The Prefect
164 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Crucio!"

There was a piercing chirping sound that reverberated through the hill where the four had settled, far away from prying eyes.

"Damn, this thing is tougher than that parrot we had tried before" Rosier exclaimed as the little blue bird struggled to move around.

"Crucio!" it was Riddle's turn now.

With a flash of green light, it had now dropped dead.

"You killed that thing with a curcio curse, Mate!" Avery looked upon Riddle with admiration.

"It's probably because it had taken all of your curses before," he shrugged.

"Do you think Grindelwald would actually change our world for the better?" Rosier chimed in randomly.

"His values are inspiring, exactly what we need and he is powerful too," Avery answered instead.

"My father says, If only the Ministry heard his say-- Our world would definitely be better," he added.

"What do you think Riddle?" Notts questioned him as he looked far away into the bright sky.

"I think the statute of secrecy is pointless like he says, we shouldn't be hiding" he finally said.

"When he becomes powerful, we should join him perhaps!" Avery told, getting all excited.

"Let's see," Riddle agreed with a thin smile.

"Oh no, I have to go now" Avery interrupted all of a sudden.

"What? why?" Rosier asked him looking bewildered.

"I have to watch Morsia trying quidditch!" he said getting anxious looking at his watch.

"Don't be silly, There's no way Lestrange would allow someone like her to play for our team!" Notts stood up, clearly annoyed by the fact.

"You're so obviously jealous Notts! Maybe we should throw you out and have Morsia in our troop instead!" Avery snapped at her.

Notts turned red with fuming anger as she drew her wand out to curse Avery.

"Nope, she's gonna be doing potions," Riddle added casually without taking his eyes away from the horizon.

"What?" the other three said in unison.

"what for?" Avery asked him cursing himself for not knowing about this.

"Special classes," Riddle remarked.

"About time, that dumb bitch got some lessons" Notts snorted.

Just then she had noticed someone walking toward them up the hill, wearing long black robes with a side ponytail, her amber eyes piercing through Notts' soul, it was Morsia.

"Speak of the devil! She's here!" Notts alerted the rest.

Riddle turned to look to check if she was telling the truth, just the sight of Morsia made him anxious.

"C'mon, quick! get rid of that bird! We don't know what she's like!" Avery signaled Rosier, who, upon hearing this, kicked that dead bird into the wind.

"Hello," Morsia greeted them indifferently in general.

"Hey Morsia, didn't you have quidditch tryouts? Avery asked her, his nervousness prominent in his voice.

"Oh, well I had something else to do," she said calmly smiling at him.

"Remedials, you mean?" Notts added subtly, in a mocking tone which was clearly missed by Morsia.

"Anyways, Professor Slughorn is looking for you two" She pointed toward Notts and Riddle.

"Huh, Why?" Notts interrupted squinting her eyes at Morsia.

"Sure," Riddle complied, he followed her as she started walking downhill, completely ignoring Notts. Something they both had in common.

Riddle couldn't think of the last time he and Morsia had interacted properly after the first day.

She had confronted him about her ruined Notebooks.

"Aren't you supposed to keep my notebooks on the desk safely?" Morsia had asked.

"I don't know, It must've been the wind" he lied, in a way that she could decipher was a lie.

"Winds in the dungeon, you say?" she had smiled wickedly at him before walking away.

'That must've been the last time', he wondered.

But it doesn't matter, He didn't want anything to do with a dumb bitch, at least that's what he had thought.

The three reached Professor Slughorn's place.

Riddle was immediately greeted with a warm smile.

"Good to see you Tom, I'm really sorry about bothering you on the weekend" he apologized.

"It's alright, Professor, I was simply hanging out with my friends" Riddle reassured him, he was curious as to why Professor Slughorn might need him, along with Notts and Morsia.

"Well, Thanks to you Tom! Morsia cleared every single test I had for her!" he exclaimed proudly.

"Surely, Ms. Ravenwood is a talented witch! I'm wrong for doubting you," he apologized to Morsia, to which she half smiled.

All of a sudden, he turned dark as he finally looked at Notts who was standing beside Riddle, looking thoroughly annoyed.

"Ms. Notts, I've heard things about you abusing your prefect position," He said sternly.

"Who said that?! They are lying professor!" She was fuming looking at Morsia, thinking she might've been the one who told on her but Morsia was looking as if she was watching a soap opera.

"Now, That's no way to act! anyways I heard you bullied first-year Slytherins and Ignored the warnings of Senior Prefects" He added, his tone with finality.

"I-No Professor, they are trying to troll me" she answered helplessly.

Professor Slughorn shook his head, "There were witnesses, Ms. Notts"

"You're tainting our house's reputation"

"What are you planning to do about it, professor?" Riddle chimed in.

"Well, I was thinking of having a replacement!" Prof Slughorn told enthusiastically.

"What?" Notts was in shock, she had barely managed to get this prefect badge now it was getting out of her hands?

"I think Ms. Ravenwood would be a perfect candidate!" Prof. Slughorn Added.

"What?!" Riddle and Notts exclaimed. Riddle looked at Notts weirdly and then turned toward Prof. Slughorn.

"What do you mean Professor?" Notts asked as if she didn't hear him say.

"It is what it is, I've already talked to Ms. Ravenwood and Professor Dippet About it--They agreed," He said gleefully.

Notts looked at Morsia, who had a smug smile and raised her eyebrows mockingly at her.

Riddle was too stunned to speak.

This was not what he had planned. When he told on Notts, he thought he would get rid of her but he had forgotten to find a less annoying replacement.

"Hand over your prefect badge to Ms.Ravenwood, will you?" Prof. Slughorn asked Notts, who stood there dumbfounded.

Notts offered to pin the badge for Morsia, but she had offered her hands clearly ignoring her advances.

Notts felt so humiliated and felt like the time has stopped and it seemed like this was lasting forever.

11