Chapter 4: Contemplating the Alliance.
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the aftermath of her intense emotional outpour, Kazumi found some solace in Hiroto's presence. Their hands remained intertwined, a statement as to the unspoken understanding and support the two shared. She didn't to do it alone, in fact she couldn't do it all alone. She needed to form alliances with others who shared her vision of breaking free from the suffocating grip of tradition. How many there were she had no way of knowing, yet no matter what the answer was, however whatever whatever the answer trying was still worthwhile.

With a newfound sense of determination, Kazumi looked up at Hiroto, her eyes shining brightly with conviction. "Hiroto, I've made up my mind, if we are going to fight, then we need to gather more allies, as many as we can." She declared, taking a brief pause before resuming. "People who believe in our cause, people who are willing to loyally stand alongside us against the expectations imposed upon us."

Hiroto calmly nodded, his expression reflecting his unwavering loyalty to his master. "I understand, Kazumi-sama. I will do everything in my power to assist you in this endeavor. I have full faith that you'll come up with a fine idea."

With their resolves steeled, Kazumi and Hiroto sat in the serene confines of Kazumi's bedroom, as Kazumi began to develop a plan. The soft hazy glow of the evening sun trickled through the window, casting a faint light on their faces. Kazumi's mind raced between possibilities, considering all the potential allies they could approach. She turned to Hiroto, several ideas had formed in her mind, but she sought the approval of Hiroto first to confirm she had a good grasp on the situation. After some mental deliberation she started to outline her thoughts.

"Hiroto, we must carefully choose who we approach. We can't involve untrustworthy individuals, we can't have our plans leaking. We need individuals who not only understand and agree with our cause, but are also courageous enough to stand up for their own beliefs and freedom. Kazumi stated, her determined eyes fixated on the delicate cherry blossom pattern adorning the walls.

Hiroto gently nodded his head in agreement, he was fully supportive of his master. "Indeed, Kazumi-sama. We require only the allies who possess both the conviction and the strength to break the chains of tradition that bind you."

As the two continued their conversation, several powerful names emerged, individuals within their elite circles who already were friends or had shown glimpses of discontent with the constraints imposed upon them. Kazumi's thoughts turned first of all to Aya Nakamura, her close friend and confidante, one whom had always questioned societal norms. After all, Aya was someone born to two famous artists, her families fame and power wasn't over many generations, thus there were many norms that her family went against. Aya's leader-like independent spirit and unwavering support made her a natural, obvious candidate for their alliance.

"Perhaps it would be best to approach Aya first." Kazumi suggested, her voice laced with hope. "She has always been by my side, and I believe she shares our desire for change. She is the most likely to join us, her nature may make it easier to recruit others as well."

Hiroto smiled warmly, acknowledging the wisdom in Kazumi's words. "Aya is a brilliant choice, her presence would indeed strengthen our cause. Her dedication and boldness would make her a valuable asset to our alliance."

With the first candidate established, Kazumi's thoughts then turned to the prestiged Reina Fujimoto, the striking young heiress to Fujimoto Enterprises, an internationally prominent conglomerate in the fashion industry. Reina's largely commanding presence and sharp business acumen were widely recognized within elite circles around the world. Although their relationship as of present had been fueled by a vast family rivalry, Kazumi couldn't deny Reina's sizeable potential as an ally in their fight against tradition.

"What about Reina-san?" Kazumi had let the words slip as she had been just listing off lines and now had to begrudgingly acknowledge her rivals skills. "Despite our differences and rivalry, I've seen her ambition and determination first-hand. I must also admit she possesses great intelligence, as well as impeccable information gathering abilities that we'd be in need of." Kazumi spoke almost sourly as she had to admit that Reina had an invaluable strength in an area that Kazumi herself was lacking. What Kazumi wasn't willing to admit however is that her inclusion of Reina was both a hunch and an attempt to cover up due to her embarrassment.

Hiroto pondered for a moment, considering the complexity of their relationship with Reina, after all due to the rivalry between Kazumi and Reina, Hiroto wasn't the biggest fan of Reina so to speak. Yet, if his master was willing to bite the bullet and trust Reina, then so would he. He personally hadn't noticed that Reina took issue with the current status quo, but clear his master had noticed in spite of their rivalry."You're right, Kazumi-sama. Reina's unwavering drive and her ability to make an impact on society could make her an invaluable member of our alliance. We should approach her at an opportune moment and offer her a chance to break free from the confines of society's expectations."

