Chapter 3: Life is at stake
510 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoying the perfect meal, the monster tentacle began to plan its next goal. 

 

He now has a strength of only 7, but a normal woman's strength is probably around 10 points. 

 

Considering the special physical structure of the tentacle monster, he need not take full control of his victim as a human male would. If he can find an unarmed female, then by his own estimation, there is a high probability that he will succeed. 

After two months of life, he couldn't stand it anymore. Female bodily fluids were a great tonic for tentacle monsters, delicious and nutritious. He was now like a human who had not touched meat for two months, and he desperately needed something to improve his food. 

 

For the above two reasons, he decided that it was time to look around for human settlements. 

Well, in fact, it was decided because of enough strength, not because of eating meat. 

The direction the tentacle monster chose was the best solution he had summed up after exploring for the past two months. This direction seemed to have fewer powerful beasts, so it was safer and more likely to have humans. 

 

With two extra points of power, the Tentacle Monster hurries much faster than he did two months ago. 

 

After changing directions several times, he vaguely felt that there seemed to be fewer and fewer beasts around him. According to his speculation, this should be a manifestation of getting closer to human settlement. 

On this day, the tentacled monster was walking through the forest while sensing that something was wrong. 

The silence in all directions was unnerving. Not even the hissing of insects was present. If it weren't for the occasional rustle of the wind blowing through the leaves, he would almost suspect that his hearing was faulty. 

 

What was going on? He wondered. 

 

With this doubt in mind, he took a few more steps and then suddenly realised his folly. 

 

What could have cleared even the nearby insects and ants? 

He didn't know what strength could do this, but he knew this was the kind of thing he must not be able to afford to mess with. 

So he stopped, turned around and ran. 

However, before he could even take a step, a flying sword flew over at incredible speed! 

 

"!" 

With no time to think where the flying knife came from, the tentacle monster quickly reacted with his 14 points of agility and dodged to the side. 

However, it was already too late as the flying knife struck the root of one of the tentacles at once. 

A sharp pain came, followed by an even deadlier tingle. 

"Poisonous?" the tentacle was creepy and reacted quickly, abandoning the tentacle. 

He had never used this self-cutting ability, and now, driven by instinct, he used it straight away. 

 

Fortunately, he had avoided the most vital central location, otherwise he would have been hopeless by now. 

After severing his tentacles, he did not make any other moves, but simply lay down on the ground and began to play dead. 

That was the instinct he had developed over the past two months. The creatures here were not willing to eat this strange creature they had never seen before unless they were hungry. In the face of tentacle monsters who pretended to be dead, they often took a sniff and left. 

"What's going on?" Suddenly, a voice came from somewhere. 

 

" It's been dealt with." Another voice responded. 

 

Then the surroundings fell silent once more. 

The tentacle monster lay on the ground, not daring to move, while cursing itself in its mind. Why did he have to take a few more steps forward? 

Now he was badly wounded and couldn't go hunting to recover, so he had to spend time with the mysterious man who had attacked him. Luckily, he had hoarded a lot of energy before he came out, so he could still hold on for a little while. 

The rest of the wait was long and breathless. 

After two months of hunting, the tentacle monster had thought he was quite used to waiting. 

 

Now he realised that it was because before his own waiting had been full of expectation. 

Before it was clear that he was waiting for a rabbit, but now the wait was full of unknowns. 

He didn't know how long he had waited, only that the sun was setting, night was falling with it, and his reserves of energy were drying up fast in order to heal his wounds. 

 

The pressure of death soon overwhelmed him. This feeling was unreal and maddening. Obviously there was nothing around, even though it was terribly quiet, but in the void that seemed to be nothing, there was a terrifying threat that could take your life at will. 

 

The tentacle monster felt like he couldn't hold on any longer. He wanted to jump up and scream, he wanted to wield his tentacles and wriggle about. 

No matter what he does, he just wants to end this endless wait and break this eternal silence. 

However, reason told him that if he did, he would surely die, so he could only restrain himself by force. 

In the silence, the night came to an end, and the sun hung over the sky curtain. However, the wait continued. 

 

The tentacle monster was already going mad. He remembered the novels he had read in his previous life that depicted snipers versus snipers. He felt that he was like that now. 

 

The difference was that the sniper in the novel had undergone strict training and was one in a hundred elite, while he was just a weak and pitiful tentacle monster who had never faced death. Even snipers had hope, and the desire to defeat the enemy supported their belief. The tentacle monster's waiting was just waiting for a group of enemies he could not see to leave. He did not know where the group of people were, nor what signs they had left, but just waited blindly. 

 

Just as the tentacle monster began to blur in consciousness, suddenly he heard a few words. 

 

"Target found." 

"Okay, let's go. Remember, the corpse is also the target." 

These two bland and short words sounded heavenly to the tentacle monster, but he still dared not get up, so he could only begin to think about the meaning of these two words to distract himself. 

 

"Target, prove they came here on a mission." 

"Corpses are also targets? What does that mean? Are they necromancers and need to collect corpses as materials? But do necromancers need to wait all day in the wild mountains in the wilderness like this just for a few corpses?" 

 

"Well, maybe it's a killer hired by a necromancer. He has a crush on someone with a special constitution, and this person's body is precious to a necromancer?" 

 

Tentacle Monster felt that his logic was very self-consistent and couldn't help but feel complacent about his sharp reasoning. 

He then considered another question. 

Would you like to follow? 

 

His curious nature began to stir. After a few seconds, the tentacle monster, who had not learned his lesson at all, made a decision: 

Follow the past! 

There was a reason for this decision. From the conversation just now, the other side was a group of mercenaries or killers who were on a mission. They had a very high degree of organization, and there were at least three people. Since they worked for necromancers, they must know that this kind of profession was hated by people, so they must not dare to stay too long, and they must not dare to take too much. 

This way the tentacle monster can take advantage of the opportunity to make some profit. Even if there was only one mangled 1st or 2nd level human corpse, that would be worth a few dozen rabbits, and might get him to 3rd level in place. Or, if he could pick up some magic items or something, he'd make a fortune. 

17