Prologue – Side B
60 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As she walks across the rugged battlefield, a bell tinkles.

Steady. At the same frequency. At the same period of time. That sound reverberates in the earholes of hideous anthropomorphic and foreign-bodied creatures.

There are recurring shocks of magic everywhere. While blood spreads across the barren land like a picturesque reddish oil paint.

That walking figure is... pristine, divine, saintly. It is by any standards defined as "Celestial".

One of the hideous beasts, still with the flesh of a soldier's face in its maw, crawls towards the walking individual. Only to find itself disintegrated the moment it gets close enough.

The girl doesn't even flinch at that. And it was such a strange way of killing that caught the attention of other beasts of the same kind, who didn't think twice about running on all fours towards this girl.

By the time they realised, it was too late. They all vanished into ashes in a matter of seconds. None of those were left alive, but there is still a whole military platoon in equal beasts.

Noticing that she was now being outnumbered. The girl mutters a few words...

-Ora pro nobis, Sancta Dei Genitrix. -. Raising the golden cross staff in her hands, the girl enacts her simple spell.

(Pray for us, Holy Mother of God).

Spell which, spread out as a beam of golden light that swept all the monsters on the site - demons - several meters away, losing limbs in the process and those who received a direct hit simply had their bodies shredded by such inexplicable force.

But the girl did not stop there, thrusting her staff into the infertile earth, it was then that a zone was delimited around her, approximately 750m around, a zone in which several of the demons impacted, suddenly stopping their sudden flight.

She looks at her surroundings, and analyses them.

It is fortunate that so far she has not encountered any entities capable of flight, it has saved her a lot of trouble. So what comes next is going to be one of her easiest jobs.

In order to end the war... the girl with the short black hair and lifeless eyes, empty like herself, is just doing her job.

There is nothing else to do. Humanity has to have an image to worship, a doctrine to believe in and a person to lead them. And the only way to achieve that is by arms.

So, the girl keeps muttering...

-Munda hanc terram, Domine, et omnem peccati labem et immunditiam dele in loco....

(Cleanse this earth, O Lord, and blot out every stain of sin and impurity from the place...)

As that line left her lips, particles of light begin to emerge from the earth. The demons are confused and begin to stir at the sudden appearance of such lights.

And before they knew it, starting with their limbs, they began to disintegrate.

Agonising cries of pain and despair from hundreds of demons were heard in unison. But the girl was not finished yet. She bows towards the staff, with the golden cross, and then lowers one knee in respect.

Only to continue the exorcism.

-... obsecro te, genibus me prosternens ante Crucem Sancti Petri, instrumentum, quo Ecclesiae tuae sanctae confirmandae adiuvisti.

(I pray to Thee, prostrating myself on my knees before the Cross of St. Peter, the instrument which helped to establish Thy Holy Church).

Having finished her Latin prayer, in synchronicity, all the demons finished disintegrating. And the noise that sullied the girl's ears finally stopped.

She pulled the staff out of the earth, and the barrier was removed.

-Resquiece in pace.

(Rest in peace.)

Now looking around her. There was nothing but the thousands of corpses of the soldiers who fought this battle.

Their mission was over. Cleansing this battle zone was essential to deplete the enemy forces and that is why she was called. However, she detests the smell of iron that wafts into her palate through her nostrils.

She is someone who hates the smell of blood. A smell that has etched itself in her head as a terrible memory.

She has been told countless times not to use her skills foolishly. However, she chooses to ignore it right now because of the feeling in her chest. Pity. For these men did not deserve to die under any circumstances.

They are only fighting because they have been ordered to do so. Therefore, it is basically the girl's extended responsibility to be the one to right these wrongs.

Holding the staff in her left hand, she raises her right hand, manifesting the most powerful magical component attached to her person. A chalice.

- - -


[The skill "Holy Grail" has been activated. Confirm its activation with prayer.]

- - -

A voice sounds in the depths of her mind. That was the cue to proceed.

She raises her voice higher than she is used to, pronouncing:

-Accipite calicem hunc omnes et calicem qui deponit sanguinem Dei et Domini nostri, qui pro omnibus vobis et pro multis iam effusus est, per quem te absolvo a peccatis tuis. Hoc facit indignus servus tuus in commemoratione Dei nostri.

(Take this chalice, all of you, the chalice which deposits the blood of God our Lord, which has already been shed for all of you and for many, by which I absolve you from all your sins. This unworthy one of yours does this in memory of our God.)

Finishing with all the praying, a glow reflected from the chalice in the girl's hand, and immediately it begins to overflow with a reddish liquid that begins to spread and intermingle with the blood that stains the battlefield.

Everything spreads. Everything is wiped away. Everything returns.

- - -


[The "Holy Grail" has been activated. The miracle of the "Resurrection" has been authorised.]

- - -

That red liquid is introduced into the bodies of the soldiers, or at least those that it was possible to resurrect. Those who had lost their heads for example, it was impossible to resurrect them.

Kilo after kilo of flesh is mobilised to unite with each other, regrouping the living bodies of each individual.

But not only in them, from the infertile soil, grass and flowers began to grow again. She had made this possible.

Without cost. Without risk. Without offering anything in return.

She only used that power for the good of humanity.

Having confirmed that little by little the soldiers were coming back to life. She took a step forward, continuing on her way. For her work was done.

Behind her, cheers began to be heard as her image was recognised.

-Спасибо, что пришли, матушка Амадея!

(Thank you for coming, Mother Amadea!)

-Спасибо вам огромное за помощь! Мы не заслужили вашей милости!

(Thank you very, very much for helping us! We don't deserve your mercy!)

-Слава тебе, Матриарх, пусть Бог направляет твои шаги!

(Praise be to you, Matriarch! God guide your steps!)

-Я обязан вам жизнью, теперь я могу увидеть свою семью!

(I owe you my life, now I can see my family!)

The bustling people who are the soldiers... the young girl continues to walk having a slight smile on her face. But, she stops for a moment and shouts:

-Pax tibi!

(Peace be with you!)

This world is very treacherous.

But that girl, she became the beacon of hope for billions of people. Even with all that she has lived through in her 17 years, she can still smile. Because despite everything, she loves this whole world and its people.

She is Amadea Dionysus. The current head of the Holy Catholic Church. But it will be a long time before she can become what she is today.

First, Shin-ae Heewon must die. To start moving the gears of a new world.

1