Chapter 4: The Captive Girl
654 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So he did not hesitate any longer, and the tentacle monster with only three tentacles left walked quickly forward. 

 

He soon found several sets of shallow footprints. These footprints were so shallow that they could hardly be seen. He found them only by relying on the sharp touch of the tentacle monster and his vision that was almost close to the ground. 

 

Following this set of footprints, he gradually heard bursts of shouting and killing. 

The shouts were not as loud as those of the previous group and should have come from those who had been attacked. 

As he continued to walk, the trees around him became sparse to the naked eye. Finally, a fairly wide road appeared, probably as wide as the second lane in his previous life. 

And on this road, two groups of men were fighting. 

On one side were four masked men in cloaks, standard assassins, the same men the Tentacle had met in the forest. 

 

The other side was large, perhaps a dozen or so, all of them clad in armour and looking like a group of soldiers. They had formed a circle and were desperately guarding a wagon. 

The four killers had already reached the point where they could sneak in front of each other, relying on their elusive characteristics to take turns attacking from various angles and testing the defense circle. However, the soldiers were firmly guarded, allowing them to return repeatedly without success. But the killers did not care. They maintained their attack frequency like four sophisticated machines, forcing the soldiers to remain nervous all the time. After a few rounds, there were already soldiers who were getting tired. 

 

At this moment, even the tentacle monsters watching the battle from the side could see the purpose of the killers: they knew that the soldiers would not dare to let them near the wagons, so they used them recklessly to drain their strength and energy. There was nothing the soldiers could do about it, and even if there were one or two strong soldiers in the group, there was nothing they could do to catch the cunning ones while keeping their defenses up. 

When the soldiers saw that the situation was bad, one of the leading soldiers quickly crushed something. Then he shouted, "Go, if anything happens, it's on me!" 

This group of soldiers were obviously the best of the best. After hearing the leader's order, they quickly reacted and rushed forward to scuffle with the killer. 

Despite knowing there was a problem, the killers still assigned a person to attack the carriage. But as expected, as soon as he approached the carriage, he was forced to reveal the prototype by a strange fluctuation, and the person was unable to move half a step forward. The soldiers who crushed the objects quickly rushed forward and entangled him, giving him no chance to approach the carriage again. 

 

The battle instantly went from a war of attrition to a short battle. The soldiers were more numerous on one side, but only the leader and another soldier seemed to be able to fight the killers to a draw. The others had to be several to make one. The tentacle monster surmised that the two stronger soldiers and the four killers should all be in rank 3 or higher, while the other ordinary soldiers should all be in rank 2. 

Soon, the first victim appeared, a common soldier. Next came the second and the third. 

But the battle did not turn out to be bad because of that. Killers were killers after all, and this kind of war of attrition war was something they were not good at. Despite their crushing strength, even the tentacled monsters could see that their endurance was rapidly diminishing. 

 

It was an evenly matched battle. 

 

There was only one man standing in the end, a killer.

 

He dashed towards the carriage at great speed. The protective shield guarding the carriage was actually not strong, only acting as a hindrance. After a few cuts, the protective shield broke open. 

However, he did not notice that behind him, a suspicious mass of flesh was creeping silently. 

Although he could not see the killer's face, the tentacle monster knew full well that he was already a spent force. Whether it was his heavy panting or the several shocking wounds on his body, it showed that he did not have much strength left. 

 

Both sides lost. It was simply the most wonderful ending. 

 

He didn't understand why these assassins had to fight hard with the group of soldiers when they were clearly entangled. This was obviously not something a killer should do. Whatever the reason, it was obviously a good thing. Not only did this drop dead bodies all over the ground, it even gave him greater desire. 

He wanted to sneak up on this killer. 

How many achievement points would that award if he killed a powerful enemy who had bottomed out at the third rank with a 0-rank body? 

 

He didn't know, but the thought of such a thing was exciting to Touch. 

So, his curiosity stirred again and he moved his three remaining tentacles almost without hesitation, ready to deliver a killing blow to this killer while he was fully focused on handling the carriage. 

 

The killer broke the protective shield, then raised his dagger and stabbed it at lightning speed. 

Almost simultaneously, a long sword stabbed out of the carriage and blocked the thrust. 

"Heh heh." The killer laughed grimly, "As expected of a thousand-year-old daughter of Bronisar, at such a young age you have such skills..." 

Before he could finish, he raised his fist. The tentacle monster could not even see his movements clearly, and the luxuriously decorated carriage had been split in two. 

Just then, however, a figure jumped out of the carriage through the door. 

 

"It's no use." The killer waved his dagger without a care in the world, "No matter how talented you are, you are still just a child, do you think you can escape me?" 

 

Tentacle Monster looked at him speechlessly. Wasn't that guy cold before? Why is he talking so much now? I don't know if the long wait and the fierce battle made him too stressed, and now he is eager to find a vent. 

"Minions of the Caped Crusade, cowards are the ones who will submit to you!" The figure in the dust cursed coldly, her voice clear and gentle, surprisingly sounding like a young girl. 

"You may be angry, you may insult me." The killer licked his blood-stained dagger, "only I hope your mouth will still be so hard next." 

18