Chapter 28
234 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was christmas holiday and therefore I wasn’t at Hogwarts spending my time with a bunch of preteens. Rather, I was laying on my back on my couch, running my hands through Tonks' silky hair.

 

After a while I extracted myself from her embrace and started making breakfast, at some point she got up as well and came over to sit at the table.

 

“Anything special you want to do this christmas?” I asked, at which she winced.

 

“My parents invited you to spend boxing day with us actually.” She admitted.

 

Nodding I sat myself next to her.

 

“Alright Nym.”

 

A scowl.

 

“I only don't hex you for that because you're you.” She muttered, receiving a pleasant smile.

 

“So do you want me to meet your parents Nym?” I asked. Another twitch from her.

 

“You look cute when you're angry Nym” I breathed into her ear. That was the point where she started growling and I fled to the bathroom for a shower, fearing for my life.

 

When I finally came out I found her sitting on the couch, dressed in clothing that indicated she wanted to go out today. I nodded approvingly at her choice of clothing. Goth was so out, instead she simply wore trousers, military boots and a fluffy blue jacket.

 

“I see you’ve improved your fashion sense during my absence.”

 

“Come on wiseass, you're taking me on a date today.” She informed me while rolling her eyes.

 

“No I don't have a plan, it's your turn to decide.” She added after I looked at her questioningly. I shrugged at her and held out a hand.

 

By the way her face twisted in disgust, I managed to deduce that she did not like the feeling of my apparition. I smiled, pleased at myself. My deductive ability was quite high up there, I admitted modestly.

 

Apparition (active) lv. 3 Exp: 1%

 

Taking pity on my far-away look she took my hand and nudged me in the side, signalling that she was ready to go.

 

A loud crack heralded our surroundings having changed.

 

We were standing beneath a clear blue sky atop a mountain, looking down on a quaint little town surrounded by a lake with the most beautiful shade of blue and green.

 

“Ergarth, Where are we?” Tonks asked breathlessly. I glanced at her to see that she looked mesmerized by the beauty of this place. Also slightly put out that she had no idea where we were.

 

“Welcome to Hallstatt, Austria one of the more beautiful places in Europe.”

 

“Isn't intercontinental apparition illegal?” She asked.

 

I deadpanned. “How should I know, you're the auror trainee here.”

 

“The only thing we were taught about the subject was, and I quote. “To not fuck with anyone powerful enough to apparate intercontinentally.” She admitted, looking at me.

 

She was quite wonderful to look at as well. Short purple hair flying around frantically in the wind, smile tugging at her lips. She had blue eyes today, and freckles. I gave her a peck on the cheek.

 

I put on a smug look afterwards, but inside I was wondering.

 

Coming here had drained me almost completely, sure.

 

But with D being the average strength of a wizards magic...

 

Theoretically almost anyone could do what I’d just done. I narrowed my eyes, I had noticed when learning legilimency that I found it easier to use the skill wandlessly than the books said I should have.

 

On the other hand I had trouble learning to summon objects wandlessly when I had tried it all those years ago. I suspected that every magical was best suited for a specific element of magic. An affinity so to say. Or several really.

 

If I had an affinity for apparition, which fell under spatial magic. Well that would be a huge boon.

 

Tonks was shaking me.

 

“Ergarth you there?” She looked slightly worried, how long had I spaced out? I gave her my patented calm down smile #3.

 

“Sorry for making you worry, I was just thinking about something.” I took her hand and started leading her down the mountain, towards the small town.

 

After some wandering around in the place we sat down in a quaint café and I ordered some drinks in german.

Tonks was looking at me with that surprised expression again.

 

“I didn't even know you spoke german.”

 

“Do you want to hear about all the places I've traveled?” I offered, at which she immediately brightened up and nodded.

 

A few stories later we were wandering around the lake. I simply went over to her, put my arm around her waist and let her think.

 

“You've traveled a lot, it must be kind be kind of pathetic that this is the first time I've actually left Britain.” She said with hunched shoulders.” Ah yes, young people were prone to insecurities when in relationships.

 

“Life is like a book, staying in one place only lets you write a certain amount of pages. I decided early on, that I wanted to experience all that I could and write a bigger than average book.”

 

“Why are you in Britain then? Shouldn't you be traveling around the world?” She asked, not sad, but curious. I kissed her.

 

“It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” She started laughing in my arms. I held her hands. Slightly cold. Hmm. I warmed them up by creating a few streams of heat on my palms.

 

“You sound like an old man! Like Dumbledore even!” I laughed from the bottom of my heart at that.

“Old, I’ll have you know I’ll never be old, old is someone 20 years older than me!”

 

We both laughed.

 

Some people looked at us funny, but I saw some older couples glance at us, with a reminiscing look in their eyes.

 

Later when it was already night out we laid on the ground, looking up at the sparkling stars.

 

“I love you.” She said suddenly. I started running my fingers through her hair.

 

“I love me too.”

 

“Prat.”

14