squealed but quickly quieted down after receiving Violet’s glare.

Was Violet supposed to feel grateful that Umbrine robbed her of everything but at least spared a few coins that she owned in the first place?

She had grown up with the Dungeon’s mentality of ‘Might makes right’, but now? She had learnt the bitterness of the defeated.

“There are also magic seals. It can stabilize your magic and make it harder for the mage guild to track you.”

“You’ll waste hundreds gold coins worth of durability each time you cast your crazy spells, so avoid it.”

“If push comes to shove, only stick to Summon Earth Elemental and Implosion. You won’t accidentally nuke a city by making a golem. While Implosion only requires you to constrain the area of effect without the need to control the intensity.”

“If you’re bored, I have included suitable material for artifact synthesizing in the bag.”

“It goes without saying but don’t step in a blessed town ever again. Instead, I hope that you can lead a peaceful life with Lorely.”

“Cordially,
Umbrine Ylenward”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Lorely, did you know about this? Did you plan all of this together in advance?”

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Not really, she just found me a place to live and told me that you’d visit. I got news about your situation later on.”

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I see…” Violet felt conflicted. Being sidelined like that was a profound denial of her worth.

If she could convey her worth directly to the Monarch, they would surely take Violet’s side and grant her revenge!

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“I’ll make them regret their choice!” She steeled her resolve. She didn’t know how, but she would grab the Monarch’s attention by reaching new heights.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“Do you want a refill?” She had already moved on and grabbed the opened wine bottle to distract Violet from her lack of clothing.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Hell yeah!”

Just like this, both of them spent happy days together.

Destitute Sovereign
Violet
“Lorely! Look at the sword I made!”

She swung her huge disgusting looking sword and cut the grass.
The greenery wilted and writhed in agony.

Harpy Hag
Lorely
“???”

 

AAAH I'm slipping behind the schedule!!!!!

 

Thanks you to my patrons:

Dubchee, Ginga

 

Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaS5stMxsr

Ko-fi account: https://ko-fi.com/owotrucked

Substar: https://subscribestar.adult/owotrucked

The tiers are:
2.5$ for 1 advance chapter
5$ for 3 advance chapters
7.5$ for 6 advance chapters

2