They now had two candidates in mind, but even assuming that both agreed, more help would be greatly needed. Kazumi's thoughts then turned to the wonderous Katori Suzuki, the brilliant young heiress of a world-class cyber security firm closely allied with Akamatsu Industries. Katori's distinctive ideologies and prodigious talent for hacking made her an incedibly helpful ally in their fight against tradition. After all, her selection of unique skills were not easy to come across at this caliber. There was great potential for the use of her skills in the fight against the elite.

"What about Katori-San?" Kazumi proposed, her voice tinged with anticipation as her particular set of skills excited her as to see what she would be capable of doing to help their cause. "Her expertise in cyber security and her dedication to the idea of freedom align with our cause. She possesses a rare combination of intelligence and resourcefulness that can be useful."

Hiroto pondered for a moment, recognizing the value of Katori's unique skills and background. "Once again, you're right, Kazumi-sama. Katori's exceptional talents in the realm of digital defense mechanisms and hacking techniques could be instrumental in the success of our mission. Let us approach her the next time we come across her and offer her the opportunity to contribute her expertise to our cause. With you as the leader of this alliance, I'm sure she won't refuse the offer."

As the pair continued their discussion, Kazumi's thoughts turned finally to Kumiko Kishimoto, the younger sister of the very man Kazumi had romantic feelings for, Yuki. Kumiko's enchanting appearance and nurturing spirit made her an appealing candidate to join their cause due to the vast potential that came with her qualities.

"Oh, what do you think about Kumiko-san?" Kazumi suggested thoughtfully, a smile placed at the corners of her lips. "She possesses a warmth and kindness in her that is hard to replicate, one that could bring our alliance closer together. Kumiko's deep connection with her brother Yuki and her own connections within the performing arts industry make her an ideal addition to our group."

Hiroto's eyes brightened with slight enthusiasm as he recognized the potential synergy that Kumiko could bring to their group. "Indeed, Kumiko's ability to uplift and support others is nothing short of invaluable, coupled with her understanding of the entertainment industry and the elite society as a whole, would strengthen our alliance both with keeping morale high and with the provision of much needed information. Let us reach out to her in the near future and offer her the opportunity to stand alongside us as allies."

Kazumi nodded, her excitement growing the more she thought about how this group was shaping up, that is of course if all those mentioned agreed to join them. "Yes, let us extend our invitation to Kumiko-san. I believe her perspective and compassionate nature will enrich our alliance and may help to keep us calmer in moments of strife."

As it grew late into the night, the conversation drew to a close, Kazumi turned to Hiroto, gratitude evidently shining in her eyes. "Hiroto, I am highly grateful for your unwavering support and insight. Your assistance has been invaluable and I do hope that you continue to offer me your support."

Hiroto bowed respectfully. "It is my honor and duty to assist you, Kazumi-sama, both now and into the future. Your cause is one that I wholeheartedly believe in. Now, it is getting quite late, I would recommend that we resume this at a later time, you need to get some rest."

Kazumi's expression softened slightly, and she let out a chuckle, the first once since her issues arose. "You're right, Hiroto. It is getting late, I must preserve both the beauty and the intelligence that I pride myself in. So don't worry about me, I will retire for the night and get some much needed rest."

Hiroto smiled, a dash of concern still evident in his eyes. "Indeed, Kazumi-sama, a well-rested mind and body are essential for the many challenges that undoubtedly lie ahead. Sleep well and replenish your strength."

Kazumi relented, agreeing with the wisdom in Hiroto's words. "Thank you, Hiroto. I appreciate your care and concern as always. Let us reconvene tomorrow to continue our discussion."

Hiroto nodded, his voice gentle. "Until then, Kazumi-sama; sleep peacefully and dream of the bright future we will strive to create."

With a final respectful bow, Hiroto took his leave, leaving Kazumi alone to rest in her bedroom. As she changed into her nightwear, she couldn't help but feel a sense of unease for the future that awaited them. The alliance they were building held the potential to challenge the very fabric of their society, and as the face of this alliance, she couldn't sit by and do nothing. She had to take the necessary steps required and support those around her.

With a contented sigh, Kazumi settled into her welcoming bed, the weight of the day's events giving way to the tranquility of sleep. As she closed her eyes, she felt a strong renewed sense of purpose and determination coursing through her veins. Tomorrow would bring new challenges and new possibilities, and she would do her best to face them with the courage and unwavering resolve needed by someone with such large ambitions.

The End.

-By SquidC4. 

1