Chapter 39
636 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I conjured a pebble in the path of a killing curse that would have hit my brother in the back and retaliated with a stunner.

 

The wizard with a badly trimmed goatee standing before me simply snarled a shielding spell, but wasn't ready for my wandless accio summoning a tree branch into his back.

 

I apparated behind the man and swiftly slit his throat with a knife.

 

Turning around I saw that reinforcements had arrived in the form of three more unkempt wizards, members of a revolution they fancied themselves, I just called them target practice.

 

“Festucam animo”

 

Using the time my three enemies were distracted by my splinters screaming into their minds, I took a look at how my brother was faring. Another wall of the tavern had fallen victim to his blasting curses.

 

Exchanging spells at a furious pace with two enemy wizards he seemed fine, but I transfigured a broken chair into a dog and sent it into his enemies just in case anyway.

 

The location directly behind the strongest looking enemy still in mind I apparated behind him the moment I felt magic approaching my previous location and cast a stunner at the back of his head.

 

He dropped like a fly and I managed to shove my trusty knife in the back of another one's head, before being forced to apparate away due to a sickly looking yellow spell flying towards me.

 

Me and my last standing enemy were facing off in a battle of stares, which we couldn't really determine the winner of since we were both wearing masks.

 

He a ugly leathery thing covering the upper half of his face and me wearing the mask of my 'Dishonored' persona.

 

I felt the splinter that had been attached to his mind return to me. This meant he had at least some skill in the mind arts.

 

Thankfully Bill was finally finished with his two opponents and the masked guy fled from the one on two fight he would have surely lost.

 

Suddenly six or so albanian auror’s appeared screaming something in their language.

 

Apparently we weren't quite done yet.

 

I let a tendril of Legilimency touch Bill’s mind, he recognized my signature and let me convey my message.

 

I raised my wand and cast the strongest lumos of my life. Due to the modifications I had done to my mask I wasn't blinded and neither was Bill since he was also wearing a mask, white porcelain with slits for eyes.

 

Only two of the aurors managed to shield themselves from the light somehow, both of them looking like old veterans.

 

I fucking hated old veterans, they were really hard to kill.

 

“Festucam animo”

 

My splinters managed to latch themselves onto the four idiots screaming and covering their eyes, I sent a cutting curse wide enough to potentially hit both veterans making the shield themselves.

 

Meaning they weren't able to protect the slowly recovering, blinded aurors from the massive incendio my brother sent their way.

 

They died screaming, one who must have been skilled in occlumency had already thrown out my splinter, but had splinched himself straight down the middle due to not being concentrated enough to apparate away from the approaching fire.

 

I sent a stunner at one of the remaining aurors, looked at the space to his right, and was suddenly stabbing him in the side while he was dodging my stunner.

 

Sadly he had dodged to the left so I only grazed him.

 

“Nëse ju dorëzohen tani ne do të jetë i butë.” I had no idea what the gray haired man was babbling on about so I pointed my wand at him and shouted a spell I had become fairly proficient at.

 

“Legilimens”

 

He was trying his hardest to throw my invasion off, suddenly feeling a sharp pain in my side I tried to apparate away, but apparently Bills enemy had somehow managed to raise an anti apparition ward or jinx at the right time.

 

I blasted away the transfigured dog, the one I had created no less and threw myself in the ground to prevent myself from experiencing the cruciatus.

 

Honestly, albanian aurors were worse than british death eaters in regards to dark magic, my side flaring up in pain I rolled even further away to dodge a cutter.

 

The auror facing me apparently grew tired of my dodging and cast a gigantic fireball at me, his mistake, he couldn't see what I was doing because of the fire blinding him.

 

I transfigured a wall of earth in the path of the fireball and swiftly put on my invisibility cloak and silenced myself.

 

An almost unhearable noise sounded and I fell on the ground clutching my ears. Some kind of sonic attack?

 

The man lumbered over to where I was lying but didn't see me. Scowling he cast a homenum revelio but that spell didn't work due to the properties of my cloak.

 

He turned towards where Bill and his opponent were trading spells at a maddening pace, making sure that if I had epilepsy I would be laying twitching on the ground.

Whatever you said about Bill, he was definitely a talented wizard, also my brother, so I could hardly let my enemies gang up on him.

 

The gray haired auror still had a slight stab wound on his torso, but decided that he apparently didn't give a shit and started moving towards my brother’s fight. Well we couldn't have that.

 

Pointing my wand at him I cast a silent stunner.

 

The man apparently having magical sense or simply unnatural reflexes spun around and deflected the spell just to get my completely non magical knife lodged in his throat.

 

My hand wobbling and my world still spinning from the sonic attack I lowered my outstretched arm and almost collapsed on the ground before I blurrily remembered Bill was still fighting for his life.

 

I sent a small tendril of legilimency to him and told him to hunker down and break the ward stopping any apparition.

 

I received a mental nod just as he suddenly stopped throwing spells and transfigured the ground around him into a metal half dome protecting him from the last auror giving him the precious two seconds he needed to break the ward.

 

The moment I felt the ward shatter with my magical sense I apparated behind the remaining auror and stunned him.

 

I felt Bill walk up to me.

 

“Man the bastard was tough, should we kill him?” I shook my head.

 

“No let's go home I think we had learned enough about mortal combat for now.”

 

“Thank god, the food here sucks ass, Dishonoured.” The portkey activated and we were both pulled to our living room in London where we collapsed from exhaustion.

5