Chapter Three-Annie Phillips-Friday, June 13, 1979-Part One
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Annie Phillips, 18, was hiking towards Camp Crystal Lake. 

Camp Crystal Lake campers

She walked towards Miner Road. 

The darkness of the Vietnam War, and the deaths of religious, and political figures, were gone from the shattered minds of America's youths. Some grew up knowing that 'The Land of the Free...and the Home of the Brave', (the United States itself), was patriotic as the swaying flag that made everyone glad to be able to be with their family, and parents saw off their teenagers from their houses once their sons and daughters turned eighteen. Of course, they weren't considered adults until they were twenty-one. Annie was born in nineteen sixty-one, when President John F. Kennedy was Commander-In-Chief. The Cold War, and the Bay of Pigs invasion, created more chaos. Annie's parents, James and Mary Philips, 39, were schoolteachers in New York. Annie grew up to explore the deep woods. But, as she grew up, she saw hippies smoking, and she didn't go to the 1969 'Woodstock' music festival; she did see 'Easy Rider'....and thought that America was damned. By 1975, Annie went to New Jersey High School. There were friends she didn't know like, or boyfriends who cheated on her. Some girls married young, like Dee Gregson. But she was a Prom Queen. She looked beautiful. Annie had long, brown hair, blue eyes, and average height. She wore a bra, a plaid shirt, blue flares, grey socks, and brown shoes on her feet. She told her parents: 'I am going to Camp Crystal Lake. Steve Christy hired me as a camp cook'.

'Be careful, Annie'. 

It was her mother.

'Don't meet any strangers'. 

It was her father. 

But, for Annie, her life was going to end.

~~~

 

Page 4.

 

 

0