Background
585 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You have participated in a battle and killed a powerful enemy. Based on participation and relative difficulty, the rating is: difficult, bonus points: 10" 

 

"Complete Achievement: Strong Enemy, Difficult: Obtained victory in a battle rated as difficult, obtained 100 achievement points" 

The joy of instantly reaping a huge sum of money almost made Tentacle Monster cry with joy – if he could cry, he might have already done so. His joy, however, was soon restrained. Because he found that the girl who had just solved the enemy had already set her eyes on him. 

After all, his appearance was not a good one at first glance. 

"Wait, please wait!" The tentacle monster hurriedly spoke out to stop it. Lest the girl kill him. 

"!" The girl was taken aback by his words. She hung her sword in mid-air and looked at the tentacle monster in confusion. 

"You can talk?" 

"Yes, I can talk!" Tentacle Monster saw that she had stopped her hand and hurriedly said, "A noble person like you must not have the habit of repaying kindness with enmity, right?" 

The girl shrank her sword back a little hesitantly: "Indeed if it were not for you, I would have died." 

No, if it weren't for me, you would be being slowly sliced to pieces by that man right now, the tentacle monster thought darkly. 

Still, he was relieved to see the girl's reaction, "I knew your virtue was as noble as your status. 

Forgive me for this, but where do you and your loyal soldiers want to go?" 

"My name is Lydia. You may address me as Lydia." The girl said. 

"We..." Lydia looked around at the bodies of the soldiers strewn about, her eyes a little sad, "We are going to the Kingdom of Dalizith." 

Upon hearing this, the tentacle monster had an idea in his mind. 

This girl looked like a noble of high status, she had saved her life and appeared to be a good person, even willing to tell herself her name. 

If so, if I followed her to that Deliquite place, would it be possible to ask her or the Deliquites for a slave or maid or something? 

In that case, it should not be a problem to rise to the second rank in a year or two. By then, one would have the ability to defend oneself in the forest. 

So, he said, "Oh, hello, noble Miss Lydia. As you can see, I'm just a nameless, nameless tentacle monster, so if you don't mind me, you can call me Tentacle." 

Laetitia raised her eyebrows: "It's not proper to be called Tentacle... How about I call you Tredius?" 

"Oh, that's a good name, my lady." The tentacle monster accepted the name, which sounded quite nice. 

"I wonder if I could have the honour of travelling with you to Deliquite?" 

Laedilea hesitated a little at his words. 

The tentacle monster thudded in his heart. The lady didn't think he was too shabby looking and wouldn't take him with her, did she? 

Who knew, but Lydia whispered, "Since the twin gods gave me this opportunity, I don't want to go to Deliquite anymore." 

"??" The tentacle monster was instantly confused. 

"And you are?" 

Lydia looked away and whispered, "Tretius, do you know what I am going to Deliquite for?" 

"Not sure." 

"My father is King Ramidat VI of Veronisar. The current Governor of Duprian, a shameless rogue and scoundrel, has disregarded the treaty between Veronisar and Loomis and openly challenged my father by declaring Veronisar in violation of the vassalage agreement. Forced into a corner, my father sought an alliance with our neighbor, Sinope, and I became the instrument of that alliance. My father wants me to marry the heir of the Tamaradat family, Disamara, as a testament to Sinope's resolve. However, Disamara is a foolish and arrogant libertine. I have seen him and heard many rumors about him. But for the sake of my father and to protect the ancient city of Alba from the ravages of the Loomis people, I have no choice but to go through with it." "Now, I have done my duty, only the twin gods had mercy on me and allowed me to escape this assassination, and for you and I to meet. My life today is given by the twin gods and not by my father, and I have the right to decide where it goes." 

"..." 

The tentacle monster was a little less than impressed by Lydia's amazing logic. 

Of course, on the one hand, he was also baffled by the bent variety of names for the land. 

He subconsciously wanted to dissuade Lydia from going honestly to Deliquite, after all, he was expecting to ask the Deliquites for a slave girl. 

But on the other hand, he knew that now that Lydia was crushing him in terms of both strength and status, it would be better for him not to talk too much, or he might make his opponent angry. 

19